Challenge AGI tier 2

Challenges
AGI Gear Challenge
Tier 2
Boss battle: Savage Opress+2 droids

I had some trouble with this battle today: writing to find out if this is an oversight or working as intended.

Savage Opress and the droids (enemy) start with near the same timer, with Opress turn before the droids. When Opress knocks the parties health to one, both droids turns always come immediately after in that round, and they each kill a party member.

Adds a bit more challenge to try and kill the droids and not use them for party healing later; doesn't seem to fit the idea of the battle though.
Knights of the Mobile Republic

Replies

• if you inflict conditions on him then you can take 5k hp off him per turn i dont even bother with the droids
  • sometimes it takes me a few tries to get it right but he usually dies fast
  • Kill the droids first and you should have two healers atleast.
  • Yeah. As long as the droids don't target my healer, I can get through. When they do attack, its always when I'm at 1 HP and they remove two party members from the battle on the first round.
    The wrong two and its time for a retry.

That's why I take out the droids first in Tier II. Those extra attacks are rough and always come immediately following Opress' AoE.
  • Yeah, this challenge is ridiculous. Even at level 49 with 2 healers and 2 support, it's impossible. There is no way NOT to lose two characters in the first round due to the crazy mechanic and timing. I stopped even trying this in Tier 2 and just Auto Tier 1.
  • As others have mentioned, the key is to take out the droids first. Don't worry about their health bonus, it is useless compared to using your own healers' abilities. If you have Daka and can stun one of them that allows you to focus on the other. Honestly, I don't even bother attacking Oppress until the droids are dead.
  • Arctrooper wrote: »
    Yeah, this challenge is ridiculous. Even at level 49 with 2 healers and 2 support, it's impossible. There is no way NOT to lose two characters in the first round due to the crazy mechanic and timing. I stopped even trying this in Tier 2 and just Auto Tier 1.

It's actually pretty easy at 49. Just focus the droids first. Knock them out before Savage gets in his AOE. Then bring healers and anyone with a special attack that inflicts a debuff to Savage (ie. Talia's special). Also bring someone with a counter attack since you just need to outlast Savage and then counter his final AOE attack.

The only way you lose this is if you let Savage hit you with AOE and his droids then get to hit you since they'll each take out a char. This is the only challenge left that I actually play and don't just auto-play it. Even so auto-play wins maybe 60% of the time.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    As others have said you must kill the droids first. Also, apply debuffs to him as they cause all attacks to do massive extra damage.
    Stunners are useful in this challenge, such as Asajj and Dooku. Talia's DOT special will apply the debuff to Opress. Make sure you have at least two healers, and beware that Barriss is now pretty useless here. :(
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Just make sure you ignore the droids at all times. The droids will do little damage, so they are not worth bothering. The challenge comes from Savage Opress and his Overpower attack.

The Overpower will bring all your health to zero, but will not kill. All kills come from basic attacks he or the drones perform after Savage Opress has launched his Overpower attack.

So it's not worth healing before he launches his Overpower attack. Save any healing you might have for after his attack.

Kill Savage Opress as quickly as possible. If you have any ways to expose him, block his abilities, slow him down, or something in that area, use it.

Time your Abilities Block, as you want to inflict it right before he launches his Overpower attack. For everything else, timing does really matter. Just hurt him plenty.

If you have Talia on your team, use her Harrowing Assault early, and use her Draining Strike after Savage Opress used his Overpower, so you get some health back.
  • Shanks
    131 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Knock out droids first.With the phasma advantage buff opress should be easy then.I use talia consular and daka for heal along with phasma and dooku.opress doesnt get more than one attack on me thanks to the daka's and dooku's stun combined phasma's speed reduction.
  • Arctrooper
    53 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    It's actually pretty easy at 49. Just focus the droids first. Knock them out before Savage gets in his AOE. Then bring healers and anyone with a special attack that inflicts a debuff to Savage (ie. Talia's special). Also bring someone with a counter attack since you just need to outlast Savage and then counter his final AOE attack.

