Massive damage not so massive anymore.

Prev13
With massive damage hitting for 99999 I was wondering if there are any theories of tweaking that damage?

The term "massive" was created a while ago, and in current toons, setup, health boosts etc, it doesn't seem to be the same "massive" as before. There are plenty of chars that, with their or other support toons, can easily reach over 100k prot/health and survive that damage.

So toons setup progress, gear progresses towards more health/prot, 6* mods was introduced further increasing health/prot, now gear13 - but "massive" damage stays on the same level.

Even assasination protocol deals more damage, and is not "massive".

So any thoughts/plans for increasing that damage. It currently doesn't seem so big after all :(.

Replies

• Probably won’t change until it affects a relevant character. This only affects savage and Nihilus (against raid bosses). Did I miss anyone?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Probably won’t change until it affects a relevant character. This only affects savage and Nihilus (against raid bosses). Did I miss anyone?

IPD. But I guess that's a feature rather than a bug from their point of view, as IPD is useful in countermeta squads to one-shot the worst troublemaker and countermeta is something undesirable these days...
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    G13 will only exacerbate this problem. They need to up it to 199,999 or something.
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    G13 will only exacerbate this problem. They need to up it to 199,999 or something.

I agree an increase should exist however they would need to leave the raid version the same as it could be abused. “Massive” dmg hitting characters should be looked at.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Yes, increase it, good point @Sarbitar . IPD and savage are becoming less useful now. Savage can still find a place though since he only does it when characters are at least below 50%, so that’s 50% health already taken away that you needn’t worry about.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Should just make it 99,999 damage, doubled against non-raid bosses. Keeps raid effectiveness in check (since they just made it work in raids not too long ago), and keeps pace with power creep. Nothing worse than sacrificing probe droid only to see the enemy still standing after.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

That would just delay the problem. An universal solution would be dmg equal to max health + prot + any bonuses, ignoring any reductions.
  • Nauros wrote: »

That would just delay the problem. An universal solution would be dmg equal to max health + prot + any bonuses, ignoring any reductions.

So.... annihilate? I do agree that massive damage should be buffed, though.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Well, it did work pretty much like annihilate up till now...
  • They could be cheeky and make it RNG dependent...

Hey Holotable Heroes!

In light of the ever-present prot and health increase due to G12 finishers, we are going to allow "massive damage" abilities to become critical hits.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    It should not do a fixed amount of damage otherwise they will have to increase it every time we have another gear lvl available (g13, g14, etc...)
    It should be sone formula calculating something from a percentage or something.

If it still does same fixed amount of damage, imagine once we have gear 20 with everyone with 1 million health or something, then it will do like no hurt
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    Don’t ask for it to be based off %health. Then Malak, KRU, Kylo And any future such characters will be completely unphased by “massive damage” attacks
  • Nauros wrote: »

I was ok with there being a few exceptions who could survive (traya with protection up, a full health bossk or kenobi) but there are just too many now
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

I was ok with there being a few exceptions who could survive (traya with protection up, a full health bossk or kenobi) but there are just too many now

Come to think of it, I guess you are right. There should be some distinction between massive damage and straight-up killing the unit.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Not only can some characters survive Massive damage, but with power creep and new mechanics some characters can crit for almost that much. GMY under Revan can crit for more than that in p2 HSTR. So yeah, doesn't seem so massive.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Not only can some characters survive Massive damage, but with power creep and new mechanics some characters can crit for almost that much. GMY under Revan can crit for more than that in p2 HSTR. So yeah, doesn't seem so massive.
    Aurra can do ten times that in one shot in P3 hSith.
    Still not a he.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Aurra can do ten times that in one shot in P3 hSith.

With a now worthless zeta more than once lol
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    With massive damage hitting for 99999 I was wondering if there are any theories of tweaking that damage?

The term "massive" was created a while ago, and in current toons, setup, health boosts etc, it doesn't seem to be the same "massive" as before. There are plenty of chars that, with their or other support toons, can easily reach over 100k prot/health and survive that damage.

So toons setup progress, gear progresses towards more health/prot, 6* mods was introduced further increasing health/prot, now gear13 - but "massive" damage stays on the same level.

Even assasination protocol deals more damage, and is not "massive".

So any thoughts/plans for increasing that damage. It currently doesn't seem so big after all :(.

Massive wont kill G13 thassit. Plus IMP isn't making money so why care?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    With a now worthless zeta more than once lol
    How do you mean?
    Still not a he.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    99,999 = one tap 99% of the time.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

The point is that "massive damage" is supposed to be an overwhelming amount that's guaranteed to kill the target. 99,999 no longer guarantees that, and definitely won't with G13 being a thing.

The raid boss version also needs tweaking. Getting 100k crits isn't that unusual with teams designed for raid performance. Either remove the "immunity" or up it to a larger percentage of the boss's health.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

The point is that "massive damage" is supposed to be an overwhelming amount that's guaranteed to kill the target. 99,999 no longer guarantees that, and definitely won't with G13 being a thing.

The raid boss version also needs tweaking. Getting 100k crits isn't that unusual with teams designed for raid performance. Either remove the "immunity" or up it to a larger percentage of the boss's health.

Yeah they will prolly fix it if it effects their newest meta toy CG adds
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited June 2019

I guess the real question is SHOULD it be a guaranteed kill? If so, then just make it basically annihilate as kinda suggested earlier. If not then how much damage should be done? Maybe 99,999 + some kind of bonus to make it more likely a kill shot?

Or maybe a non lethal hit puts death mark on enemy?
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I guess the real question is SHOULD it be a guaranteed kill?

I mean that's clearly the intent. Savage was doing 99k to half-health targets in 2015 when the beefiest tank had like 20k combined health and protection.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Good post and I hope they tweak it.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I don't disagree. It definitely was a guaranteed kill at the time. But also considering the opponents are below 50%, I think in his case it still is. Given that and that he's fairly irrelevant currently, I'm guessing that's why it isnt addressed.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    IPD is a little different, I think. He's more recent so you have to wonder if it was by design that it's not a guaranteed kill, or not.
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    Probably won’t change until it affects a relevant character. This only affects savage and Nihilus (against raid bosses). Did I miss anyone?

actually they wouldnt be affected, nihilius is guaranteed to get a 1-shot no matter the health and protection unless is a boss, savage is the same way but his needs people at 50% hp anyways and that would still be under the 99,999 damage.

IPD on the otehr hand does only do 99,999 dmaage and should be changed, or doubled
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    It's not meant to be a guaranteed kill, but it is meant to come pretty close. When IPD dropped, GK was one of the few who could tank that kind of heat. But that list has grown significantly, particularly with the addition of G12 pieces. A slightly bulky maxed Chewie can tank that now.
    Still not a he.