TW "match" w/26M gp difference?

2Next

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    The quotes are great and helpful but leave questions.
    TVF wrote: »
    The squad power of participating individuals in each guild should be near the same average power.

What does "squad power" mean in particular, what can we tie that to?
    The strongest possible squads of both participating guilds should be near the same average power.

What does "strongest possible squads" refers to? Just the 5 strongest/ highest GP characters in total or are they sorted by faction or something else? And does this mean you're screwed if your whole guild just focused to bring a single team to the max and decides to leave all other toons as low as possible?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I'm not sure if you're actually asking me or just throwing the questions out there, but like I said earlier they have made references to not giving away too much information to avoid the sandbagging you're worried about. I don't think you will ever find answers to your questions.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gonzolo
    78 posts Member
    However you want to say it, sandbagging works, and shouldn’t. I understand gp isn’t the only thing to match up and shouldn’t be but it should be considered as part of the equation. To face a guild 50m higher than us is blatantly absurd matchmaking.
  • Gonzolo wrote: »
    However you want to say it, sandbagging works, and shouldn’t. I understand gp isn’t the only thing to match up and shouldn’t be but it should be considered as part of the equation. To face a guild 50m higher than us is blatantly absurd matchmaking.
    I’m not disagreeing that matchmaking can lead to very unfair TWs, of course it can, we’ve seen it on here many times.

But if they’re leaving 10-12 players out, what relevance is their total GP?
  • Gonzolo
    78 posts Member
    It’s still relevant because you think they are leaving their strong players behind? If total gp is irrelevant, let’s move to avg gp/player. 1m per player. That’s average, so you leave the weaklings out, it actually increases that average. 1m gp per player advantage is quite a lot, no?
  • Gonzolo wrote: »
    It’s still relevant because you think they are leaving their strong players behind? If total gp is irrelevant, let’s move to avg gp/player. 1m per player. That’s average, so you leave the weaklings out, it actually increases that average. 1m gp per player advantage is quite a lot, no?

Definitely not disputing that. Average GP/player is absolutely a consideration the matchmaking should make.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Kisakee wrote: »
    The squad power of participating individuals in each guild should be near the same average power.

The strongest possible squads of both participating guilds should be near the same average power.

What does "strongest possible squads" refers to? Just the 5 strongest/ highest GP characters in total or are they sorted by faction or something else? And does this mean you're screwed if your whole guild just focused to bring a single team to the max and decides to leave all other toons as low as possible?

Matching is primarily on active GP. This does not automatically mean you will be in same reward bracket, especially if you are close to the boundary. You can also get significant differences in number of people, hence the "sandbagging". Our last one was 49 vs 41/42 (21 toons per tile) with approx total guild GP difference of 20m but I suspect active GP was very close (but didn't bother looking). We lost, for first time in ages, but went to last 15 minutes and down to them finally beating tile after 20+ attempts on last team. Hardly terrible match making even if on face of it big guild GP difference (which is why there is no point looking at it).

It was meant to have been tweaked to take into account meta or similar toons. The difference in number of Trayas in the one posted is therefore more surprising than any total guild GP difference. Maybe Traya is not classed as one of those any more and just newer toons. At our guild level everyone has Traya anyway. They have never stated how this works as far as I am aware and how simple or complex the algorithm is. Anyway, you should not (I don't think) get a match between teams with a load of random toon collectors vs people who have been focussed. This probably really applies more in the low to mid tiers. Whether it works in practice I don't know, again, the difference in Trayas is a bit of a surprise.
  • thomssi wrote: »
    Kisakee wrote: »

Matching is primarily on active GP. This does not automatically mean you will be in same reward bracket, especially if you are close to the boundary. You can also get significant differences in number of people, hence the "sandbagging". Our last one was 49 vs 41/42 (21 toons per tile) with approx total guild GP difference of 20m but I suspect active GP was very close (but didn't bother looking). We lost, for first time in ages, but went to last 15 minutes and down to them finally beating tile after 20+ attempts on last team. Hardly terrible match making even if on face of it big guild GP difference (which is why there is no point looking at it).

It was meant to have been tweaked to take into account meta or similar toons. The difference in number of Trayas in the one posted is therefore more surprising than any total guild GP difference. Maybe Traya is not classed as one of those any more and just newer toons. At our guild level everyone has Traya anyway. They have never stated how this works as far as I am aware and how simple or complex the algorithm is. Anyway, you should not (I don't think) get a match between teams with a load of random toon collectors vs people who have been focussed. This probably really applies more in the low to mid tiers. Whether it works in practice I don't know, again, the difference in Trayas is a bit of a surprise.

He is right. Active (registered) gp is how matchmaking works devs stated so and it has been tested.

120m gp is the traya barrier. if u have 120m gp+ u should all have trayas and get max zetas if you win.
  • Yeah our guild is currently facing another guild that is 33 million GP higher than us. https://prnt.sc/ny0ooq
    I hope they fix this where it is a little more even.
  • Yeah our guild is currently facing another guild that is 33 million GP higher than us. https://prnt.sc/ny0ooq
    As ever, how many teams per zone? They won’t all have signed up.

They have the zones filled. With all 12 geared Revans team can't even breach there first post we had our high level teams in the first two and they destroyed them already within 2 or 3 hours, not sure if all of them are playing but I would imagine most of them are and or all of there power members are. Either way it needs to be reworked where it's not a 33 million difference between two guilds. I can see 500k-2m but 33m??

They have the zones filled. With all 12 geared Revans team can't even breach there first post we had our high level teams in the first two and they destroyed them already within 2 or 3 hours, not sure if all of them are playing but I would imagine most of them are and or all of there power members are. Either way it needs to be reworked where it's not a 33 million difference between two guilds. I can see 500k-2m but 33m??
    I’ll try again...

How many teams per zone? You don’t need to be unsure about them all playing. Number of teams per zone should make it clear.