Kit Reveal: Shaak Ti

Replies

• YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Yotommy wrote: »
    SWGOH Community : Mace Windu Rework
    CG : Here's a Jedi that died 20 different times, has synergy with weak Clones and won't be any good in Arena.
    This whining is uncalled for, and the community has been asking for Shaak Ti for literally years.

Just because the thing they're releasing right now is not the one thing you are most interested in does not mean they're doing something wrong. We're still in the Clone Wars cycle, so there are more reworks and characters on the horizon. I sincerely doubt we're getting to Q4 without seeing more clone trooper content.

Also, not every new thing has to be arena oriented.

Also - if it’s a marquee release they have to put stuff out now so we can farm at a later time.

Mace is here. Waiting for his 2nd touch up.

Plus GEODSTB is coming. Not ls

^ Wrongo....they said GEOTB coming and DS first...........

Yes. Exactly. geoDStb.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Legend91 wrote: »
    This has to be one of the most powerful basics in the game.

So, raids then? And maybe p3 of HSTR? Speed health and offense bonus, Offense up, stacking damage, multiple mass attacks, TM gain like crazy for Shaak. And this from the insight:

"I also wanted to note that the bonuses from Training Exercises persists between encounters so Shaak Ti will be particularly effective in modes like Territory Battles and any other multi-encounter events."

I do think its odd that she is the only one that does not get healed from her lead... Is that intended? And does she gain a bonus from Assault team? Maybe 5s will get an auto taunt to protect her? She just seems very vulnerable.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Treeburner wrote: »
    ulich6awdmr1.gif
    FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs on all allies. Call all Clone Trooper allies to assist. If target ally is a Clone Trooper, he gains 100% Turn Meter.

Target ally gains buffs for 3 turns based on their role:
    - Attacker: Stealth and Critical Chance Up
    - Support or Healer: Speed Up and Tenacity Up
    - Tank: Taunt and Critical Hit Immunity

So are we targeting one enemy and one ally and the rest assist or are all assisting allies receiving the buff ?

I would like to know this too. Kinda confusing how written.
  • I am super surprised that the next toon after Padme wasn't a fifth Geo toon. I've just assumed geos and sep droids were going to be the equivalent on Geonosia of IT and BH on Hoth. But without a 5th geo, that doesn't seem like it will happen.

As far as Shaak Ti goes, I am a little disappointed that there isn't more synergy with the full GR faction. Not a huge fan of the development of the game trending away from being flexible when it comes to creating teams.
  • VonZant wrote: »

Final text needs a proofread.

I'm liking this. Perhaps I just had hard counters, but in the rare times I faced full G12 clone squads, I walked them with circa G9 FO or zBas. A handful in arena or GA, the others in the days before I could sim GW. Perhaps clones will be stronger enough now.

However, I'm more liking this from a jedi perspective. My current jedi are zBas, zGmy, Ezra, jka, and snips. Hoping for JKR next time, which'll leave jka and snips homeless. I don't have padme or GK, but Shaak Ti + JKA + snips + 5s + CSgt (one of my initial toons and an easy farm to finish) sounds good
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Roksteady wrote: »
    I am super surprised that the next toon after Padme wasn't a fifth Geo toon. I've just assumed geos and sep droids were going to be the equivalent on Geonosia of IT and BH on Hoth. But without a 5th geo, that doesn't seem like it will happen.

As far as Shaak Ti goes, I am a little disappointed that there isn't more synergy with the full GR faction. Not a huge fan of the development of the game trending away from being flexible when it comes to creating teams.
    They explained why — she is a teacher of clones so it makes sense most of her synergy and kit would be designed around clone troopers, which are part of the Galactic Republic (subset of it)
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    This has to be one of the most powerful basics in the game.

You're right, yeah.

She looks a great character - should be a lot of fun. Obviously the Clones need some love.

I wonder how many folks will switch Rex for Sergeant, considering Rex is a great stand-alone leader for so many other squads.

But yes - this is a good news! Plus - the animation looks fantastic - as it is in so many other aspects of the game. The art and animation in SWGOH is very, very good
  • SamuraiUX
    265 posts Member
    Juzz wrote: »
    Training exercises @ clone seargent =100%TM if both crit

Clone Seargent rework next? I don’t think they’ll like that possible 100%TM gain

Yeah, I thought it was funny that in all their synergy pictures they're like "all the clones except Sergeant. Just don't use him, no synergy there at all." Like we'll forget he exists.
    ulich6awdmr1.gif
    FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs on all allies. Call all Clone Trooper allies to assist. If target ally is a Clone Trooper, he gains 100% Turn Meter.

