Do you want to run both Geo and Hoth TB at the same time or pick to play one?

I think that the community should decide what they want this TB experience to be like.

Do you want to run both Geo and Hoth TB at the same time or pick to play one? 83 votes

Play both at the same time
85%
Nikoms565WaquiCCyrilSjedikilla84darksrevanLrrrShawDouStartomstoValarielMastersRisingRottweiler666Dar_PentharpanetoneTmanChucko_mareklladdirGifafiTheDude420BlauwCallen1134 71 votes
Pick only one
14%
StarSonSnake2leefBulldog1205RandomSithLordBlackbeardpepeAntiFunnJ0HND03obikenobi1DuneFlintKisakeeDarthKoon 12 votes

Replies

  • Gifafi
    1374 posts Member
    Play both at the same time
    not sure if serious, but
  • NasRegal
    96 posts Member
    Play both at the same time
    I like the idea to keep playing both.
    As they're a different length, you should finish Geo before you really need to start doing combats and deploying for Hoth.
    We don't need to do much for max stars on Hoth until the last 2 territory, by then, Geonosis is done and not a distraction.
  • Play both at the same time
    Gifafi wrote: »
    not sure if serious, but

    I am. Not like a simple poll will change anything, but it will show a majority of the community support doing both.
  • Play both at the same time
    NasRegal wrote: »
    I like the idea to keep playing both.
    As they're a different length, you should finish Geo before you really need to start doing combats and deploying for Hoth.
    We don't need to do much for max stars on Hoth until the last 2 territory, by then, Geonosis is done and not a distraction.

    Exactly the point. Most of us auto days 1-4 on TB anyway. So making us choose is like taking rewards away.
  • leef
    12603 posts Member
    Pick only one
    solely depends on the rewards. If we get double the rewards i'd prefer to play them both at the same time, but since that's highly, and i can't stress that enough, highly unlikely that they would just hand out double the rewards i prefer to just play 1 at the time.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Play both at the same time
    leef wrote: »
    solely depends on the rewards. If we get double the rewards i'd prefer to play them both at the same time, but since that's highly, and i can't stress that enough, highly unlikely that they would just hand out double the rewards i prefer to just play 1 at the time.

    Are they nerfing the rewards for it now?
  • Liath
    4171 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    not sure if serious, but

    I am. Not like a simple poll will change anything, but it will show a majority of the community support doing both.

    It will at best show a majority of people active on the forum support doing both. That's not terribly surprising since the people who want to spend more time in the game are likely to be the same people willing to spend time on the forum. But there are a lot of other people who don't want to feel like they have to spend more time on the game, and probably aren't on the forum.
    leef wrote: »
    solely depends on the rewards. If we get double the rewards i'd prefer to play them both at the same time, but since that's highly, and i can't stress that enough, highly unlikely that they would just hand out double the rewards i prefer to just play 1 at the time.

    Are they nerfing the rewards for it now?

    No, because you have to pick. If they allowed you to do both they would most likely nerf the rewards, just like they did when they increased the number of GAs because people said they wanted it to run more often.
  • Chucko_marek
    2788 posts Member
    edited June 6
    Play both at the same time
    Liath wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    not sure if serious, but

    I am. Not like a simple poll will change anything, but it will show a majority of the community support doing both.

    It will at best show a majority of people active on the forum support doing both. That's not terribly surprising since the people who want to spend more time in the game are likely to be the same people willing to spend time on the forum. But there are a lot of other people who don't want to feel like they have to spend more time on the game, and probably aren't on the forum.
    leef wrote: »
    solely depends on the rewards. If we get double the rewards i'd prefer to play them both at the same time, but since that's highly, and i can't stress that enough, highly unlikely that they would just hand out double the rewards i prefer to just play 1 at the time.

    Are they nerfing the rewards for it now?

    No, because you have to pick. If they allowed you to do both they would most likely nerf the rewards, just like they did when they increased the number of GAs because people said they wanted it to run more often.

    So, basically like any other poll out there. But I will say this for those who don't want to play both at the same time, they can choose to sit a TB out. Just because they don't want to participate, shouldn't mean that the players who do want to play both at the same time should get punish for it.
    Just because they allow us to play both at the same time, or move geo TB to a week during TW (gasp) doesn't mean they will nerf the rewards.
  • Liath
    4171 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    not sure if serious, but

    I am. Not like a simple poll will change anything, but it will show a majority of the community support doing both.

