All a "guild qualification requirement" will do is hurt smaller guilds

Replies

• Well, i hate to be that guy, but this won’t change anything. There was more backlash for the finn rework cause of the c3po interaction, and that changed nothing. There is probably a reason why they have set the 80 mil gp to play. Either from getting the first star is going to be hard or stuff like that. And whilst you do make some good points(mainly about money being spent and still being in the wrong guild comment), taking offence to someone saying your guild isn’t serious wasn’t a good move, as it just shows how desperate you are. From your standpoint, you guild is serious, but from someone in a serious guild, by community standards, you guild is there for either newer players or players who can’t always get 600, stuff like that. most, if not all serious guilds have done all heroic raids multiple times, get over 40 stars in the other tw, win most if not all tb and have a guild gp of over 100 million, even then, that might be dulling it down significantly.

Unsure if this will help or hinder, but it does give you a goal. As many people have now stated, getting some rewards from hoth is better than no rewards from geo. and if your guild wants to try it, as you said you did with tank, just get your guild gp up to 80 million and find players who are serious. I am completely f2p, and i still help in some ways. Either by filling up platoons with characters i haven’t geared up yet or stuff like that. In my guild we have one whale. With planning and everything, it is easy to keep up.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    The OP deserves some type of politeness award.

Unheard of in this place.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Well, i hate to be that guy, but this won’t change anything. There was more backlash for the finn rework cause of the c3po interaction, and that changed nothing.

The previous incident I was put more in mind of was Malak and the requirements for that.

It's amazing how many people were outraged over those requirements when they fell foul of them. Yet here is another requirement which doesn't effect them ... and those same people are arguing that the requirements are a good thing?

I wonder how many people in this thread who have the opposite view to me would have accepted it if they'd been told that the Malak requirements were a good thing because it would otherwise have been too hard for them and if they were a serious player they'd have the requirements anyway so go back to getting CLS which is better to have some rewards than try this one and get none ... etc, etc, etc.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    The OP deserves some type of politeness award.

Unheard of in this place.

One does one's best. :smile:
  • Hortus
    623 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Then expand and get to know some strangers, the content here is tuned for 50 member guilds. You might not reach the Geo TB right away but you should get there pretty soon and you might make new friends in the process. There's no point in limiting your guild to 20 members.

Please read again what i'm saying and try to understand. We are not limiting anything. We just not expanding aggressively, and it worked fine so far for years. But now devs suddenly decide to put some strange requirement on new content which cut us off in hard way. And no, we won't "get there pretty soon" because players will just prefer to join guilds who already has all content open. Make an alt, get him into smaller guild, and then you will at least be able to see the problem from inside.

And I already stated in my very first post in this thread that tuning content only for large groups is a bad thing, devs of successful games understand this eventually and tune it up for smaller groups. As we already have tiered progression, there is just no point to put some artificial requirements.

evoluza wrote: »
    YOU miss the point of this requirements completey!
    As I say above, no 80mil GP, means probably no star and no rewards.
    You want that for lower guild's?
    Not capping and low guild's miss on any rewards, because they can't achieve One star... Please stop that nonsense

My actual point isn't about the cap by itself. It's about that designing the new PvE content only for 50-man, without addressing smaller guilds is a very bad thing. If, for example, 30 man with 2M GP each can't earn a single star in the new TB - it's just a bad design.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »

I wonder how many people in this thread who have the opposite view to me would have accepted it if they'd been told that the Malak requirements were a good thing because it would otherwise have been too hard for them and if they were a serious player they'd have the requirements anyway so go back to getting CLS which is better to have some rewards than try this one and get none ... etc, etc, etc.

I personally think that the malak requirements were a good thing.
    No matter what they do, people will complain. If they didn't have the 17.5k GP / 80m GP requirements, people would complain it's too hard, if they do have the requirement, people will complain they should have atleast gotten the chance to participate. Have you read the complaints of any given event in regards to the "recommended gear/zeta lvl"? That about says it all imo.
    As for the topic of the thread, it remains to be seen if it's a good call by ea/cg. If 80/85m GP guilds enjoy and get better rewards from hoth than from geo, it's better to just protect those sub 80m GP guilds from themselves and save them the dissappointment.
    I'm relatively sure that quite a few guilds were wasting rewards by doing t6 STR instead of t5, so it's not like guildleaders/officers always make the best choices for their guilds. Not trying to be a di..., but i'd reckon not making the best choices is more common for the sub 80m GP/casual guilds.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    leef wrote: »
    If 80/85m GP guilds enjoy and get better rewards from hoth than from geo, it's better to just protect those sub 80m GP guilds from themselves and save them the dissappointment.