So are we targeting one enemy and one ally and the rest assist or are all assisting allies receiving the buff ?

@CG_SBCrumb any info on this?
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    On the surface, I’m very underwhelmed:

1. Two zetas - Between the DR, Separatist Droids, and Padme teams, there is no catching up on zetas, not to mention omegas. Unless she becomes groundbreaking somehow, I don’t see any rush to get her or gear her if you can’t zeta her.
    2. Clone Weakness - Now this is very preliminary and we need to see her in action, but clones are pretty much wet noodles when it comes to damage. Even with the assists they don’t do much. Yes, she’s going to increase their damage some, but I don’t think it’s going to be enough to compete with other B level squads. Clones will need a rework or they will need to release a new clone that is a big hitter.
    3. Counters - There are some super obvious counters, one or which was released not long ago. Padme. All those assists from clones attacking out of turn will give Galactic Republic non-stop protection up. Traya is a counter as well, but probably huge overkill. I’m sure other counters will become apparent as well, but to release something that is countered by something that was released just prior to this seems odd. Normally the reverse is true. You release something and then you release a counter, not the other way around.

Guess we’ll just have to wait and see her in action. This does seem to be more of a TB team than anything.
    ulich6awdmr1.gif

Im pretty sure what they mean here is, you target 1 ally, and if a clone, he will get 100%TM, then all clones assist. that much i think is fairly clear, what is not clear, is if ally is not a clone, will they still get the buffs? the way it is wordied t would seem so, but likely it's not .

really liking the kit, but not sure worth the investment like others, hopefully it won't be stupid pay gear at least and will be marquis
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    It's pretty clear to me...
    Dispel all debuffs on all allies.
    Call all Clone Trooper allies to assist.
    If target ally is a Clone Trooper, he gains 100% Turn Meter
    Target ally gains buffs for 3 turns based on their role...

If only a Clone Trooper could gain the buffs it'd read...
    If target ally is a Clone Trooper, he gains 100% Turn Meter and buffs for 3 turns based on his role...
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    ......there is no catching up on zetas, not to mention omegas.....
    That's basically the point of the game....they don't want people to catch up...there'd be no reason to spend if we could all catch up...and then there'd be no game if people stopped spending.
    ....Now this is very preliminary and we need to see her in action, but clones are pretty much wet noodles when it comes to damage....
    We already know the focus in on Clone Wars right now and that they are planning reworks and new CW characters....seems pretty obvious that they have more in store for the Clones by adding a new leader for them.
    There are some super obvious counters, one or which was released not long ago. Padme. All those assists from clones attacking out of turn will give Galactic Republic non-stop protection up. Traya is a counter as well, but probably huge overkill.
    If this team could eat up Padme and Traya teams in GA/TW, that would be great. There are counters to everything, but you only have a limited number of squads to use. I don't think there would be any reasonable expectation that a new character that is probably marquee would be thrown in with a pretty useless existing team like Clone and they'd suddenly be meta. Every new thing in this game doesn't have to meta...that would really suck if the meta changed THAT often.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    ......there is no catching up on zetas, not to mention omegas.....
    That's basically the point of the game....they don't want people to catch up...there'd be no reason to spend if we could all catch up...and then there'd be no game if people stopped spending.
    ....Now this is very preliminary and we need to see her in action, but clones are pretty much wet noodles when it comes to damage....
    We already know the focus in on Clone Wars right now and that they are planning reworks and new CW characters....seems pretty obvious that they have more in store for the Clones by adding a new leader for them.
    There are some super obvious counters, one or which was released not long ago. Padme. All those assists from clones attacking out of turn will give Galactic Republic non-stop protection up. Traya is a counter as well, but probably huge overkill.
    If this team could eat up Padme and Traya teams in GA/TW, that would be great. There are counters to everything, but you only have a limited number of squads to use. I don't think there would be any reasonable expectation that a new character that is probably marquee would be thrown in with a pretty useless existing team like Clone and they'd suddenly be meta. Every new thing in this game doesn't have to meta...that would really suck if the meta changed THAT often.