    It will at best show a majority of people active on the forum support doing both. That's not terribly surprising since the people who want to spend more time in the game are likely to be the same people willing to spend time on the forum. But there are a lot of other people who don't want to feel like they have to spend more time on the game, and probably aren't on the forum.
    leef wrote: »
    solely depends on the rewards. If we get double the rewards i'd prefer to play them both at the same time, but since that's highly, and i can't stress that enough, highly unlikely that they would just hand out double the rewards i prefer to just play 1 at the time.

    Are they nerfing the rewards for it now?

    No, because you have to pick. If they allowed you to do both they would most likely nerf the rewards, just like they did when they increased the number of GAs because people said they wanted it to run more often.

    So, basically like any other poll out there. But I will say this for those who don't want to play both at the same time, they can choose to sit a TB out. Just because they don't want to participate, shouldn't mean that the players who do want to play both at the same time should get punish for it.
    Just because they allow us to play both at the same time, or move geo TB to a week during TW (gasp) doesn't mean they will nerf the rewards.

    Sure, I mean, this is always the argument made by anybody who wants more content. But the devs have repeatedly stated that they are concerned about the people who would feel obligated to do the content but not be happy about it and be driven away. People seem very dismissive of that concern but I think it's a reasonable one even though I am not personally in that boat.

    Sure, it's theoretically possible that they could substantially increase our income by giving us double the amount of TBs with no reduction in rewards, but given all the moves lately to reduce our reward income, I find it rather unlikely.
  • Play both at the same time
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    not sure if serious, but

    I am. Not like a simple poll will change anything, but it will show a majority of the community support doing both.

    It will at best show a majority of people active on the forum support doing both. That's not terribly surprising since the people who want to spend more time in the game are likely to be the same people willing to spend time on the forum. But there are a lot of other people who don't want to feel like they have to spend more time on the game, and probably aren't on the forum.
    leef wrote: »
    solely depends on the rewards. If we get double the rewards i'd prefer to play them both at the same time, but since that's highly, and i can't stress that enough, highly unlikely that they would just hand out double the rewards i prefer to just play 1 at the time.

    Are they nerfing the rewards for it now?

    No, because you have to pick. If they allowed you to do both they would most likely nerf the rewards, just like they did when they increased the number of GAs because people said they wanted it to run more often.

    So, basically like any other poll out there. But I will say this for those who don't want to play both at the same time, they can choose to sit a TB out. Just because they don't want to participate, shouldn't mean that the players who do want to play both at the same time should get punish for it.
    Just because they allow us to play both at the same time, or move geo TB to a week during TW (gasp) doesn't mean they will nerf the rewards.

    Sure, I mean, this is always the argument made by anybody who wants more content. But the devs have repeatedly stated that they are concerned about the people who would feel obligated to do the content but not be happy about it and be driven away. People seem very dismissive of that concern but I think it's a reasonable one even though I am not personally in that boat.

    Sure, it's theoretically possible that they could substantially increase our income by giving us double the amount of TBs with no reduction in rewards, but given all the moves lately to reduce our reward income, I find it rather unlikely.

    That’s a thinly veiled excuse to make an unnecessary bottleneck in the game and further restrict gameplay. What percentage of the total playership has that issue though? Both TB, especially the first 4 days can be finished within 15-20 minutes. It’s not that taxing.
  • Liath
    4171 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    not sure if serious, but

    I am. Not like a simple poll will change anything, but it will show a majority of the community support doing both.

    It will at best show a majority of people active on the forum support doing both. That's not terribly surprising since the people who want to spend more time in the game are likely to be the same people willing to spend time on the forum. But there are a lot of other people who don't want to feel like they have to spend more time on the game, and probably aren't on the forum.
    leef wrote: »
    solely depends on the rewards. If we get double the rewards i'd prefer to play them both at the same time, but since that's highly, and i can't stress that enough, highly unlikely that they would just hand out double the rewards i prefer to just play 1 at the time.

    Are they nerfing the rewards for it now?

