Guild scrambling

Shadroth
160 posts Member
edited June 2019
I’d like to take a quick moment to announce that an old school guild is on the verge of breaking. My guild Prolific was created by MC (who is still our current guild leader) moments after the option was available to everyone. It has seen one merger (June 16 I think) and from there a core or 15 or so players have seen many faces come and go. Some so briefly their presence was barely felt and others who had been along for the whole ride. That last one particularly hurt us briefly because he was our one whale. We now have a new one and whilst we have feared losing the strength he brings he has stuck around for the comradery we have built over roughly 3 and half years. We struggled for ages to unlock GK but when we did we all went crazy on the discord voice chat (for most it was 12am, but for me it was the afternoon and a had to pull over for and hour and finish it with everyone!) and even now most of us are just 7* Treya. I must admit the ride has been great for the most part despite the frustrating fact that only half of us have ever really been active communicators within discord and game chat. We struggled through nearly everything the game has to offer early on and then you all start to build the right teams and see more success. Maybe a new face or 2 brings along some pretty relevant strength and you suddenly hit a new gear. We smash most of the pve content and do really well in TW now but the ride was difficult and long.I remember hoarding and hoarding for JKRevan to make his second coming, finally I could spend all those resources and G12.5 him with awesome mods. I had one of the best Revan teams in the guild and everyone was jelly because mine was a shiny gold colour with 3 purple things.
I remember when ships first hit and how a few within the guild did the right thing and invested heavily in Fleet - they didn’t really see the payoff until 2.0 really but by then a few of us (me) were really wishing they had paid more love to the right ships 😒
That reminds me of another time, very early on in my swgoh journey. I had CW Chewbacca as my arena lead and a guild officer pointed it out and gave me some tips and showed me that there was a bit more to this game. He lives on the other side of the planet but now - after so long playing this bloody game together - I feel like he is my best mate.
However
As we all know the game is in a new phase now and staying relevant is becoming more challenging for a lot of people. If I’m honest we have about 10-15 hangers on and I envy those that have moved on recently to more competitive guilds. If I wasn’t so loyal and didn’t have so much love for our guild I’d have left a while ago but dragging so many is hurting us now and will only be harder come Geo TB. We now find ourselves (finally) scrambling to change the make-up of our team. I think we need 10-15 active and communicative if we are a chance of staying together because I can pretty much guarantee that if we can’t at least “make a good showing” at the Geo TBs going forward we will lose the glue that’s holding us together.
If you have taken the time to read this then 🍻 and sorry it didn’t have any gossip in it. I reach my arms out to any who would do an OG guild a solid and help us out.
The guild leader has already posted this
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206011/prolific-guild-looking-for-10-15-players/p1?new=1
But I’ve posted here as I imagine there is already a “scramble” in guild management happening right now so I thought it might be topical.
Post edited by Shadroth on

Replies

• Atzel
    56 posts Member
    I managed to read all of it , i was entertained

Thanks for the post !
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Almost got crit by that wall of text but I think your best bet is finding another guild to merge with.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Line break is your friend.
  • Woah. That was a veeeeeeerrrrryyyyyy long post.
  • Wooky
    63 posts Member
    Sounds like your guild is about to explode. Been there, done that... :(
    Tag me if you need a new guild. We have some room.
  • DarthKoon wrote: »
    Woah. That was a veeeeeeerrrrryyyyyy long post.

Apologies
  • Good eulogy. My guild is in a similar situation. I can see this eventually tearing our 50M GP guild apart. We have 15 spots available if you want to merge, keep your core together and do the new content with us?
  • Read the whole thing. Seems like you have a good core. I wish we had more spots to pull you in, but could only free up 5 at the most. Would love to have a group of guys as passionate about the game in our group. Best of luck to you!
  • Atzel wrote: »
    I managed to read all of it , i was entertained

Thanks for the post !

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!"
    -MAXIMUS
  • Return of the Jedi, and Solo, has set this franchise back, and the lack of new players is starting to show. We have 10 slots open, and at this point I'd rather have weaker players who try and just put in the effort, chat, then your avg 2 mill GP guy who just leeches. Just focus on the positive, the ones who show up, and the good times you had with your guild.