Ships Question

Demoncypher
2 posts Member
edited June 2019
Need some opinions on what I might be missing. There is a player that regularly jumps to the top of our ship arena shard with what I would consider a substandard ship inventory. He cuts through the current Meta and Chimera ships alike moving 20 to 40 spots to the top spot. I have faced him numerous times and can beat his ship arena team in under 60 seconds sometimes before a reinforcement gets called and he usually drops daily. Is his team that good on offense or is he possibly using a hack to achieve his success.

Post edited by Demoncypher on

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    If you suspect him for cheating, report him to CG_Leviathan in a Private message
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Also edit out that name and link. Naming/shaming is a violation of the TOS.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • What fleet are you using? I’ve had 7* han’s Falcon since the first release and there was someone on our shard that could consistently beat it without the falcon (mostly empire ships). I’ve had both HT and bistan in my fleet and lost to that person on defense but easily won on offense.
  • Post edited to remove name but I was more curious about the nature of his inventory. Not trying to shame anyone but genuinely curious if he stumbled upon a ship squad that works amazingly well on offense but terrible on defense. I have never run into anyone running Tarkins Capital ship and Slave one, Plo Koons SF, and Vaders Tie advanced before with a mish mash of equally questionable reinforcements and limited speed that jumps up the leaderboard.
  • What fleet are you using? I’ve had 7* han’s Falcon since the first release and there was someone on our shard that could consistently beat it without the falcon (mostly empire ships). I’ve had both HT and bistan in my fleet and lost to that person on defense but easily won on offense.

Currently I run Chimera, HT, Tie silencer and 5 star falcon with varied reinforcements depending on who I am facing. It isn't optimal and I struggle / usually fail against the home one falcon meta but it is the best option I have right now while I farm replacements and gear.

The player in question runs Executrix with Plo Koons SF, Slave One, and Tie advanced for opening with JC SF, Ghost, Umbran SF and 4 Star Anakin SF for reinforcements. No tank at all, and if carves up the leaderboard including the top 15 spots which usually consist of some version of the current meta with the odd Chimera/falcon combo that manages to squeak in from time to time.

I am well aware that the META can be beat with good ship theory but this lineup hardly seems close to being able to beat anything.
  • Exactly how strong is his Anakin? G12? Even at 3* his ship hits like a sledgehammer and theoretically Plo Koon can buff him up even further.

Boba Fett acts as a slim tank that can inflict ability lock and eventually a solid aoe. Tie advanced sets up Bobas AOE and anakin's damage.

Jedi counsellor probably calls tie advanced to target lock HT, debuff him to remove his taunt then focus fire on something weaker. Then anakin comes in and cleans house.

Definitely offense only and he may be buying refreshes and doing 10 or 20 matches a day to get those results, but it sounds doable.
  • Woie
    20 posts Member
    Ship AI is just that bad.
  • Depablo
    49 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I have a question, kinda off topic a little but I want to see the feedback on this. We have a person around me and a few others payout. He seems to locks/battles one person in particular everyday and messes up his payout. He is incredibly fast in locking it’s almost unreal how fast he can lock. Me and my partners coordinate on discord when we go in to and out of battle down to the seconds I would believe, and he can still manage to lock us before me and my partners can lock. I have an idea of what he is doing but I’m not sure if it’s illegal either but that’s basically my question today if it would be considered illegal if possible.
    Okay finally my theory, awhile back I saw a video of AhnaldT101 uses some sort of auto-clicker to automatically spend his ally points so he could sit their and not click. I think the person in our shard has taken this auto-clicker program or one similar to help him lock spots faster then anyone else by setting the auto-clicker speed at 1000 clicks /sec. With this technically I think you could guarantee a lock every time if set up properly. That’s basically my idea again so and thoughts or feedback would be appreciated thanks!
    Here is a link to his video and sorry for the rushed post thanks again.

https://youtu.be/eWmG8xswX0Y
    Post edited by Depablo on
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Join a shard chat and you too can be #1 with trash too. Join a real good one and they will even lock out your competition.
  • Depablo
    49 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »
    Join a shard chat and you too can be #1 with trash too. Join a real good one and they will even lock out your competition.

@Gair Your probably going to shoot me cause I’m already in one lmao...
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Depablo wrote: »
    Gair wrote: »

@Gair Your probably going to shoot me cause I’m already in one lmao...

Hey I'm good with rank 18 it still gives me top.20. So keep on slaying.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Woie wrote: »
    Ship AI is just that bad.

This, this, this, this, this, this and this. Out of all the little things that annoy with this game, the "AI" is at the top.

It will never change. If they change the AI to make it better, people will lose more.

Guaranteed there will be a ton more rage when people lose more than when they win more.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I simply don't care if people lose more. It's completely silly that you know exactly what the AI will do before it takes its turn.

You will care when you lose more. And I'll be you'll complain loudly about it.