    No, because you have to pick. If they allowed you to do both they would most likely nerf the rewards, just like they did when they increased the number of GAs because people said they wanted it to run more often.

    So, basically like any other poll out there. But I will say this for those who don't want to play both at the same time, they can choose to sit a TB out. Just because they don't want to participate, shouldn't mean that the players who do want to play both at the same time should get punish for it.
    Just because they allow us to play both at the same time, or move geo TB to a week during TW (gasp) doesn't mean they will nerf the rewards.

    Sure, I mean, this is always the argument made by anybody who wants more content. But the devs have repeatedly stated that they are concerned about the people who would feel obligated to do the content but not be happy about it and be driven away. People seem very dismissive of that concern but I think it's a reasonable one even though I am not personally in that boat.

    Sure, it's theoretically possible that they could substantially increase our income by giving us double the amount of TBs with no reduction in rewards, but given all the moves lately to reduce our reward income, I find it rather unlikely.

    That’s a thinly veiled excuse to make an unnecessary bottleneck in the game and further restrict gameplay. What percentage of the total playership has that issue though? Both TB, especially the first 4 days can be finished within 15-20 minutes. It’s not that taxing.

    If you want to see it as a thinly veiled excuse then nothing I say is going to convince you otherwise, but the fact is that they don't need an excuse to place bottlenecks in the game. They place them just fine already (and they aren't unnecessary, but that's a whole separate debate). I have no idea what percentage of the player base has this issue. I know a few people in my guild that have expressed that sentiment, and I have seen a lot of posts about it in the past (particularly during the days when Sith was a huge chore), but I have no data. CG may have some data from their random polls or whatever, but I don't know. Regardless, they apparently see it as a concern.
  • Play both at the same time
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    not sure if serious, but

    I am. Not like a simple poll will change anything, but it will show a majority of the community support doing both.

    It will at best show a majority of people active on the forum support doing both. That's not terribly surprising since the people who want to spend more time in the game are likely to be the same people willing to spend time on the forum. But there are a lot of other people who don't want to feel like they have to spend more time on the game, and probably aren't on the forum.
    leef wrote: »
    solely depends on the rewards. If we get double the rewards i'd prefer to play them both at the same time, but since that's highly, and i can't stress that enough, highly unlikely that they would just hand out double the rewards i prefer to just play 1 at the time.

    Are they nerfing the rewards for it now?

    No, because you have to pick. If they allowed you to do both they would most likely nerf the rewards, just like they did when they increased the number of GAs because people said they wanted it to run more often.

    So, basically like any other poll out there. But I will say this for those who don't want to play both at the same time, they can choose to sit a TB out. Just because they don't want to participate, shouldn't mean that the players who do want to play both at the same time should get punish for it.
    Just because they allow us to play both at the same time, or move geo TB to a week during TW (gasp) doesn't mean they will nerf the rewards.

    Sure, I mean, this is always the argument made by anybody who wants more content. But the devs have repeatedly stated that they are concerned about the people who would feel obligated to do the content but not be happy about it and be driven away. People seem very dismissive of that concern but I think it's a reasonable one even though I am not personally in that boat.

    Sure, it's theoretically possible that they could substantially increase our income by giving us double the amount of TBs with no reduction in rewards, but given all the moves lately to reduce our reward income, I find it rather unlikely.

    That’s a thinly veiled excuse to make an unnecessary bottleneck in the game and further restrict gameplay. What percentage of the total playership has that issue though? Both TB, especially the first 4 days can be finished within 15-20 minutes. It’s not that taxing.

    If you want to see it as a thinly veiled excuse then nothing I say is going to convince you otherwise, but the fact is that they don't need an excuse to place bottlenecks in the game. They place them just fine already (and they aren't unnecessary, but that's a whole separate debate). I have no idea what percentage of the player base has this issue. I know a few people in my guild that have expressed that sentiment, and I have seen a lot of posts about it in the past (particularly during the days when Sith was a huge chore), but I have no data. CG may have some data from their random polls or whatever, but I don't know. Regardless, they apparently see it as a concern.

    As with everything else consumed in the game, it should be players choice. This decision is like taking your neighbors car away because you don't like to drive.
  • Liath
    4171 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    not sure if serious, but

    I am. Not like a simple poll will change anything, but it will show a majority of the community support doing both.