You don't think a better solution would simply been to have had an in game notice saying:
    "This Territory Battle is very hard and intended for Guilds of 80,000,000+ GP. If you have lower than that you may proceed but may find it too difficult for you."
    And that way left it up to players to decide for themselves what they wanted to do? Not every 79.9 million GP guild is going to need "protecting from themselves". Or 79.8 million GP guilds. Or 79.7 million ... etc.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If 80/85m GP guilds enjoy and get better rewards from hoth than from geo, it's better to just protect those sub 80m GP guilds from themselves and save them the dissappointment.

You don't think a better solution would simply been to have had an in game notice saying:
    "This Territory Battle is very hard and intended for Guilds of 80,000,000+ GP. If you have lower than that you may proceed but may find it too difficult for you."
    And that way left it up to players to decide for themselves what they wanted to do? Not every 79.9 million GP guild is going to need "protecting from themselves". Or 79.8 million GP guilds. Or 79.7 million ... etc.
    wel..
    Have you read the complaints of any given event in regards to the "recommended gear/zeta lvl"? That about says it all imo.

Honestly though, complaining about this seems a bit like complaining that a restaurant doesn't have horrible food on the menu eventhough no one wants to order horrible food by mistake.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member

wel..
    Have you read the complaints of any given event in regards to the "recommended gear/zeta lvl"? That about says it all imo.

Honestly though, complaining about this seems a bit like complaining that a restaurant doesn't have horrible food on the menu eventhough no one wants to order horrible food by mistake.

I look forward to seeing you use that argument the next time a GP requirement (player, character or guild) is introduced that you fall foul of.
    Tell me, did you have the requirements to get Malak when he first came out?
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Hortus wrote: »

It's not like 80M is some steep requirement, our casual (but old) guild has almost double that.

Your are missing the point. Of course those guilds who already met requirements won't be hurt. But those who don't - will be, and badly. For example, my current guild will need to recruit almost 20 people with average GP higher than our current average. It's just impossible because there is no point for such people to join us - we are complete strangers to them AND we can't do actual PvE content. Even the fact that we are extremely successful for our size (won all our TW, started to clear heroic raids faster than other guilds of our size and age, etc) will change nothing - now we just cut off from the future game.

Not capping and low guild's miss on any rewards, because they can't achieve One star... Please stop that nonsense

So my guild with slightly under 80 million but with 3 players over 3 million and a dozen more over 1 million won't get any stars or rewards? OK. But where's the harm in letting us try?

If you've read my OP you'd have seen me comparing this to the Heroic Tank. We couldn't complete it at first but we could at least try. We'd fail, get back up and try again. Why aren't we allowed to do that with Geonosis? There's no good reason to not at least let players TRY.

And as for your comment of "please stop that nonsense" ...
    It's not nonsense to want to try, so there's no nonsense to stop.

There is a frustration level for some that try and can't do it. They wanna leave the frustration out and don't even let you try

So what you're saying is that "because of the bad behaviour of some, we can't have nice things"? Wasn't that an argument in favour of alcohol prohibition? *lol* j/k

But seriously, people get frustrated at this game all the time and if this new TB is intended for "end game content" then a lot of people are going to be getting frustrated with it anyway. I don't see that as a valid argument to stop other people from trying.
  • Atarius
    86 posts Member
    Requirements (restrictions) are mostly needed to give some sort of progession, see Tiers in Raid. BUT pure locking out (you can not do it!) of a new TB is just wrong. Let us launch it in "Softmode" with lesser reward (similar to raids) but not at all is NOT OK. It is not like Malak (just one char), its a whole guild thing!

• Soo basically I and my guild will not be able to play new content. I myself are strong. But a lot of members in my guild are weak. Or they are new players. This is the most stupid thing they ever done. Why not let us to earn at least one star. Everyone should be able to play. I'am bored of Hoth. I do not want even to play Hoth any more.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Atarius wrote: »
    Requirements (restrictions) are mostly needed to give some sort of progession, see Tiers in Raid. BUT pure locking out (you can not do it!) of a new TB is just wrong. Let us launch it in "Softmode" with lesser reward (similar to raids) but not at all is NOT OK. It is not like Malak (just one char), its a whole guild thing!

Yes, it's worse than Malak.

Malak was just about one player. This affects up to 50. And suddenly, the players who do have 1.6 million or more are going to be annoyed if their guild can't compete and that could easily turn into resentment to the lower GPed members. This is a bad move; it punishes strong players just because they're not in a guild with others of equal strength.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member

It's not like 80M is some steep requirement, our casual (but old) guild has almost double that.

