How to play swgoh on PC?

Hi so I'm relatively new and see that all the streamers on youtube play on their computers and would like to do that as well, but I don't know how to do that because when i go to the google play store on my pc it isnt available for pc.(Windows not mac) Any help? Thanks

Replies

• GeitsTam
    26 posts Member
    You need an app emulator.
  • Wouldn't that be against the rules though? Like technically?
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Wouldn't that be against the rules though? Like technically?

You really think they would be Game Changers any longer if it is against the rules?

This is what you're looking for: https://www.bluestacks.com/index.html
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I'd reccomend Memu or Nox over Bluestacks. Any of them would do fine.
  • Kisakee wrote: »

You really think they would be Game Changers any longer if it is against the rules?

Yeah no I know what bluestacks is. The thing is that people who cheat in this game (yes, actual cheating, and no you shouldn't try it) are doing it from computers with emulators. I also remember reading something about emulators being explicitly forbidden but it might've been another game.

Anyway emulators allow for cheating on many mobile games in one way or another, and so they're usually not supported and in many cases outright forbidden.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »

Yeah no I know what bluestacks is. The thing is that people who cheat in this game (yes, actual cheating, and no you shouldn't try it) are doing it from computers with emulators. I also remember reading something about emulators being explicitly forbidden but it might've been another game.

Anyway emulators allow for cheating on many mobile games in one way or another, and so they're usually not supported and in many cases outright forbidden.

Anything that can be done on emulators can also be done on the smart phones.
  • No_Try wrote: »

Anything that can be done on emulators can also be done on the smart phones.

While that's true, **** around with a program's code is much, much, muuch simpler and easier to do from a computer. Doing it from a smartphone would be completely silly and backwards. But yes of course it's possible, at least with Android OS being open source and all.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member

Fair point. However Mobilegamer made a video about how to setup and use Bluestacks so it must be some sort of allowed, i don't think you will be punished for using it.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    I doubt they can even tell you are using an emulator, they mirror specific phone or tablet models and flag themselves as such. If you use one then you inevitably sign in with your google account at which point you likely get notified of sign in on new device and it won't say NOX emulator, it will say Galaxy S9+ or something (obviously if that is what it is emulating).
  • I use bluestacks all the time … and I spend most of my time in front of a PC, therefore … :)
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    I use Nox Player. It is really usefull to set a macro so i don't break my fingers using those bronzium credits. :D
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Hmm... I spend most of my time in front of a computer too, really. And right now I'm breaking my fingers opening bronzium cards on my phone, which is slow as hell.

So I figure since it's apparently not prohibited then maybe I'll download an emulator too :D

So Nox better than Bluestacks then?
  • Hmm... I spend most of my time in front of a computer too, really. And right now I'm breaking my fingers opening bronzium cards on my phone, which is slow as hell.

So I figure since it's apparently not prohibited then maybe I'll download an emulator too :D

So Nox better than Bluestacks then?

Both Nox and Memu are more performant and less resource-hungry than BlueStacks. Memu is the fastest and least resource-consuming in my experience. But Nox allows you to use the mouse wheel to scroll through shipments and other SWGOH menus, which is a big help. So is Memu's task bar though, which enables you to force-close apps Windows style with a single click on an X button.

Another point to consider is that Memu's launcher loads faster and is less annoying than Nox's. You can install a different launcher from the app store, but Nox reverts this every other day and forces its own sluggish and add-riddled launcher back on you. There are ways to prevent this (root Nox, install a better file manager, locate and delete the launcher APK), but you won't be able to update Nox without reversing this change.

Regardless of which emulator you use, you'll want to make sure to force-close some background processes that keep running (and potentially phoning home) after you close the program. Nox goes as far as to install two suspicious executables that start with Windows but don't seem to serve any emulator-related purpose. So if you decide for Nox, make sure to open your Nox\bin folder after the installation and delete both KTND exe files.

In order to force-close processes that are necessary for the emulator but won't close upon exiting it, You can put a batch file on your desktop. Simply create a new text file and change the extension from .txt to .bat. Then right-click the file, choose Edit, paste the following lines in the file, and hit Ctrl+S to save it. In case of Nox, you only need one line:

C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /f /im NoxVMSVC.exe

For Memu, you need to close a few more processes:
    • C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /f /im MEmuConsole.exe
    • C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /f /im adb.exe
    • C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /f /im MemuService.exe
    • C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /f /im MEmuSVC.exe

Now just run the batch file after closing the emulator. These processes are probably harmless and only stay alive to speed up the start process if you close and open the emulator repeatedly during the day. But I don't completely trust "free" software and like to control of what is running in the background when I do my online banking. I also want my system to be as performant as possible when I play other games. It's never a bad idea to close everything you don't need.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    the Devs have already said numerous times emulators are allowed, they are not supported but yes they are allowed.
    im actually sure i seen one of them say they use nox themselves tbh but cant find that post, anyways yes the GC's have admitted they use emulators also so if it wasnt allowed they would not have been official GC's (yes i know the scheme has been cancelled)

anyways Memu is easy to set up an "auto clicker" for opening bronziums, only annoying part is messing about when you get shards as thats a different layout lmao
  • I've used BlueStacks and Nox and I prefer BlueStacks for playing GOH.