onieiwzl5cqz.gif

UNIT NAME: Geonosian Brood Alpha
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Support, Geonosian, Separatist, Leader
Geonosian Support that swarms enemies with summoned allies and Hive Mind

ABILITIES:

Basic: Shield Bash
dktc5yvxv21d.gif
Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs on them on a critical hit.

Special 1: Glaive Sweep (Cooldown 3)
9lyghgdzu2xw.gif
FINAL TEXT: Dispel all buffs on all enemies. Deal Physical damage to all enemies and Expose them for 2 turns. Then, remove 15% Turn Meter from debuffed enemies.

Special 2: Conscription (Cooldown 3)
8wjgg5o4vpxd.gif
FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs on all Geonosian allies. Summon a Geonosian Brute to battle if the ally slot is available, or if a Geonosian Brute is already present, he gains Critical Damage Up and Offense Up for 2 turns. Then, all Geonosian allies gain 15% Turn Meter and recover 35% Health and Protection.

Leader: Geonosian Swarm
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Geonosian allies have +15,000 Health and Protection, and +50% Health Steal. Geonosians allies recover 3% Protection when they use their Basic ability. Basic abilities of Geonosian allies deal 10% more damage for each buffed enemy.

Unique 1: Queen's Will
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Geonosian Brood Alpha has +60% Tenacity. All Geonosian allies have the Hive Mind buff while Geonosian Brood Alpha is active, which can't be dispelled or prevented. When another Geonosian ally is defeated, reduce the cooldown of Conscription by 1. At the start of the encounter, summon a Geonosian Brute who Taunts for 1 turn.

Hive Mind: Assist whenever another Geonosian ally uses an ability during his turn, dealing 50% less damage; equalize Health and Protection with Hive Mind allies whenever an enemy uses an ability

Unique 2: Geonosian Brute
UNIT NAME: Geonosian Brute
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Geonosian, Separatist, Tank

Basic: Goading Strike
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Taunt for 1 turn.

Special 1: Swarm Tactics (Cooldown 4)
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and call all other Geonosian allies to assist.

Unique 1: Reckless Retaliation
FINAL TEXT: Geonosian Brute has +25% Offense for each active Geonosian ally and +100% counter chance.

Unique 2: Summoned
FINAL TEXT:
  • This unit's stats scale with the summoner's stats
  • This unit can only be summoned to the ally slot if it's available.
  • This unit can't be summoned in raids.
  • This unit can't be revived.
  • When this unit is defeated, it is not considered a defeated unit.
  • When there are no other allied combatants, this unit escapes from battle.
  • A unit can't be revived if this summoned unit exists in their slot.

SYNERGIES:
3co26hzxh7ur.gif

Replies

• By scale will that mean he has the same speed as brood alpha?
  • If an ally dies but the 6th slot is open will the brute go there first so you could revive the other toon? Is the a guaranteed "this is where the brute will go or is it at random for open spaces?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • hmmm, unique 2?
  • My boy poggle the lesser getting shunted to the side :(

Feels bad
  • It would be nice to see some of this stuff spread around existing Geonosian units rather than just giving this new one all the mechanics. You could still make him a vital part without giving him single target dispel, mass dispel, mass cleanse, mass assists, mass healing, mass health equalisation, passive assists and flat geonosian buffs.

I doubt it. I think the summoned geonosian will grow in power as the brood alpha gets geared up. A gear 8 brood alpha will summon a gear 8 brute, essentially.

I doubt it. I think the summoned geonosian will grow in power as the brood alpha gets geared up. A gear 8 brood alpha will summon a gear 8 brute, essentially.

Yeah for sure, I wonder how his speed scales though. If it's just a set number all the time or if maybe that also goes up by like 5 or 10 per gear level
  • With the tanks mass assist ability. Does it cause all the bugs to assist twice because of hive mind?
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Seems like a very hard counter to Jedi revan!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • This is awesome!
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    In the conscription ability the brood hits then dissapears. Is that right? U summon him for one hit? @CG_SBCrumb
    The Brute stays around until defeated. The fade out at the end is just the loop in the video
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Pretty strong kit, and powerful toon

I'm curious to see Squad Two synergy because it mixes Geo Soldier's rework kit with Dooku and Nute, and Wat whose kit is unknown, but not Geonosians

Looking forward to running Geonosians in Grand Arena

I wonder how many kyrotech it needs

I hope we can get scale percentages for Brute
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    So if an ally dies can you end up summoning multiple brutes? Since it said it can take their ally spot. Or is that only for situations when the 6th slot is taken by an ally leader and you must wait for someone to die before you can summon the brute?
  • So when are Karina the Great and the Geonosian Zombie coming?
  • So when are Karina the Great and the Geonosian Zombie coming?

Yes
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    The conscription animation is very cool.

Edit: My page is loading slow and I take it back. They are ALL very good. Nice.
  • JANX
    16 posts Member
    Then other Geos wont get any tune-ups/reworks, besides Spy who gets a "nerf" to prevent something loopy.
    Or am I wrong?
    - I want to see old Geos rework, not only this leader ability which artificially reworks the faction. Please give me something, so I dont feel bad gearing them up for fleet, when they were meta.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Geo's are getting tune-ups/reworks but later

Nerf for now but the updates to Geonosians should be at the same time as Geo TB launch or before (in 2 weeks)
  • So....a marquee release?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Geo's are getting tune-ups/reworks but later

Nerf for now but the updates to Geonosians should be at the same time as Geo TB launch or before (in 2 weeks)

Sounds about right
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    It would be nice to see some of this stuff spread around existing Geonosian units rather than just giving this new one all the mechanics. You could still make him a vital part without giving him single target dispel, mass dispel, mass cleanse, mass assists, mass healing, mass health equalisation, passive assists and flat geonosian buffs.

Where’s the money in that?
  • Honestly looks extremely powerful. The Brute has 100% counter chance, thus unless he's stunned or dazed or has buff immunity, he will constantly be taunting.
    I AM the High Ground
  • Taunt won’t really matter too much. every hit they take they equalize health
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Looks good looks good....kinda want to see the bugs in action now
  • Man I can't wait for him
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    So....a marquee release?

Probably not cause he's needed for geoDSTB.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    So....a marquee release?

We can always hope😁
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • I like it, the more separatists the merrier. I’m curious to see what other new original characters you can come up with to help factions that need it?