Stun guns

Prev1
DarthMarr
294 posts Member
Need stun guns, stun guns, stun guns and more stun guns!!!!!
Right now I have 18 charters who needs it, some of them needs more then one for one gear level and after leveling will need more freaking stun guns.
The drop rate of the item is spectacularly LOW, and even is the shops they don't show up too often.
I hope the new championship thing will address the f issue of some of the highly required gear parts.

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Drop rate is the same as other purple gear.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • EnderGamer87
    633 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Farm 5-E normal fleet battles, the Stun Guns drop like crazy, also farm Holdo and Wicket if you want even more since Stun Guns are on their hard nodes as well.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I agree, it's bad. 20%. I've been farming the new gear and it's the same problem, except worse because you can't buy them in the guild event store or shard shop.

It's a gate. That's how this game works. You manage your resources, or you pay. Have to deal with it, because it's not changing.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Only 18?
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Only 18?

I have twice as much.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Of course that's about managing it. We all have to do it, unless we're willing to pay money. Which is the point of the game, from their perspective, to get us to spend money. That's the reason some gear is hard to get and needed by so many toons.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    DarthMarr wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Only 18?

18 because the others who needs it is lvl1 gear 0.
    TVF wrote: »
    I agree, it's bad. 20%. I've been farming the new gear and it's the same problem, except worse because you can't buy them in the guild event store or shard shop.

It's a gate. That's how this game works. You manage your resources, or you pay. Have to deal with it, because it's not changing.

The new gear is not needed for so much toons ... yet.
    But when you stuck on gear lvl 7 or 8 because so many needs the same rare item its not about managing it, I'm managing it well, developers has to add more way to come buy those items since the charters are more and more

You’re not supposed to be able to upgrade all of those characters quickly. You choose a character, complete them, move on to another, and with proper patience, time is irrelevant.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I can't be bothered to count again (40 or so) but this was like four months ago, so I'm sure it's much worse now:

ljue6xtcm8hy.gif
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Looks like my Carbanti backlog! 46 toons, many of whom need 2+ Carbantis, one of which is often a stungun. :D
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I am listening to this song while watching that stun gun gif and it's mesmerizing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7eq4RFf0Sc
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Start spending guild event tokens. They show up in there all the time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Right now I have 18 charters who needs it, some of them needs more then one for one gear level and after leveling will need more freaking stun guns.
    The drop rate of the item is spectacularly LOW, and even is the shops they don't show up too often.
    I hope the new championship thing will address the f issue of some of the highly required gear parts.

I got 250 lmao. Just be smart and save shard shop and GET tokens instead of wasting them on shards. It's not an issue you just arent good / smart at farming
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    I can't be bothered to count again (40 or so) but this was like four months ago, so I'm sure it's much worse now:
    But how many of those forty do you actually care about?
    Still not a he.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

I see shore trooper, GK, Old Ben, FOSFTP, Mission, MT, GMY, KRU.

So yeah enough to actually make him viable in HSTR and unlock DR and Malak
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Gold eyeball salvage shortage
    Gold eyes are cheap! 375 crystals for 25 is nothing.

I've been using my energy to farm shards (currently Jolee, Juhani, Droideka, and Fallen Bastila) and tokens to farm gear for flagged characters. I still have a shotgun approach when it comes to non-flagged characters--which is to say that if I see a green cross on a non-flagged character I'll throw the gear on them, but otherwise I'm targeting specific characters. It's worked remarkably well!

There's no gear crunch, just a resource crunch, but since you need a lot of little things here and there you can get a lot of progress very fast.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

Yeah I've g12ed many of the premium guys buy now, but Id like to finish off FO and some Rebels and some Scoundrels etc.

I think, especially g13 coming, they need to move the gear gate up to g10 and make stun guns more available.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Yeah I've g12ed many of the premium guys buy now, but Id like to finish off FO and some Rebels and some Scoundrels etc.

I made it my goal to g12 every Resistance character and did that! At least until C-3P0 came out... Anyway, I'm happy to say I'm probably the only person with a g12 Rose, and almost definitely the only one who doesn't pay to gear stuff up :)

With an open-ended game like this, you have to set your own goals or else you'll go nuts. It's like Stardew Valley but with laser swords.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    @tvf curse you can't get that song out of my head now!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

I got 250 lmao. Just be smart and save shard shop and GET tokens instead of wasting them on shards. It's not an issue you just arent good / smart at farming

In GET I buy only gold parts which is much more rare, since I'm not In a HSTR guild, and slowly farming Wampa then Hermit Yoda.
    If the only resource whit which j can buy those to charters I spend on an otherwise elsewhere farmable stungun then I will never finish those two I'm this lifetime

stick with this. You're doing it it right. Although I'd personally suggest that you focus on either yoda or the wampa, finish them, then finish the other, then do gear. But, hey, it's your game and it's your roster, so you do you!
  • DarthMarr wrote: »
    Cuffs I see in GS each refresh. Stun guns maybe 1 time a week

Stun guns aren’t in the guild store. Maybe that’s why you don’t see them there very often.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Looks like my Carbanti backlog! 46 toons, many of whom need 2+ Carbantis, one of which is often a stungun. :D

This is the exact reason I haven’t taken my 5s above g9. He needs 200 carb salvage to go from g9 to g10. I really should, I use him in fleet arena but man. That’s a lot of carbs to drop.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    @tvf curse you can't get that song out of my head now!

@VonZant sounds like you just need to get your move on.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

This is the exact reason I haven’t taken my 5s above g9. He needs 200 carb salvage to go from g9 to g10. I really should, I use him in fleet arena but man. That’s a lot of carbs to drop.
    Try gearing Scariff Rebel Pathfinder or General Kenobi sometime! :D
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    You’re not supposed to be able to upgrade all of those characters quickly. You choose a character, complete them, move on to another, and with proper patience, time is irrelevant.
    udg0yw1u5r2w.jpg
    1dtaf5lywheq.jpg
    It is just 18 becouse I'm focused as much as I can.
    I know I can't gear every random toon, and I also know that CG(EA) wants us to pay for them. But they can add in more place or more frequently in shops, stun
    Cuffs I see in GS each refresh. Stun guns maybe 1 time a week

They show up in stores, especially Guild Events, quite a bit. Truth is, there probably aren’t enough. But they are manageable, although paying is helpful.
  • Loky
    41 posts Member
    I have 83 toons gear blocked by stunguns.....