Kit Reveal: Geonosian Brood Alpha

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    HKFactory wrote: »
    I like it, the more separatists the merrier. I’m curious to see what other new original characters you can come up with to help factions that need it?

Tuskens!
  • Nihion wrote: »
    HKFactory wrote: »
    I like it, the more separatists the merrier. I’m curious to see what other new original characters you can come up with to help factions that need it?

Tuskens!

I would honestly not be opposed to that, or the Jawas.
  • With the tanks mass assist ability. Does it cause all the bugs to assist twice because of hive mind?

yes this is confusing @CG_SBCrumb since it seems any time any geo uses an ability, all geos assist, so why have the tank call a mass assist with nothing else added?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Well one benefit is that you are calling for assist twice so it’s a move with a lot of DPS

The first assist everyone is dealing normal damage, and then the hive mind assist with 50% less damage
  • Out of curiosity, what’s the reason for not allowing the brute in raids?

I’d imagine it has something to do with endless loop issues a la zombie. Probably found multiple exploits in HSTR where you could keep reviving over and over?

I’d imagine it has something to do with endless loop issues a la zombie. Probably found multiple exploits in HSTR where you could keep reviving over and over?

I'm guessing it's because the raids use a different camera view and were designed just for 5 toons.
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    This is a strike against participating in the new TB. If one special mission is unavailable since you don't have a required character that diminishes the TB.

I hope a lot more information about the new TB is revealed so guilds can find out whether they would be wasting their time
  • DaPowerfulJedi
    3185 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Poggle the Lesser when he realizes that the Brood Alpha has a way better leader ability:
    o5zol25736e7.jpeg
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb could please answer this: if the brute uses his special then dies, and is brought back the next turn by the brood alpha will his special be on cooldown still or is it reset?
    Post edited by flux_rono on
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    When GK on a Padmé team defeats the bugs:
    Hello there!

General Grievous be like:
    GENERAL KENOBI!!!
  • Salacious_B_Crumb
    144 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm guessing raids don't have an ally slot, is that why Brute can't be summoned in raids? Or do you just like giving darkside chracters abilities that are useless in raids?
  • I'm guessing raids don't have an ally slot, is that why Brute can't be summoned in raids? Or do you just like giving darkside chracters abilities that are useless in raids?

To make up for it, they're going to make another bounty hunter that has abilities that are useless in everything but raids.
  • Strojař
    115 posts Member
    I'm not interested in new toons since i unlocked dr yesterday and i want to play with him first. I still haven't chewie, c3, padme so maybe next year ;)
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Really like the summon ability. I've always thought something like that would be great for toons like Stormtroopers/Tie pilots etc.

Always assumed it wouldn't be possible but now that they can do it hopefully it's something they use more of in future.
  • Fixer
    150 posts Member
    Geonosian: Mass assists every turn.
    Enfys Nest: I'm about to end this bugs whole career.

I all seriousness the mass assist sounds like it might do alot more damage than expected, unless enfys triggers for each assist so 5 protection stacks? I don't really use her *shrug* if it's true though then wow 1 character in a team of 5 will completely destroy which is pretty unfair considering they say that a good game(these developers have said I'm pretty sure) wont have direct hard counters
  • Fixer wrote: »
    Geonosian: Mass assists every turn.

I all seriousness the mass assist sounds like it might do alot more damage than expected, unless enfys triggers for each assist so 5 protection stacks? I don't really use her *shrug* if it's true though then wow 1 character in a team of 5 will completely destroy which is pretty unfair considering they say that a good game(these developers have said I'm pretty sure) wont have direct hard counters

I believe Nest’s protection triggers on every attack, it’ll probably trigger the same as (I believe, it’s been awhile) Chirpa’s mass bear swarm.
  • Geonosian: Mass assists every turn.

Enfys Nest can solo quite a few teams, even the most recent Shaak Ti and Padme Amidala teams so it's not really surprising.
  • How are we going to get him? