New Grand Arena and Territory Battle Currencies [MEGA]

Prev134
RJ__Brando
1500 posts Moderator

DEV POST
Hello Holotable Heroes,

Since this is my first forum post, I’d like to introduce myself - I work on the analytics side of SWGOH mainly focusing on the in-game economy. So, I just do a lot of math.

With the upcoming release of Grand Arena Championships and the Geonosis Territory Battle, we will be introducing 2 new currencies, one earned from Grand Arena Championships and the other from the new Territory Battle.

New Grand Arena Championships Currency: Championship Tokens
Grand Arena Championship Tokens will be primarily earned through participation in Grand Arena Championship events, but they will also be earned through performing Feats. We’ll be introducing a new Grand Arena Championship tab to the store and we’ll have a post in the near future about what you’ll be able to purchase from there.

New Territory Battle Currency: Mk II Guild Event Tokens
Similar to how we added Gear 12+ as an exclusive reward to the Heroic Sith Triumvirate Raid, we’re adding a new store and exclusive currency to the new Geonosis Territory Battle to incentivize guilds to participate in the new content. Geonosis Territory Battle will be a difficult challenge for many Guilds but it's something for Guilds to strive towards over time. The rewards from this store will be very valuable for powering your team and enable your guild to complete older game modes even faster.

Guild Event Tokens will be earned from the Geonosian Territory Battle in addition to the new Mk II Guild Event Tokens.

Keep an eye out for more updates as we get closer to the release of Grand Arena Championships and the Geonosis Territory Battle.

-CG_Cyanides

DEV POST

Replies

• New currency means new shop.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • New currency means new shop.

New shop means new things!
    Go Pens!
  • And i saved 183 k event tokens for new charakters🙄

This is why we can't have nice things, such as not having to scroll through and check 10+ shops.
  • egtrip
    23 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    won't the new currencies devalue the older currencies?
    is seems the current in game economy is in a hyperinflation period devaluing many aspects of the game.
    @CG_Cyanides can you share how this hyperinflation period will be countered?
    *edit grammar

At least you can spend it on gear!
    Go Pens!
  • Does this mean we could possibly have 4 tbs a month?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Does this mean we could possibly have 4 tbs a month?

And maybe a TNT!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ugh that was terrible. 2/10
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    So will the GET store be getting any new toons or can I go back to purchasing stun guns again?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

And maybe a TNT!

WCW is coming back!
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    "New Territory Battle Currency: Mk II Guild Event Tokens
    [...] The rewards from this store will be very valuable for powering your team and enable your guild to complete older game modes even faster. [...]"

That reads like it's going to be the new g12 finishers that will get you to g13. So there's hope that it's not going to be a (close to) full stars only reward.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • RawdSW
    150 posts Member
    I'm all for adding new shiny things, but we already have three currencies that can be removed without changing gameplay - training/ehnancement droids and sim tokens. We also have two other currencies that most players convert to shards as soon as they earn them - Arena and GW tokens. And there is also that Ally Points thingy. Perhaps some cleanup is in order?

• flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    And i saved 183 k event tokens for new charakters🙄

they didn't say the new characters would be exclusive to the MK II currency so far, plus darth malak can still use it
  • I wanna say: “I much prefer the idea of getting currency and using it to purchase rewards that are actually helpful instead of randomizes crap I can’t use”. I wanna, but I feel like I’m missing something....
    Ooba hutar.
  • Monel wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

And maybe a TNT!

WCW is coming back!

AEW*
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Wrong one, brother!
  • RawdSW wrote: »
    I'm all for adding new shiny things, but we already have three currencies that can be removed without changing gameplay - training/ehnancement droids and sim tokens. We also have two other currencies that most players convert to shards as soon as they earn them - Arena and GW tokens. And there is also that Ally Points thingy. Perhaps some cleanup is in order?

Your first three aren’t really a shop currency (they’re more of a resource, like credits), but droids especially are still relevant to newer players. IIRC sim tickets were a pain to remove.

Arena tokens frequently are converted to prestige for me, I wouldn’t consider them shards only.
  • Slimy sobs adding a new currency
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Mk II GET store is such an embarrassment... Can’t wait for GW Mk II, Cantina Store Mk II and Shard Shop Mk II :unamused:
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Slimy sobs adding a new currency

tumblr_ntkd0hsOkP1tu6tfso1_250.gif
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Mk II GET store is such an embarrassment... Can’t wait for GW Mk II, Cantina Store Mk II and Shard Shop Mk II :unamused:

Don't worry, we'll get hundreds of mkII shard shop currency from the 2022 HAAT. And nowhere to spend it.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Interesting. Hopefully still get a decent amount of guild event tokens for the current store. Also makes me wonder if they will be adding any new characters in the future to it or expand the choices into 12+ gear.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    I was just thinking to myself that we didn't have enough currency types in the game. Nothing could make this game more accessible to new players than adding more shops/currency to keep straight. Giving us more good stuff in current shops, and more of existing currency would be no fun, and way too complicated.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    New stores new things!

Thats really all that matters.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Why not just add GET 2 options to the GET store? The Weekly Shipments tab already demonstrates that you can have multiple currencies purchases in one area. This way all TB related stuff is in one tab and doesn't add another scrolling action.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Ehh, it is what it is. Creating a 2nd guild event shop just seems lazy to me, but oh well. I’m just wondering how impactful this will be. Is it poaching season for the top guilds?
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I can't understand why anyone would be upset over this. Not putting more stuff in the GEC store means you're free to spend it on gear or Hoda/Wampa/Malak shards without having to worry that you'll fall behind on new stuff.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ehh, it is what it is. Creating a 2nd guild event shop just seems lazy to me, but oh well. I’m just wondering how impactful this will be. Is it poaching season for the top guilds?

Soon.