GR Jedi Tanks

VonZant
3843 posts Member
edited June 2019

Galactic Republic has 26 characters (5 full teams) but only 3 tanks that can Taunt. Only 1 has an active taunt (CWC). Kenobi has a Passive, and 5s needs help from either Kenobi or Shaak Ti. CWC is useful in both Scoundrel and Padme teams, and Kenobi is Revan or Padme. 5s is obvious. But depending on how you split them, that leaves 2 or 3 full GR teams without a viable tank.

Of course the GR Jedi stats are dated and need upgrading, but the lack of taunting Tanks is almost as crippling to their viability. I hope this is addressed in the touch ups. JKG getting Sith Trooper-like treatment and Plo and/or Mace getting a taunt mechanic would help a lot.

I always hoped Mace or Plo would get some Sion-like mechanic, even if its not as powerful. He has one of the best designed tank mechanics in the game, IMHO.

Replies

• JDK82
    151 posts Member
    Well you usually anyway dont form 3 pure gr teams.

It's usually:

1. Padme with trio (gk, anakin, ahsoka) + a fith (c3p0, baris)
    2. Shaak ti with the clones
    3. And the rest are fillers for jkr and/or bastila teams (which can be run, especially on offence without an tank or where you also can sub in jedi tanks like old Ben)

I anyway do agree that adding better taunt mechanics to some gr toons like mace would be beneficial.
  • I m starting to doubt that they will ever release the 5th mystery character to complete the Padme squad.

It seems Padme squad will stay like that and instead of being meta it will just stay Meh
  • I’d like to see Ki-Adi-Mundi come as a tank.
  • JDK82
    151 posts Member
    The padme team is missing an important last toon, similar like it was with drevan without malak.
    The padme is anyway a fun to play team and very useful in ga/tw/tb
    Can beat like almost every team with mediocre mods...