The only way you lose this is if you let Savage hit you with AOE and his droids then get to hit you since they'll each take out a char. This is the only challenge left that I actually play and don't just auto-play it. Even so auto-play wins maybe 60% of the time.

Yes. I know what to do. But I must have the wrong characters because I can't even kill one, let alone both of the droids before Savage gets his AOE. Then the droids just pick off my two healers. Game over. My Healers and support don't hit hard enough to take out a droid in one round.

So, I stand by my classification that this challenge at Tier 2 is ridiculous when other challenges at Tier 3 are easily completed. The combination of only Healers and Support (and Luminara classified as Attacker and not Healer, so can't use her) with the timing of the AOE and droid attack makes this unwinnable.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    What are your characters, and what levels? The droids have little health and you should not have that much trouble with them most of the time unless they get lucky with dodges.
    I do have Dooku, who for an inexplicable reason is classified as "support", and he definitely makes this easier.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    What are your characters, and what levels? The droids have little health and you should not have that much trouble with them most of the time unless they get lucky with dodges.
    I do have Dooku, who for an inexplicable reason is classified as "support", and he definitely makes this easier.

Talia - 49 gear V
    Consular - 49 gear V
    IG-100 MagnaGuard - 40 gear IV
    Coruscant Police - 35 gear III

I don't really use the Coruscant for anything other than this one challenge so I haven't sunk a lot of training in him.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I'm not very familiar with the latter two, but I think you will need to get them higher level or get some other support char to do this. Talia and JC should be fine. There are a lot of support chars, you just don't have very many of them.
    The IG-100 and Coruscant Police both have AoEs -- save them and use them first in the third round. Then focus on one at a time of the droids. I think you should have a chance of getting at least one out.
    But you may just have to do Tier I for the time being.
    If you got Captain Phasma as a freebie, she qualifies and is supposed to be decent. I am just gearing mine up now.
  • Arctrooper wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

Talia - 49 gear V
    Consular - 49 gear V
    IG-100 MagnaGuard - 40 gear IV
    Coruscant Police - 35 gear III

I don't really use the Coruscant for anything other than this one challenge so I haven't sunk a lot of training in him.

Consular/Talia/Magnaguard should be able to get through 1 droid before he launches his attack. But in general you just need 2 more chars and then this becomes easy. I have no idea what kind of debuffs Coruscan/IG-100 do but consular can't debuff and talia just has the one special attack that only hits occasionally so when you do kill the droids you're going to have trouble getting damage done. You have to trigger the expose to be able to make any kind of damage. Guys who call in assists like Biggs are helpful there and anybody who can counter-attack. Dooku makes this incredibly easy since he counters and he can stun triggering the expose.

IMHO if I were you I'd work on getting Phasma from galactic war shipments (only takes 4 days) and this will probably become easy. As important as doing GW and Arena are you should always make sure you have enough juice to complete all your challenges. Way too much good material to let it go to waste doing lower tier challenges. Old Daka is another. Both of them are good chars to unlock.
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    IMHO if I were you I'd work on getting Phasma from galactic war shipments (only takes 4 days) and this will probably become easy. As important as doing GW and Arena are you should always make sure you have enough juice to complete all your challenges. Way too much good material to let it go to waste doing lower tier challenges. Old Daka is another. Both of them are good chars to unlock.

Thanks. I'm working on unlocking Phasma now. I'm 30/50. Hopefully this will be doable win her in a my team. I need those agility parts!
  • Suffice to say, over time (leveling) this challenge gets much easier. I can usually take out both droids or take out one and stun one before Opress first attack.

Still was fairly ridiculous the first few days.

It gets better.
  • If you use Phasma's special ability and cause them to lose speed, the battle can be won pretty easily.
  • If you have qui-gon, you can also use his middle ability on one of the Droids. I use dooku, phasma, JC, talia, and QGJ, and with dooku and QGJ speed, can usually get the Droids taken out, losing 1 char at most. Also, I don't auto play the beginning, cuz the ai will screw up when the use abilities leading up to oppress