To the first point, it’s having the opposite effect. I have no reason to spend money to get Shak Ti since I won’t have the zetas anyways. I can’t buy zetas. Anyone who is behind on zetas has no incentive to spend money to get Shak Ti.
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »

If target ally is a Clone Trooper, he gains 100% Turn Meter and buffs for 3 turns based on his role...

yes, assuming they did not gaff in the wording, we all know that happens too often, i suspect only a clone will get the buffs, but i can hope otherwise
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    ddlooping2 wrote: »

Strangely, none of that is my confusion. Its a target ally mass assist and just wondering if actually target an ally and only he gets the buff or all clones that assist get the buff. It appears to be the first. Jut don't recall seeing an ability like it before.
  • chimmpres
    8 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Love it, now galactic marines & bacara maybe even wolfe &gregor please so we have clone variety. also rework clones and refund cody zeta 💕💕💕
  • Can we get Delta Squad added as well? They were only 4-man team, ideal for her.
  • Fixer
    150 posts Member
    I have never wanted delta squad more than I do rn and I am also very disappointed that this makes Cody zeta look pathetic
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Fixer wrote: »
    I have never wanted delta squad more than I do rn and I am also very disappointed that this makes Cody zeta look pathetic
    As opposed to two days ago... when Cody zeta looked pathetic, and if placed on defense can be reliably eaten by Nest.
    Still not a he.
  • Nice 50 free shards incoming with some mods, i do miss the marquis's, so what you have to wait 3 months, most of us have enough other toons, need crystals for just so many other things
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    What you are saying is obvious but as the suggestion text says, they are currently not an Arena fit squad. Perhaps when the Clones are reworked, then we will see them in the Arena. They have JUST gotten a viable leader but they are still too outdated and trash at the moment to even come close to countering JKR, DR or Padme
    While the clones will almost certainly get some love in the near future, not everything has to be arena viable.
    Still not a he.
  • How many kyrotechs does she need? I’m guessing at least 5 or 6.

It’s 4. I wasn’t too far off.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    AntiFunn wrote: »

1. Two zetas - Between the DR, Separatist Droids, and Padme teams, there is no catching up on zetas, not to mention omegas. Unless she becomes groundbreaking somehow, I don’t see any rush to get her or gear her if you can’t zeta her.
    2. Clone Weakness - Now this is very preliminary and we need to see her in action, but clones are pretty much wet noodles when it comes to damage. Even with the assists they don’t do much. Yes, she’s going to increase their damage some, but I don’t think it’s going to be enough to compete with other B level squads. Clones will need a rework or they will need to release a new clone that is a big hitter.
    3. Counters - There are some super obvious counters, one or which was released not long ago. Padme. All those assists from clones attacking out of turn will give Galactic Republic non-stop protection up. Traya is a counter as well, but probably huge overkill. I’m sure other counters will become apparent as well, but to release something that is countered by something that was released just prior to this seems odd. Normally the reverse is true. You release something and then you release a counter, not the other way around.

Guess we’ll just have to wait and see her in action. This does seem to be more of a TB team than anything.

What you are saying is obvious but as the suggestion text says, they are currently not an Arena fit squad. Perhaps when the Clones are reworked, then we will see them in the Arena. They have JUST gotten a viable leader but they are still too outdated and trash at the moment to even come close to countering JKR, DR or Padme

I didn’t think they needed to be arena viable. They just don’t seem to be viable at all now though until something else drops like a clone rework. In the meantime, there isn’t any reason to spend on her or gear her since she takes two zetas. Seems like an obvious choice to wait until she goes F2P and spend the zetas on droids, Padme’s squad, etc, instead.
  • Strojař
    115 posts Member
    Why new character CG? You said for some time after all your releases and reworks there wil be no new chars for some time. You said it in that Q&A. So it was not true? What else?
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    @Legend 91:

Between Shaak-Ti & Snips there's gonna be a whole lotta dispellin' going on.

@Kisakee:

Yes, it seems like it's not as good and it seems like you have to spend crystals to get the character, BUT...

...the Chase is designed so you get about 45-50 shards (obviously it will vary a bit) off free energy, so the the number of shards you get "free" is about the same as the number of shards you get free from Marquee events.

The difference is that the marquee toon is guaranteed to open, because it opens at 2*. But getting the marquee ton at 3* isn't much better than not having it at all, but having the same number of shards waiting in the bank for when you are ready to actually farm the thing.

If a 3* toon is more useful to you than the matchmaking-hit you take in GA & TW, then sure. It's better to have the toon at 3* for free.

