Stun guns

2Next

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Balz have taken over cuffz. It's whole another bal.l game now.

m27w0hwp6qkm.png
    4taco9hqr6pk.png
  • Oof

hwkntezgijlh.png
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    One day everyone still talking about Guns will wake up to the big Bal.lz reality.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    No, because gold balls have a lower opportunity cost.

That might change depending on the state of the new currency and if they aren't going to add toons to the current GE store, however.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

That might change depending on the state of the new currency and if they aren't going to add toons to the current GE store, however.

Not sure what you mean by opportunity cost. They are also made of 2 pieces where one piece come from challenges (it takes 10 more of that piece to complete a set), the other piece is not too expensive when bought with crystals, is that it?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    In either case, you also have to factor in the total amount needed. In my case that became 1.1 bal.ls needed for every stun gun I need on average.

There's the yellow stun gun we can simply cancel since it takes both of the bottleneck gear. And there are some gear which doesn't call for the full gear but pieces of one of them which complicates the total amounts of them needed. The bare picture is like above (for me) though.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

Not sure what you mean by opportunity cost. They are also made of 2 pieces where one piece come from challenges (it takes 10 more of that piece to complete a set), the other piece is not too expensive when bought with crystals, is that it?

Yeah, that's it for me. Stun Guns are harder than eyeballs because eyeball salvage is ONLY for that. While the sensor array component for the stun gun is needed also for pineapples and, for a lot of characters, just by itself. Don't sleep on the little green bit, either, you need those for a lot of gear and can easily find yourself out if you aren't paying attention. They're not hard to farm, of course, but it's a whole thing.

On top of that, you start needing stun guns at gear 7 sometimes and often need one (or more) per level after that, while eyeballs don't pop up until about gear 9.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Both guns and eyeballs (ignore the challenge part, which are roughly analogous to carbs) are available in the shard shop and farming from nodes, so throw that out for the moment. We're left with crystals, where eyeballs are much cheaper, and then guild shop (eyeballs) vs guild event store (guns). Guild event currency is much more valuable.

Opportunity cost is what you could have bought if you hadn't bought something else. With the same amount of crystals, you can buy guns, or eyeballs plus something else. Similarly, what you can buy with GEC instead of guns (Malak shards or G12 gear, for instance) is better than what you can buy with guild currency instead of eyeballs (stun cuffs, carbs, bacta, droid callers, etc).

Again, this may all change with the new store.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    While the sensor array component for the stun gun is needed also for pineapples

What.
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    I'm close to 50/50. Need 119 stun guns (58 for current gear levels) and 116 eye balls (17 for current gear levels).
  • I reckon if you search "swgoh forums stun guns" your computer will crash with the amount of results
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited June 2019

Both guns and eyeballs (ignore the challenge part, which are roughly analogous to carbs) are available in the shard shop and farming from nodes, so throw that out for the moment. We're left with crystals, where eyeballs are much cheaper, and then guild shop (eyeballs) vs guild event store (guns). Guild event currency is much more valuable.

Opportunity cost is what you could have bought if you hadn't bought something else. With the same amount of crystals, you can buy guns, or eyeballs plus something else. Similarly, what you can buy with GEC instead of guns (Malak shards or G12 gear, for instance) is better than what you can buy with guild currency instead of eyeballs (stun cuffs, carbs, bacta, droid callers, etc).

Let's put in context that -much cheaper-

Both part of guns cost 1400 crystals and you can buy a full one for 2400

One side of bal.lz cost 750. The other one is not on sale by itself, how much was it in piece packages -I'm guessing 1400 cry for 50? The full one costs 2000 crystals.
    Post edited by No_Try on
  • X3ina
    108 posts Member
    There was a time, when i laughed at people that said that they need eyeballs. Since last 6 months im one of them and its definitely worse than the stunguns problem)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

One side of bal.lz cost 750. The other one is not on sale by itself, how much was it in piece packages -I'm guessing 1400 cry for 50? The full one costs 2000 crystals.

Without really caring about the math (I'm lazy), you're making a crystal-only argument now.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

If you're moving the goalposts to "crystal purchases only" then whatever, do that.

Lol? I'm not moving it anywhere. You unravel the full picture then.

I'm definitely buying these things by saving crystals while also grabbing them from all the other sources too. Because the shops simply doesn't do it enough for me anymore. And as I've shown in my first post how much more I have left in need vs the full amount of them (from a just created account) are not in correlation.

All I'm saying is the general perception still revolves around stun guns are the main bottleneck in the game while bal.ls are as much of a bottleneck for mature accounts.

I used my saved up GEC on gear when the game was stale...that depleted most of supplies only for the game to take another turn and put new important stuff there, that was a really bad decision on my part looking back. Going from here I will never acquire low gear from there, only shards and maybe some g12+ pieces when in hurry.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    You know you can say balls right?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    You know you can say balls right?

I most definitely didn't, I was just playing it safe. BALLS BALLS BALLS...wheeee :D.