Zeta change clarification

Prev13
P_troz
15 posts Member
[Ship Ability Materials Challenge rewards from 0-2 to a guaranteed 1 (IE removing the 0 or 2 option). We've heard you loud and clear that it feels bad to get 0 zetas as a reward. We're removing the 0 and 2 cases to ensure a better player experience.]

Does this mean the drop rate will only be 1 zeta or it's 1 or 2?

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Despite this being a perfectly good compromise by CG, I suspect this is going to escalate quickly.
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes this question exactly and also, if we are still able to get 2 zeta mats, has the chance probability of getting a 2 zeta drop been decreased?
  • UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    If they are removing 0 and 2 options than it will be one zeta dropped each time. At least that’s how I read it.

This. Says right there in the post. At the minute we can get 0, 1 or 2. Remove 0 and 2. Can only drop one, but it's guaranteed.
  • ...and can CG confirm that they're aware of how really really bad it looks that they are making this change just AFTER the "double drops" days that were supposed to (but obviously don't!) compensate us for the missing GA event rewards so most of us have yet again had "double drops" of 0
  • ZAP wrote: »
    If they are removing 0 and 2 options than it will be one zeta dropped each time. At least that’s how I read it.

Yes actually rereading it this seems to be correct
  • ZAP wrote: »

Not only is that how you read it, but is exactly what they said.

0 and 2 are no longer possible outcomes. 1 is the only outcome.
  • The post could not be more clear. We currently have 2 attempts at the challenge...each attempt can yield 0, 1 or 2 zeta mats. This is being changed to a fix amount of 1 zeta mat. Therefore, 2 challenge attempts will result in 1 zeta mat each time...for a total of 2 zeta mats on those challenge days.
  • Faffyd
    38 posts Member
    I’d rather have a guaranteed zeta per sim than the chance of getting 0 since luck is rarely on my side
  • i can live with 6 Zeta a week. Means at least 24 zeta mats a month (at a minimum excluding other sources). That will help greatly in character boosting.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    416 zetas were possible previously, now it is only possible to get 208 per year from these. Good job complainers. (4 assumed)
  • Yall really always take it a step too far when doing something "for the players" @CG_Cyanides why remove the 2? Why not make the challenge worth 1-2 Zetas? Yeah a guaranteed 1 zeta is nice but the possibility of 2 would be nice. ESPECIALLY since every new team "needs" 3-5+ Zetas now. It's not like you'd be upping the amount possible keeping it at 2. So can we get a bone thrown here? Thanks.
  • Gair wrote: »
    416 zetas were possible previously, now it is only possible to get 208 per year from these. Good job complainers.

find me one person that got 416 in one year. I'd happily have 208 cause I'm pretty sure I would never get that in a year with 0-2 chance
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    After the change the challenge will yield 1 each run.

2 for an event day. Total of 6 a week.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Genpaku408 wrote: »
    Gair wrote: »
    416 zetas were possible previously, now it is only possible to get 208 per year from these. Good job complainers.

find me one person that got 416 in one year. I'd happily have 208 cause I'm pretty sure I would never get that in a year with 0-2 chance

I think you are missing the point between variable and constant. It is impossible to obtain what used to be. My only point.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I am 100 % against changing zeta drop rates. I thoroughly enjoyed the excitement of getting 4 zetas in one day and now I can only get 2? This is advocadaly ludicrous
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    This is a great change! Thanks CG!
  • This thread is proof that people will complain about anything.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This thread is proof that people will complain about anything.

In all honesty, my first thought was about what the average is now and if its lower than 1 or higher than 1..... it could have actually been higher mathematically, but I would get not and this is an overall improvement.
  • This thread is proof that people will complain about anything.

Get off the forums so, I see a discussion , you see complaints . Have some perspective
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Get off the forums so, I see a discussion , you see complaints . Have some perspective

His comment might have come from a merge.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Kyno wrote: »

In all honesty, my first thought was about what the average is now and if its lower than 1 or higher than 1..... it could have actually been higher mathematically, but I would get not and this is an overall improvement.

According to this post https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6ar7ms/ive_been_tracking_zeta_drops_and_thought_id_share/

The average was 1.066 a day or 3.197 a week(sample size 300). So getting a guaranteed 1 drop is twice as many zetas on average as we were getting before.

and another sample size of 170 with similar numbers
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9mjjs4/how_is_your_zeta_drop_rate/
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    After the change the challenge will yield 1 each run.

2 for an event day. Total of 6 a week.

I like it! Plus know everyone is on an even playing field, just have to log in on those days!
  • Gair
    616 posts Member

It is like playing the lotto and you will only win the amount of your ticket back. I would say it is less calculated risk at the cost of immersion.
  • First off I like the increase in communication but this post felt like a punch in the gut. Trying to tell us you have increased gear payouts is not the whole picture. Showing us the acquiring statistics without telling us where they are coming from is useless. was the increase because more people got frustrated and used crystals to purchase them? Also you do not include the increase of need for these gear from new characters. A lot of hard to farm gear was needed for even lower gear levels for the Old republic characters in particular. With you basically forcing the user base to use Revan if they want any hope of competing in Arena, Grand Arena and Territory Wars these gear crunches along with the character farming I am sure brought you a large increase in income even as in increase the frustration of the average player. Lastly trying to make us "feel better" by adding this gear into the new stores is really a joke. You have already come out and told us we will need those stores for other items we will need to compete so spending rare currency there on anything other than the premium items could put players even farther back. thank you for the attempt but I will just lay in the corner trying to get my wind back.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member

According to this post https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6ar7ms/ive_been_tracking_zeta_drops_and_thought_id_share/

The average was 1.066 a day or 3.197 a week(sample size 300). So getting a guaranteed 1 drop is twice as many zetas on average as we were getting before.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9mjjs4/how_is_your_zeta_drop_rate/

Any manipulation to the samples when each sample originally had 5 outcomes would skew those numbers towards 4 and not 1. That is not actual fact.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

This is very good news.
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    "from 0-2 to a guaranteed 1 (IE removing the 0 or 2 option). We've heard you loud and clear that it feels bad to get 0 zetas as a reward. We're removing the 0 and 2 cases".

Am I understanding this correctly?

It used to be 0-2.

And instead of putting it 1-2.

You are changing it for 1.

And calling it "a better player experience"... really?

The worst is, that was so predictable...lmao
    giphy.gif
    Post edited by Peperlu on
  • great!
    so we can calculate with 4 zetas on the june 16th and 4 on june 17th?
    double drops at the weekend!!
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    But everyone here kept saying 2x0=0. Now it's just a 1+1=2. So how is this not better.