Your are missing the point. Of course those guilds who already met requirements won't be hurt. But those who don't - will be, and badly. For example, my current guild will need to recruit almost 20 people with average GP higher than our current average. It's just impossible because there is no point for such people to join us - we are complete strangers to them AND we can't do actual PvE content. Even the fact that we are extremely successful for our size (won all our TW, started to clear heroic raids faster than other guilds of our size and age, etc) will change nothing - now we just cut off from the future game.

So my guild with slightly under 80 million but with 3 players over 3 million and a dozen more over 1 million won't get any stars or rewards? OK. But where's the harm in letting us try?

If you've read my OP you'd have seen me comparing this to the Heroic Tank. We couldn't complete it at first but we could at least try. We'd fail, get back up and try again. Why aren't we allowed to do that with Geonosis? There's no good reason to not at least let players TRY.

There is a frustration level for some that try and can't do it. They wanna leave the frustration out and don't even let you try

So what you're saying is that "because of the bad behaviour of some, we can't have nice things"? Wasn't that an argument in favour of alcohol prohibition? *lol* j/k

But seriously, people get frustrated at this game all the time and if this new TB is intended for "end game content" then a lot of people are going to be getting frustrated with it anyway. I don't see that as a valid argument to stop other people from trying.

No... If you under 80 mil you probably can't get one star and this means no rewards.
    Then people go in rage on forum and ask why there is no warning that the get no rewards when they get zero stars or why is tb so hard. They avoid that by capping it

As I have already said; allow everyone to try but make it obvious that it is intended to be very, very hard and most guilds under 80 million might not get anything. Allow them to still try, though.

I would rather try Genosis and get no reward than not be allowed to try at all.

All that they've done now is frustrate EVERYONE below 80 million instead of just those who would get annoyed at not being strong enough.

Look at the Raids. There's a reason they have low level Tiers and high end Tiers and the best gear is only available at the top. Why not allow everyone to participate but you only get the best gear with a dozen stars or more? Or any one of a dozen better options than the one they've chosen of just not letting players actually play.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member

No... If you under 80 mil you probably can't get one star and this means no rewards.
    Then people go in rage on forum and ask why there is no warning that the get no rewards when they get zero stars or why is tb so hard. They avoid that by capping it

As I have already said; allow everyone to try but make it obvious that it is intended to be very, very hard and most guilds under 80 million might not get anything. Allow them to still try, though.

I would rather try Genosis and get no reward than not be allowed to try at all.

All that they've done now is frustrate EVERYONE below 80 million instead of just those who would get annoyed at not being strong enough.

Look at the Raids. There's a reason they have low level Tiers and high end Tiers and the best gear is only available at the top. Why not allow everyone to participate but you only get the best gear with a dozen stars or more? Or any one of a dozen better options than the one they've chosen of just not letting players actually play.

Idon't believe you. Launching sep TB, wasting 4days where could have done Hoth tb and getting no rewards, is something nobody wants.
    Your bad behavior is costing others rewards, if we wanna put it that way.

Well thank you for telling me that some people don't want ever to try. There are so many ways that makes you loo bad, do you know that?
    Anyway, shall we return to a more civilised level of debate rather than just dismissing each other's view points with "don't believe you"?
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    I don't think that it is a fine move from CG to treat us adults like 5-year-old children :wink:

Learning in life means to try and fail, and to learn from your mistakes. If you always have some weird "god" floating around you and yelling something like "don't do this!" or "you can't do that!" you will never know IF you are able to do it or not.

If a bunch of adults in one guild decide to try this TB they have to accept the "no rewards"-possibility, like it is with any heroic raid. If you try this for the first time, and fail, you wasted also a few days of raid rewardings. Don't see any difference here.
  • You're essentially asking them to halt progression of the game because smaller guilds are unable to participate in something that would most likely only slow them down in the first place. We havent seen the rewards yet, but surely CG has their reasons for an 80mil requirement.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    So a guild needs 80 million GP to participate in the Geonosis Territory Battle.

This is claimed to be to give the smaller guilds something to aim for. But it won't work like that.
    You honestly think that if a guild is on 70 million, all the members will happily sit there and think to themselves "oh, we have something to strive for"? And not "oh, I need to find another guild"?
    They then leave making it even harder for the remaining players to qualify. Suddenly the guild drops to 65 million and more players start wondering about whether they'd be better in another guild.

All that happens is that smaller guilds are punished.

But there's no need for that.

It's claimed that the participation requirement is to give smaller guilds something to aim for but excluding players doesn't achieve that. Before my current guild could defeat the Heroic Tank, we had something to aim for but we could still TRY. We could start the Heroic Tank every so often, see how well we would, and then go back to the normal Tank for a few more weeks. And now we have reached the point where we kill the Tank in less than 2 hours.
    But all those failed attempts weren't wasted. They didn't put us off. Nobody thought "I can't access this game content because I've thrown my lot in with this guild so I better now leave". We tried, we failed, we picked ourselves up, we tried again.