    It will at best show a majority of people active on the forum support doing both. That's not terribly surprising since the people who want to spend more time in the game are likely to be the same people willing to spend time on the forum. But there are a lot of other people who don't want to feel like they have to spend more time on the game, and probably aren't on the forum.
    leef wrote: »
    solely depends on the rewards. If we get double the rewards i'd prefer to play them both at the same time, but since that's highly, and i can't stress that enough, highly unlikely that they would just hand out double the rewards i prefer to just play 1 at the time.

    Are they nerfing the rewards for it now?

    No, because you have to pick. If they allowed you to do both they would most likely nerf the rewards, just like they did when they increased the number of GAs because people said they wanted it to run more often.

    So, basically like any other poll out there. But I will say this for those who don't want to play both at the same time, they can choose to sit a TB out. Just because they don't want to participate, shouldn't mean that the players who do want to play both at the same time should get punish for it.
    Just because they allow us to play both at the same time, or move geo TB to a week during TW (gasp) doesn't mean they will nerf the rewards.

    Sure, I mean, this is always the argument made by anybody who wants more content. But the devs have repeatedly stated that they are concerned about the people who would feel obligated to do the content but not be happy about it and be driven away. People seem very dismissive of that concern but I think it's a reasonable one even though I am not personally in that boat.

    Sure, it's theoretically possible that they could substantially increase our income by giving us double the amount of TBs with no reduction in rewards, but given all the moves lately to reduce our reward income, I find it rather unlikely.

    That’s a thinly veiled excuse to make an unnecessary bottleneck in the game and further restrict gameplay. What percentage of the total playership has that issue though? Both TB, especially the first 4 days can be finished within 15-20 minutes. It’s not that taxing.

    If you want to see it as a thinly veiled excuse then nothing I say is going to convince you otherwise, but the fact is that they don't need an excuse to place bottlenecks in the game. They place them just fine already (and they aren't unnecessary, but that's a whole separate debate). I have no idea what percentage of the player base has this issue. I know a few people in my guild that have expressed that sentiment, and I have seen a lot of posts about it in the past (particularly during the days when Sith was a huge chore), but I have no data. CG may have some data from their random polls or whatever, but I don't know. Regardless, they apparently see it as a concern.

    As with everything else consumed in the game, it should be players choice. This decision is like taking your neighbors car away because you don't like to drive.

    You don't like the decision. You want a different decision. You want to be able to choose even if it creates a negative situation for other people. That's all fine. I have no issue with you wanting that. What I have an issue with is people claiming that the devs are lying about their reasoning when they say this is a major concern they are taking into account. The fact that you disagree with their paternalistic decision making here doesn't mean that they aren't making the decision out of an honest belief that such paternalism is best for the game, and calling it a "thinly veiled excuse" suggests that they are lying about the reasons. That's what I disagree with.
  • Snake2
    1364 posts Member
    Pick only one
    Hoth sucks. So tired of playing it. I'd love to never see it again if I can get better rewards from the new one
  • Play both at the same time
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    not sure if serious, but

    I am. Not like a simple poll will change anything, but it will show a majority of the community support doing both.

    It will at best show a majority of people active on the forum support doing both. That's not terribly surprising since the people who want to spend more time in the game are likely to be the same people willing to spend time on the forum. But there are a lot of other people who don't want to feel like they have to spend more time on the game, and probably aren't on the forum.
    leef wrote: »
    solely depends on the rewards. If we get double the rewards i'd prefer to play them both at the same time, but since that's highly, and i can't stress that enough, highly unlikely that they would just hand out double the rewards i prefer to just play 1 at the time.

    Are they nerfing the rewards for it now?

    No, because you have to pick. If they allowed you to do both they would most likely nerf the rewards, just like they did when they increased the number of GAs because people said they wanted it to run more often.

    So, basically like any other poll out there. But I will say this for those who don't want to play both at the same time, they can choose to sit a TB out. Just because they don't want to participate, shouldn't mean that the players who do want to play both at the same time should get punish for it.
    Just because they allow us to play both at the same time, or move geo TB to a week during TW (gasp) doesn't mean they will nerf the rewards.

