Is my phoenix team enough powerful for thrawn/palpa events?

Thiaz
2 posts Member
Hi,

I was wondering if my team was enough powerful for thrawn/palpa events.

Here is my page: https://swgoh.gg/p/524294626/

I'm asking this question because I struggle a lot to get my phoenix chars to gear 9 with all the 50 materials needed. I saw in the Reoccurring events thread that gear 10 is recommended and it seems so surreal for me since I'm already struggling with gear 9.
Is it worth it since I will no longer use this team after I get those 2 chars? Do you have any advices to give me to progress a little more?

Sorry for my poor english.

Thank you for your time. :)

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    It can be done at g8, but it depends on how good your mods are and how many times you want to have to retry. The higher your gear level the easier it will be.

It's not true that you will no longer use the team though. They will be one of your core teams for TW/GA for a while, used in missions in Hoth TB (if your guild isn't switching to Geo yet), and their ships are part of the Falcon meta.
  • Ninho
    92 posts Member
    I would also recommend to invest a bit more into this squad. There are much stronger ones, but there are many areas where Phoenix are useful. It will be extremely hard to get Thrawn with them, EP is possible.
    You want them Level 85 (after you reach this level), omegas at least on their uniques, and appropriate mods on them (crouchingrancor mod advisor, grandivory mod optimizer, or just google "best mods chopper" for instance).
  • Put them preferably at level 85.
    Do the updating of the skills, especially the unique ones putting the omegas will help a lot against the GAT.
    Improve modifiers. Speed, and speed arrows in the secondary of other mods in all.
    You can keep them G8, if you have to put someone other than the G8, that is Erza that fits in other times for being a Jedi DPS, the others are not worth the investment.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    It is easier to get one or two Phoenix units to G10 or 11 than it is to get all of them to G9 because of how many stun guns the faction takes.

The Palpatine event is almost trivial now. The gear cap and level cap were lower when that event was released, and mods did not exist. You'll be fine as you are for Palpatine.

G8 with good mods is generally regarded as the floor for seven star Thrawn, but I suggest going higher on at least one unit. Ezra is the most flexible unit later on, so he's a popular choice as the one unit to take beyond G8 early on, and his damage output is the backbone of taking enemies down in the Thrawn event.
    Still not a he.
  • Thank you for those answers. I'm doing the mod challenges to get better mod for my team right now. As for the lvl, only time will get me to 85 since I'm already doing all the daily quests and using all my energy (with refill).

I have another question (filler), what ship should I aimed apart from my phoenix ships? I'm struggling in ship battles and I even find my phoenix ship not so good.

Thanks again for the time you put answering me. :)
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    I completed tier 7 with gear 8 characters, but a couple were level 85, so not sure how much that helps. I also only had a few omegas but I did have fast speed on them, that helps a lot. Remember, if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Thiaz wrote: »
    I have another question (filler), what ship should I aimed apart from my phoenix ships? I'm struggling in ship battles and I even find my phoenix ship not so good.
    The two most important ships right now are Houndstooth, which is a long farm and requires Bossk who is another long farm but are both entirely worth it, and Han's Millennium Falcon, which requires Chewie and four Bounty Hunter Ships. That's the Slave I, Houndstooth, Xanadu Blood, and IG-1000. Those are long term goals, but important ones. Also, the Eta-2, another long farm, is probably about to become much more important.

Shorter term, units who are useful both on the ground and in the air are the most efficient way to start. Darth Vader/TIE Advanced, Tarkin/Executrix, TIE Fighter Pilot/TIE Fighter. First Order TIE Fighter Pilot/First Order TIE Fighter. Kylo Ren Unmasked/TIE Silencer. Boba Fett/Slave I. The Phoenix ships.

Special mention to Biggs' X Wing. Biggs himself is fairly mediocre these days, but his ship is one of the better tanks accessible early on, and Biggs, TIE Advanced, TIE Fighter is a good starting lineup early on. Also honorable mention to the Geonosian ships, which are a good group, popular under Ackbar, but the bugs themselves kinda suck on the ground. Maybe Brood Alpha and a rework will help them on the ground soon.

Prioritize dark side ships over light side early on. Progressing along the challenges is important, but the ability mat challenges are the most important so you can get more advanced ship ability mats and zetas, and those require dark side units.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Thiaz wrote: »
    Shorter term, units who are useful both on the ground and in the air are the most efficient way to start. Darth Vader/TIE Advanced, Tarkin/Executrix, TIE Fighter Pilot/TIE Fighter. First Order TIE Fighter Pilot/First Order TIE Fighter. Kylo Ren Unmasked/TIE Silencer. Boba Fett/Slave I. The Phoenix ships.

Special mention to Biggs' X Wing. Biggs himself is fairly mediocre these days, but his ship is one of the better tanks accessible early on, and Biggs, TIE Advanced, TIE Fighter is a good starting lineup early on.

Prioritize dark side ships over light side early on. Progressing along the challenges is important, but the ability mat challenges are the most important so you can get more advanced ship ability mats and zetas, and those require dark side units.

THIS THIS THIS!!

Oh sir, where was this post when I was L59?

I've only recently come to realize the above myself & am in serious regret mode for all the time & resources I put into Consular's & Clone Sgt.s Ships...............And even Biggs to a smaller extent.

Because in the end, Home One & LS gets you Chimera, but DS & Executrix gets you ZETAS!! :)

I completely agree with the above and would even skip Biggs for the most part too.

Early Ship Farming should look like this....

Devote Cantina Energy into Kylo-U + TIE Silencer as well as TIE Pilot.

Devote GW Greenies to TIE Fighter & FO TIE Fighter (After Zeb is 7* these are your #1 priority)

Fleet Store currency should be mostly saved up so you can focus on TIE Adv X1, Slave-1, Ghost, & Phantom in that order for all 3 refreshes each day.

Devote LS/DS Energy to FO TIE Pilot.

If you start that at L60 then by the time you are L78-80, with some luck, you should have close to 7* into Kylo-U, Silencer, & TIE Pilot with at least 5* into TIE Fighter & FO TIE Fighter & FO-TIE Pilot
    The Rare farms of TAX1 & Slave-1 should both be about to unlock at 4* with a 6* Vader & Boba to pilot.

Hopefully (Hopefully) having an extra 5 stars above the recommended 4* ships, will allow you to unlock the 5* Executrix which I hear is harder than the ZETA mats themselves.

I'm L81 & still working on the above but its because I dumped a bunch of resources into added LS ships that should have been pushed off to level up later after the DS & Zetas was open.

Had I to do it over again my all my LS ships would be 1* & Level-1 still but it would be worth it to have a functional Capital Ship at 5* since I can't unlock any of the 3 of them with my fleet split between DS & LS ships.