Why not allow us to try the Geonosis Territory War and fail? What's wrong with that?
    That would be far more encouraging as it would at least show guilds what they are missing, where they are failing and show people what is needed. But by not allowing that, it remains a closed door. It's like saying to people that you can't even watch the Olympics if you didn't qualify.

I agree that the requirement isn't necessary. You can launch a HSTR any time you have the coins for it. That never was a problem in and of itself. You can test the content and see your readiness or simply enjoy the experience at the expense of guild coins put into it...and in this case foregoing another TB you can do.

The requirement is CG trying to make it foolproof for those who shouldn't get anything out of it anyway just to avoid complaints when that is the outcome.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

wel..

I look forward to seeing you use that argument the next time a GP requirement (player, character or guild) is introduced that you fall foul of.

You can try to make me seem biased all you want, but that doesn't change my opinion. Especially not in regards to this TB. For all we know a 79m GP guild would get significantly less rewards from geo TB than they get from hoth TB, and a very dissapointing experience to boot. Whether 80m GP is the right cutoff point remains to be seen, but i do support their choice of restricting access.
    Giving players access to content they don't have a snowballs chance in hell to clear isn't necessarily a good thing, no matter what your bias may or may not be.
    (i'm in a 200m GP guild and i didn't need to gear a single character to get ready for malak)
  • So, as much as I am not a fan of GP requirements (since GP doesn’t actually signify as much as it should), I kind of see this as the lesser of two evils. The devs want TB to progress from Hoth to geo. The gate that makes the most sense would be to require you to have achieved max stars (or “completed”) the Hoth TB maps. That’s a lot more restrictive than 80GP, and would’ve caused a much bigger shake up of guilds. So they set the bar lower. Some say there shouldn’t be a bar, which is a valid opinion, but for better or worse the makers of the game decided there is one. Of the likely bars to have, this is probably the easiest to handle.
    As a side note, I think from a gear standpoint a more useful metric would have been HSTR completion (since anyone who hasn’t completed it won’t be able to finish G12 anyway).
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

wel..

You can try to make me seem biased all you want, but that doesn't change my opinion. Especially not in regards to this TB. For all we know a 79m GP guild would get significantly less rewards from geo TB than they get from hoth TB, and a very dissapointing experience to boot. Whether 80m GP is the right cutoff point remains to be seen, but i do support their choice of restricting access.
    Giving players access to content they don't have a snowballs chance in hell to clear isn't necessarily a good thing, no matter what your bias may or may not be.
    (i'm in a 200m GP guild and i didn't need to gear a single character to get ready for malak)

The same applied to all raids and it was fine. Everyone was able to gauge their power and stay whichever tier they wanted to. Why should it be a problem just letting folks see what's up with the new content this time? CG just needs to put a strong ingame textual emphasis on what's the very bottom cutline and that's it. Like the warning for less than full teams and such.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

wel..

The same applied to all raids and it was fine. Everyone was able to gauge their power and stay whichever tier they wanted to. Why should it be a problem just letting folks see what's up with the new content this time? CG just needs to put a strong ingame textual emphasis on what's the very bottom cutline and that's it. Like the warning for less than full teams and such.

I honestly don't see the problem with restricting access to content if it has a negative effect on the guild. The only downside is that players don't get to see what's up right away or test it out. Why is that such a big problem? especially compared to playing a TB that is way too hard and leads to less rewards while you could have been playing a TB that isn't way too hard and gives better rewards.
    I"m sure there are quite a few guilds which have wasted their raid tickets on t6 raids. While an arbitrary GP restriction probably doesn't work for raid tiers, i can definately see it work for TB.
  • Atarius
    86 posts Member
    The locked Players out of the new content! It is not a single char more or less! No, a complete new content can not be done, if you are not in a 80Mio+ Guild. And there are a lot of small guilds (group of friends) who are now out of business and have to join big guilds. That's why in modern game development is the new key "scalable Content"
  • All I'm going to say is, while I'm not the 4k a month whale that cg wants I do spend a couple of hundred a month. By telling me that I have to choose to NOT play with my friends in a game I PAY FOR, cg, u have just created another f2p player. That's what's truly wrong here. I LOVE my guildmates, and while we arent far from 80 mm gp, we r a top heavy guild with newer recruits whom we enjoy mentoring, so dont tell me we wont get ANY stars and if we dont well it's our choice isnt it? Guess not...