Is force quitting a battle equals retreat?

Generally i thought force quitting meant that you end the battle at the point where it was and basically the game count down the rest of the 5 minutes ( if the enemy has turns left after the point you force quit it takes it "behind the scenes")
But this TW 2 of my guildmates force quit a match where they couldn't retreat.
During these battles they made decent hits to the enemy but not enough to be good enough for registering. They couldn't retreat because it was enemy turn so they decided to Force quit (they thought force quit = retreat).

Next time another guildmate went in to fight the previously mentioned team and it was like nothing happened before. All started from 0 turnmeter and max health max protection.

So here is the question, is force quitting same as retreat from a TW combat?

Replies

• if you force quit its like the battle never happened.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Yes, force quiting, retreating and connection loss all result in the same thing.
  • I’ve heard the opposite from guild mates, that they force quit during a tw match and it still results in fully loaded tm. I suspect it’s because in those cases the enemy tm train was already rolling and the proper forfeit option wasn’t available. Force quitting at that point seems like it might allow the battle to play out “behind the scenes” as the OP suggests.
    @CG_SBCrumb can we get verification of this?
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Your guild mates are wrong. There's no connection to the server until you forfeit or the match ends, so there's no way for the server to know what TM is where and there's no behind the scenes.

I force quit multiple times (before I heard about airplane mode) and it always worked.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ohiojones wrote: »
    I’ve heard the opposite from guild mates, that they force quit during a tw match and it still results in fully loaded tm. I suspect it’s because in those cases the enemy tm train was already rolling and the proper forfeit option wasn’t available. Force quitting at that point seems like it might allow the battle to play out “behind the scenes” as the OP suggests.
    @CG_SBCrumb can we get verification of this?

If you're too late with force closing the game, the result still stands. For example if you force close when your last toon is already eliminated. That's why people use airplane mode like TVF is saying, your device won't be able to send the "loss" to the ea/cg servers, so it just doesn't register.
    (you still got to force close even if you're using airplane mode (when the game tells you there's a connection issue after you lost).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • That makes sense. On further discussion it sounds like that’s been my guild mates experience as well. Basically not force closing soon enough. Airplane mode should take care of that. I’m still curious to know exactly where that cutoff is. Sometimes I’ll have an enemy close to death and it might be better to power through and keep that progress rather than quit the match.
    In any case, thanks for the clarification all. See you on the holotables!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i don't know exactly when the cutoff point is either. After i failed a couple times i just started using airplane mode in risky battles.
    Save water, drink champagne!