Drop rate chance

Prev134
Banmeong
129 posts Member
edited June 2019
Is the drop rate been lowered? I am suffering multiple zonk. From 15x sim (3 refresh) I usually got 2 shards only from double drops. Another 2 attempt was 0 shard drop. How about you guys?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    G8tor wrote: »
    Always does when they say double drops. They will say it is rng but no it happens.

The funny part us they say it , but no one puts forth any data that actually shows this....
  • Banmeong
    129 posts Member
    Options
    My jolee is 96/100 and this drop rate makes no sense. Gonna buy 4 shard for 320 crystal instead. So close but so freakin hard to drop! Even from fleet battle
  • Avaiam
    44 posts Member
    Options
    Farmed nothing but Droideka for the double drop event. Used every bit of energy and refreshed to 400 each day. I got 28 shards during the event.

I’d say RNG but I tracked it this time as I felt like drops were terrible the last time double was happening. IMO the drop rate is lowered. I’ve been getting 5or 6 per day not using any crystals on refreshes (just the energy I gain normally).
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm maybe this thread will be the right one...

Nope.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    I thought it was rng, but I’d been getting terrible drop rates on wicket. On four refreshes without double drops I’d get an average of 7 shards. Now I’m lucky to get 2 shards doubled to four with four refreshes. Now seeing all these other people saying they’ve had bad drop rates too, makes me wonder...
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • ToLive
    106 posts Member
    Options
    I think CG should add some machine learning to the forum and threads like this should be dumped to the archive immediately.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Banmeong wrote: »
    Is the drop rate been lowered? I am suffering multiple zonk. From 15x sim (3 refresh) I usually got 2 shards only from double drops. Another 2 attempt was 0 shard drop. How about you guys?

RNG buddy chill.
  • Options
    I got 8 juhani shards out of 5 battles today. It’s all up to RNG
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Nope.

Rats....checking out then
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    PC_LILEDG3 wrote: »
    35 sims, 2 hits on wicket (during c3p0 event)

10 sims, 5 hits on Baze.

Tell us this is RNG one more time CG
    It's RNG.

The statistics of unlikely events are very swingy.

GoH uses fair dice and unlikely events (1/3 chance to get a shard).

As a result, some people get bad runs and bad distributions some amount of the time.

That subset of people are the ones who are liable to get angry and post about it on the forums. Especially for something like a three day double drop event, which gives high profile narrow sample sizes.

You got unlucky in the thing you were hyper focused on. I got this:

sIt7PYq.png

It's part of how randomness works.
    Still not a he.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Lots of lovely shards here and the drop rates don't seem any different than normal. Bring on the Cantina! B)
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Always does when they say double drops. They will say it is rng but no it happens.

The funny part us they say it , but no one puts forth any data that actually shows this....

The patents are all the data you need.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    The patents are all the data you need.
    No, they really aren't.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    To hell with rng, that's the cop out for them. C'mon seriously. Ever notice when your down to need just 2-3 more mats, or shards, all of a sudden it goes cold? Event comes out (c-3po)and all of a sudden you get no ewok shards..... Seriously, rng? C'mon. Stop being a sucker. Let the "whales" spend their money! I enjoy the heck out of this game, I don't care that I don't have the newest falcon, don't have treya or either revan or Malak, hell I haven't even farmed half the characters needed...idk. I'm a star wars nerd and I love a challenge! I'm between 10-20 daily in ships, whatever. I can be 400-1000 in area, idk. I can like a champ and just enjoy the hour or 2 of game play I get for free. Idk about drop rates, because I know the reality. You should too. Play the game, enjoy it for what it is. They don't owe you nothing, no matter how much you pay!
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Kenjinrex wrote: »
    To hell with rng, that's the cop out for them. C'mon seriously. Ever notice when your down to need just 2-3 more mats, or shards, all of a sudden it goes cold?

No I have never noticed that. Sure there have been times when I am close to completing something and it has gone cold but there have been just as many times it has been hot for those last few shards.

• Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    It is so fun to read the sheeps saying noooo it is rng it is just bad luck. LOL this happen EVERYTIME there is double drop. Open your eye
    And deal with it. Once you know, you will have fun predicting if you will have 0 or 2 shards !
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    So fun to read all the sheep bleating about imaginary drop rate nerfs. :D Happens every time there is a double drop. Remove your cranium from your posterior and deal with it. Once you know it's a load of rubbish you will have fun gaining twice as many shards as normal!
  • Options
    I'm must state that, sadly, I noticed lowered drop rate too. After double drops became available I got only 1 shard of Juhani from 25 attempts. Its never happens before. Maybe I'm unlucky, but maybe... If too many people became unlucky, this is mean something...
  • Options
    Armatores wrote: »
    I'm must state that, sadly, I noticed lowered drop rate too. After double drops became available I got only 1 shard of Juhani from 25 attempts. Its never happens before. Maybe I'm unlucky, but maybe... If too many people became unlucky, this is mean something...

It means too many people don't understand probability. And there has never been a greater proof of that than this forum.

• Options

You know statistically like 50% of the people here will have experience lower drop rates simply because with a small sample size very few results are gonna be anywhere close to the average.
  • Options

Nope.

Idk what you guys expect. The people who complain about drops are the f2p ones who can't make up for the bad drops by paying. Do you really expect f2p to have the luxury of actually keeping track of data daily when they are still catching up with their farms for previous characters? These are large projects that usually cost crystals and someone who's f2p can't afford in the first place
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Options

Nope.

Funny that when ever someone is criticising something in this game, you always gotta jump to the defense on every post.....
    Fanboy is not the word
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Options

It means too many people don't understand probability. And there has never been a greater proof of that than this forum.

This has nothing to do with probability, so please don't use this post to try to RIP on and make people look stupid.
    This is a complaint that about the company decreasing drop rates deliberately and if you dont wanna believe that it, then dont!
    There are plenty of naive people out there who never believe something that they personally didnt discover or they personally didnt notice first, that doesnt mean something isn't true...
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not saying I personally think they are dropping the rates during event's, but it makes perfect sense that they would.
    The company is (when compared to other mobile games) extremely mean to its player base and have a history of over charging for packs, over charging for new character's, a complete lack of beneficial events that actually help you progress.

A company that keeps its players in the dark and give little to no communication until the "game changers" all start to make video's about this game being stale and losing its player base.

That being said, I think it makes complete sense that a company with this type of history would make that type of a business move.

I personally think the drop rates are absolutely awful for shards and I truly wish they was better so I could concentrate on leveling up teams I want rather than chasing the meta and side farming the ones I actually want.

I agree they have to make money, but no one has to be greedy about it, and when I see company's care more about profit than actually satisfying its player base, then I know it's a company in decline.

I hate to say it but its typical EA, they used to make the best of the best when it comes to games, now they get ridicule from the players who used to love them, and that's because profit seems to trump the love that the devs used to have for making games, feels like the love is gone and now it's all for profit.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Avaiam wrote: »
    Farmed nothing but Droideka for the double drop event. Used every bit of energy and refreshed to 400 each day. I got 28 shards during the event.

I’d say RNG but I tracked it this time as I felt like drops were terrible the last time double was happening. IMO the drop rate is lowered. I’ve been getting 5or 6 per day not using any crystals on refreshes (just the energy I gain normally).

How many battles? How many shards dropped? That's all that matters, when calculating drop rate. Days passed, refreshes done and crystals spent is irrelevant.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    It is so fun to read the sheeps saying noooo it is rng it is just bad luck. LOL this happen EVERYTIME there is double drop. Open your eye
    And deal with it. Once you know, you will have fun predicting if you will have 0 or 2 shards !

What's funny to me is comments like yours while i'm really enjoying the double drops.
    Seriously though, haven't you ever been not unlucky during double drops? I've played long enough to have experienced quite a few double drop events and overall they've been awesome.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Nope.

Idk what you guys expect. The people who complain about drops are the f2p ones who can't make up for the bad drops by paying. Do you really expect f2p to have the luxury of actually keeping track of data daily when they are still catching up with their farms for previous characters? These are large projects that usually cost crystals and someone who's f2p can't afford in the first place

f2p this f2p that, haha.
    Man, just give it a rest already. We know you're f2p and that you think you're really struggling because of that. In reality you've got a decent roster and are doing great overall, so just quit the whining ffs.
    Save water, drink champagne!