HOWEVER, if you're not going to use the toon at 3*, then it's actually better to sit on the same number of shards without activating the toon - and if that's what you're doing, then the Galactic Chase and the Marquee are exactly the same.

FINALLY, if you're probably going to spend crystals on the farm eventually (but you weren't planning on spending thousands in a single weekend), you'll pay a lot more buying from Shipments than buying energy for the Chase.

[Calculation:
    1 x 100 crystal refresh = 120 energy = 12 attempts on Fleet normal nodes. At 40% drop rate (4% x 10 energy), you get 4.8 shards per 100 crystals. Cost in crystals per shard = 21.
    1 x 200 crystal refresh once you've used up the 3 cheap ones = 2 x previous cost = 2 x 21 = 42 crystals/shard.
    Purchasing in Shipments costs 80 crystals/shard for toons and 100 crystals/blueprint for ships

Purchasing through shipments is 4.75x as expensive for ships compared to your first 3 Fleet energy refreshes per day during Galactic Chase. It's approximately 2.4 times as expensive as your 4th, 5th & 6th energy refreshes per day during GC.

For toons, purchasing through shipments is 3.8x as expensive on the first 3 refreshes and 1.9x as expensive for the next 3.
    ]

If you're planning on buying a little extra energy and maybe 1/day node refresh to accelerate your farm, you might still save energy by maxing shards during the Galactic chase. The energy savings are obvious on Cantina farms and Fleet farms. For regular hard nodes, the aggressive GC strategies and the conservative Hard node, long-farm strategies can be pretty close and could even depend on the RNG. Even there, though, the first 3 refreshes / day during GC should give good value.

[Calculation:
    For normal farming = 25 to refresh a node + 50 crystals for energy refresh on normal hard nodes = 75 crystals for 1.6 - 1.67 shards. This is 45 - 47 crystals/shard. Since you actually get a little bit of extra energy, you haven't technically spent all 45-47 crystals on those shards, a little goes into extra energy you can use for another farm. Depending on how expensive the node is (but they will usually be 20 energy nodes), the actual cost is 40-41 on highest cost nodes, 35-36.5 on nodes that cost 16 energy per attempt.

Since you don't know in advance what node the toon will be on, the fair cost for comparing in advance is about 39 crystals per shard if EA is just as likely to use 16 energy nodes or 20 energy nodes. Still, I don't trust them to ever use 16 energy nodes for the good toons, so i still use the fair comparison value of 41 crystals/shard.

This is almost dead even with the 42 crystals/shard above on the most expensive energy refreshes and is WAY more expensive than your first 3 refreshes/day during the chase. This means that slow farming is barely better than dead even in crystal cost with the most expensive Galactic Chase strategy. However, even though it ekes out a slight win (41 vs. 42), with Galactic Chase you can choose what gear you want to farm at the same time you're farming shards. If you're farming hard nodes later you have to take whatever gear is assigned to the same node as the character you want. This flexibility in choosing the gear you seek makes a slight win (41 vs. 42) into a decided loss -at least to my mind.

Next note that this is only comparing the cost of the shards you pay for to the cost of other shards you pay for. If you want to factor in the first 5 attempts and call them free, then the cost of slow-farming is effectively halved. Now you're talking about 20.5 crystals/shard compared to 21 crystals/ shard.

You might want to say that that last 0.5 crystals per shard can add up, but it's just a tiny bit less than 2.5% of your total costs, and variation in your RNG luck can easily swamp that 2.5%. It's a bit more likely that you'll spend fewer crystals on the long farm, but there's still a good chance you'll spend fewer crystals on the faster farm, and getting it faster AND cheaper is obviously better.

At this point the argument for spending on those first 3 refreshes during the GC event comes down to 1: getting the shards for the same cost, but much sooner (and thus the toon or ship is usable much sooner), and 2: you get to choose which gear you farm. However, it's certainly true that if you're planning on long-farming a toon or ship this way b/c the toon just isn't that good, you definitely will lose value on your 4th, 5th, and 6th energy refreshes, so you should stop at 3 refreshes/day during the GC event.

