- Carth
- Canderous
- Zaalbar
- Vao
- Juhani

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    So, my opinion but I just had them maxed a few weeks ago. Typical mods for their role, but with the following exceptions:

Z needs crit avoidance and gobs of tenacity. You dont want him to get buff blocked. His HP pool is less important because he rarely gets crit and the team has a lot of regen.

Juhani, who I think probably blows, can arguably be modded for damage, speed and potency. Her role as a tank is questionable.

Canderous needs no speed arrow. Offense arrow.
    Probably a potency cross and pure damage after that.

I will say I have been disappointed in the team on D and I'm going to test new mod sets - at least a tenacity cross and maybe 1 set on all of them. They get a native bonus and it is worth testing if this strength can be increased.

Also the few times the team has survived on D for me, Carth is always dead. I just put a crit avoidance arrow with speed secondary on him. Again because they get a native bonus. He is very frail.

Just my opinion.
  • Malachi
    78 posts Member
    Ok wait. Canderous needs zero potency or speed. He gains 30% potency under Carths lead and an additional 80% from his unique. Load him up with offense and tenacity. TM gain on hitting dots, he's really fast with no speed. The entire team relies on assists, so all of them need a bunch of tenacity. Save for Mission because she can clear her own debuffs. At G12, Carth and Canderous have top 10 highest armor penetration in the game. Aim for tanks first to stack dots. Big Z recovers protection at each turn, so keep him somewhat fast for survival. I understand that slow tanks taunt longer, but this team regens like crazy and doesn't need it. He also doesn't need any crit avoidance. He and Mission get 30% from Carth's lead and 25% from his unique. He also has decent armor at over 40% with stacking defense on taking damage.

I'd recommend:
    Carth - Offense/Speed, Crit Chance
    Big Z - Tenacity, Speed, Protection
    Mission - Offense/Crit Damage
    Canderous - Offense/Protection (Or Crit Damage)
    Juhani - Offense/Health.
    T3 - Speed
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Unfortunately they kinda suffer from not getting any speed or bonus turn meter in a world where speed and bonus turn meter are basically everything. I initially put them on defense in Grand Arena, but I found that they almost never successfully defended, so I've started using them as a cleanup crew on offense. There are a handful of not-meta-but-tricky-nonetheless teams that Carth's zeta allows them to reliably wear down and beat with full health/prot, like AV-lead nightsisters.

I suspect they'd probably do better if I had 100+ speed mod sets for all of them, but I don't, and the quality speed sets I do have are better used on other squads.

Also: DO NOT use them against First Order. The Kylos will laugh at you as your giant stacks of dots heal them ad infinitum.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    So you want to mod, or....what?

tenor.gif?itemid=4501934
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    So, my opinion but I just had them maxed a few weeks ago. Typical mods for their role, but with the following exceptions:

Z needs crit avoidance and gobs of tenacity. You dont want him to get buff blocked. His HP pool is less important because he rarely gets crit and the team has a lot of regen.

Juhani, who I think probably blows, can arguably be modded for damage, speed and potency. Her role as a tank is questionable.

I will say I have been disappointed in the team on D and I'm going to test new mod sets - at least a tenacity cross and maybe 1 set on all of them. They get a native bonus and it is worth testing if this strength can be increased.

Also the few times the team has survived on D for me, Carth is always dead. I just put a crit avoidance arrow with speed secondary on him. Again because they get a native bonus. He is very frail.

Just my opinion.

Do you think replacing juhani would help ? Seems like maybe visas mar or wampa might help give a better defence setup.

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »

Just my opinion.

Do you think replacing juhani would help ? Seems like maybe visas mar or wampa might help give a better defence setup.

T3 or Visas or Wampa would probably all be better but mine stink.

@Jarvind what other teams do they work on O against?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    @Malachi does Canderous get double bonus on his unique for Mission, Z and himself? I did not notice that. If so yeah he doesn't need potency cross.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Stick wrote: »

Just my opinion.

T3 or Visas or Wampa would probably all be better but mine stink.

@Jarvind what other teams do they work on O against?

They're generally fine against anything that doesn't have monster hitters that can one-shot them, or the ability to shut down their assists. So they're fine against EP squads without Fallen Bastila, some bounty hunter teams, ewoks if you can outspeed and quickly kill Logray - like I said, they're more of a cleanup crew than a front line team. They'd maybe rank a bit better if Ordo could hit a bit harder; even on a triple tap, most of his value comes from the dots he stacks up rather than his actual damage.