    Sure, I mean, this is always the argument made by anybody who wants more content. But the devs have repeatedly stated that they are concerned about the people who would feel obligated to do the content but not be happy about it and be driven away. People seem very dismissive of that concern but I think it's a reasonable one even though I am not personally in that boat.

    Sure, it's theoretically possible that they could substantially increase our income by giving us double the amount of TBs with no reduction in rewards, but given all the moves lately to reduce our reward income, I find it rather unlikely.

    That’s a thinly veiled excuse to make an unnecessary bottleneck in the game and further restrict gameplay. What percentage of the total playership has that issue though? Both TB, especially the first 4 days can be finished within 15-20 minutes. It’s not that taxing.

    If you want to see it as a thinly veiled excuse then nothing I say is going to convince you otherwise, but the fact is that they don't need an excuse to place bottlenecks in the game. They place them just fine already (and they aren't unnecessary, but that's a whole separate debate). I have no idea what percentage of the player base has this issue. I know a few people in my guild that have expressed that sentiment, and I have seen a lot of posts about it in the past (particularly during the days when Sith was a huge chore), but I have no data. CG may have some data from their random polls or whatever, but I don't know. Regardless, they apparently see it as a concern.

    As with everything else consumed in the game, it should be players choice. This decision is like taking your neighbors car away because you don't like to drive.

    You don't like the decision. You want a different decision. You want to be able to choose even if it creates a negative situation for other people. That's all fine. I have no issue with you wanting that. What I have an issue with is people claiming that the devs are lying about their reasoning when they say this is a major concern they are taking into account. The fact that you disagree with their paternalistic decision making here doesn't mean that they aren't making the decision out of an honest belief that such paternalism is best for the game, and calling it a "thinly veiled excuse" suggests that they are lying about the reasons. That's what I disagree with.

    It makes sense when they have said they will never take away content, which indirectly they're doing by making us choose. You do come across like a dev yourself. LOL
  • kalidor
    1617 posts Member
    Snake2 wrote: »
    Hoth sucks. So tired of playing it. I'd love to never see it again if I can get better rewards from the new one

    I'll wait to see what the rewards and difficulty is like before voting, but I completely agree with this sentiment. I'm expecting it to be like the T7 Padme event in the final phase, so rewards better be really good even for 20-something stars.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • AntiFunn
    360 posts Member
    Pick only one
    The devs may be slow and unresponsive, but they are finally starting to usher in much needed things for the game. They also clearly said they tested and thought this through so much before deciding on the non-concurrent running for guilds.
  • Play both at the same time
    Both. It's not really fair to lower GP guilds to dip their toes in the water for geonosis, and totally tank if they're not prepared and miss out on much more rewards assuming they do decent in DS TB and depending how the rewards are scaled in geonosis.

    Coupled on top of if they haven't completed probe droid yet AND cutting the shards in half.. seems like a lose lose.

    +another on p1-4 requiring not much effort.
  • CCyrilS
    2558 posts Member
    Play both at the same time
    leef wrote: »
    solely depends on the rewards. If we get double the rewards i'd prefer to play them both at the same time, but since that's highly, and i can't stress that enough, highly unlikely that they would just hand out double the rewards i prefer to just play 1 at the time.

    I hadn't considered whether or not we would get less rewards. Do you imagine they would cut rewards for those choosing both? Seems odd, but I do see your point that they wouldn't likely hand out double. The answer to the poll question would definitely depend on this.
  • Play both at the same time
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    The devs may be slow and unresponsive, but they are finally starting to usher in much needed things for the game. They also clearly said they tested and thought this through so much before deciding on the non-concurrent running for guilds.

    Hopefully they did a good job testing, because their track record proves otherwise.
  • TVF
    14366 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    solely depends on the rewards. If we get double the rewards i'd prefer to play them both at the same time, but since that's highly, and i can't stress that enough, highly unlikely that they would just hand out double the rewards i prefer to just play 1 at the time.

    I hadn't considered whether or not we would get less rewards. Do you imagine they would cut rewards for those choosing both? Seems odd, but I do see your point that they wouldn't likely hand out double. The answer to the poll question would definitely depend on this.

    Nuance and measured consideration of both sides of the issues is a great way to get labelled a dev.

    I'm still, still waiting on multiple paychecks btw.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Sign In or Register to comment.