For Cantina node farming = 100 for energy, no node refresh cost. 7.5 attempts per 120 energy (on 16 energy nodes), with a 30-33% drop rate. This yields 2.25-2.5 shards per 100 crystals. The cost per shard is 40-44.4 crystals. This is dead on with the most aggressive Galactic Chase strategy, plus GC allows you to choose which gear you farm AND you don't have to wait 3 months to start farming. If you never refresh cantina energy, then you can get the toon or ship free by super-slow farming it. If you refresh only once per day and you want to factor that in, then the cost is halved, or even cut by 58% if you get the free 45 cantina energy every day. This one refresh/day strategy equates to a cost of 17.75 to 22 crystals/shard, compared with 21 crystals/shard for your first 3 refreshes per day during the GC event.

Comparing 17.75-22 vs. 21, the ability to get the shards now and greatly accelerate when the toon is ultimately usable to you may be worth the difference (not to mention the ability to pick the gear you farm), but if you only refresh 1/day only the first 3 energy refreshes per day during GC will be worth it.

For Fleet node farming = 25 to refresh a node + 100 for energy refresh, but only using 83.33 crystals worth of that energy. This means 108.33 crystals for 5 attempts, expecting 1.6 - 1.67 shards. 108.33/(1.6 to 1.67) = 64.8 to 67.7. This is literally 50% more expensive than spending crystals on a 4th, 5th, or 6th energy refresh during the original galactic chase, AND you don't get to choose which gear you farm.

As a final note, remember that you don't know in advance whether the toon will come out on Hard nodes, fleet nodes, or cantina nodes. You'll have to decide what that means to you. Perhaps you are a conservative spender, so only the first 3 refreshes will be worth it to you. With truly valuable toons, toons you really want to use, spending on 6 refreshes/day is easily worth it compared to later costs of Cantina nodes, Fleet nodes, and definitely on purchasing through shipments - which won't even give you the bonus gear.

Ultimately this means that the maximum crystals you will need on hand for a GC event where you're aiming for the most shards is (3 x 100 crystals + 3 x 200 crystals) * 3days + 600 for the Fleet Energy Pack in the store. Total = 3300 crystals.
    ]

For those who don't want to read the math behind the spoilers: The ONLY time you don't ultimately save crystals or break even on crystals while getting to use the toon much sooner is if you don't care when you get the toon and are happy to wait 3 months to start farming and then you farm just 5x hard node attempts per day (1.6 shards/day) which means taking about 5 more months to finish the toon.

Meanwhile, in addition to saving crystals for those who are farming aggressively, you come out of the event with a 5* toon or ship immediately (or even 6* if you have the crystals for 6 refreshes/day), which is often a viable star count so that your new ship or toon can be used right away. Finally, you also get the gear, etc. that comes with the nodes you farm during the chase. It's a great excuse to pick up some more stun gun or gold eyeball salvage.

With the Emperor's shuttle I farmed up to 5* and then stopped. With Carth's ship I finished with 5* and 37/85. It was a complete steal. I actually regretted not farming more aggressively on Palp's ship.

So, sure, the free farming is about the same either way, but if you know you want to use something, you really do save crystals by splurging during the chase. The galactic chase events allow you to choose if you want 50 shards for free or if you want to spend to get a 5* or 6* ship/toon. I like having the choice instead of having EA make it for me.

Ultimately, because of
    a) the crystal value,
    b) the Chase events feel exciting to me, and finally
    c) the only toons I wouldn't unlock at 4* during an event are ones that just aren't valuable enough to farm in anything but the slowest possible way...
    ...I much prefer galactic chase events.

Yeah, it does require you to spend crystals if you want the toon instantly, but even if you just spend a few hundred you'll get a 4* instead of a 3*, and though you might miss the crystals in the short run, you definitely save in the long run.

But it's good to have a cache of crystals anyway, not just for GC events, b/c you never know when you might need them (:cough: Malak :cough:). If you've got them, based on all the benefits listed above, why not spend a few and be happy at the deal you just got.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Strojař wrote: »
    Why new character CG? You said for some time after all your releases and reworks there wil be no new chars for some time. You said it in that Q&A. So it was not true? What else?
    What?

They never said no new characters.

They said they'd slow down on event characters (legendary/journey/mythic) for a while, and they said there was nothing more for May after the Nute and Dooku reworks. It's not May anymore, and it's time for Shaak Ti.

They'd never say no new characters. New characters are the lifeblood of the game. We've rarely had a month without characters.
    Still not a he.
  • I like the kit ... character is so tall in game ... kind of freaky ... as tall as Chewie ... hopefully they fix it ... clones look like school kids and teacher with her
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Strojař wrote: »

They said they wouldn't release any new characters in May. It's not May any more.

Where's the lie?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.