The constant healing from Ordo's multi attacks and assists from everyone other than Juhani lets them finish off those B/C teams with full protection/health for great medal scores - I might even drop Juhani entirely and get the empty slot bonus depending on who they're going up against. In the case of AV Nightsisters it also prevents Plague from doing anything since they get topped off and clear it immediately. The only reason they don't work against Talzin sisters is because of her revive-on-basic nonsense; once that starts up, the damage gets too overwhelming to keep up unless you seriously outgear them.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Malachi
    78 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    @Malachi does Canderous get double bonus on his unique for Mission, Z and himself? I did not notice that. If so yeah he doesn't need potency cross.

Yep! Extra 30% for the three scoundrels. I have had great results with them on defense in GA. They rarely get taken out. If used on offense, the key I believe is to make sure Carth is only hitting toons with dots. And to keep the dots up. If you have an enemy with under 50% health, focus on someone else. That enemy will die from the dots and refuel zaalbar/mission. My Carth has 263 speed, 30k health, 40k protection and crits for 26k. His aoe usually hits for 19k to the group. While those aren't tank numbers, I don't see him as frail. He's decent!

Also, I think Canderous is better off with a CD/CC set vs offense. I did a mod swap and was criting for around 11-13k vs the 8-9k I have him at, with all offense mods. His zeta would probably push him to 15k and even 20k on someone taunting/marked. Not that it's an awesome zeta, but if you're going all out..
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Juhani: depends how you want to invest in her.
    She adds tons of str at G12+, so even you mod her offense she still very tanky.
    G12+5 juhani yay.
    G12 Juhani nay.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Malachi wrote: »

Also, I think Canderous is better off with a CD/CC set vs offense. I did a mod swap and was criting for around 11-13k vs the 8-9k I have him at, with all offense mods.

Alright, well, after reading that it sounds like maybe I just modded Canderous badly.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    G12+5 juhani yay.
    G12 Juhani nay.

I have her g12+1 and modded for damage and she still crits for like 7k. I WANT to like her, but I'm just not seeing it.

The problem is her taunt/cleanse cool down is too long and her stagger is too conditional. After her taunt goes away she is just a giant hole in your team. Yes she has a cleanse, but the team resists a lot of debuffs because of their very good tenacity.

Ive been testing with my g7 T3 and he just seems much better and has a single target cleanse and TM removal.

Even Young Lando seems like he would be better. A cleanse, stealth, spreads speed up, and his hot hand cool down should be almost every 2-3 turns because of all of the debuffs the team puts out.

Again I want to be wrong about her, so if someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong Id love to hear it.

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    G12+5 juhani yay.
    G12 Juhani nay.

I have her g12+1 and modded for damage and she still crits for like 7k. I WANT to like her, but I'm just not seeing it.

The problem is her taunt/cleanse cool down is too long and her stagger is too conditional. After her taunt goes away she is just a giant hole in your team. Yes she has a cleanse, but the team resists a lot of debuffs because of their very good tenacity.

Ive been testing with my g7 T3 and he just seems much better and has a single target cleanse and TM removal.

Even Young Lando seems like he would be better. A cleanse, stealth, spreads speed up, and his hot hand cool down should be almost every 2-3 turns because of all of the debuffs the team puts out.

Again I want to be wrong about her, so if someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong Id love to hear it.

I want Juhani to be good too but yeah, I haven't been able to make her work. On paper she sounds like the perfect 5th for the Carth team, but in practice she just doesn't tank that well and hits like a wet paper bag. Maybe she'll be like Grievous where G13 suddenly makes her awesome? I dunno.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Banmeong
    129 posts Member
    So how to mod Carth properly for TW? When the team survive first wave, they will be dead if Carth is dead already
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Banmeong wrote: »
    So how to mod Carth properly for TW? When the team survive first wave, they will be dead if Carth is dead already

I'm testing this now but I put a crit avoidance arrow on him. Because yeah he dies on successful D most of the time.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    G12+5 juhani yay.
    G12 Juhani nay.

She sucks at G12+1. I dont whale her so I know how shes like at G12+1.
    Now my juhani has over 5300 physical damage and she rocks.

Shes like Grevious, need full gear to shine.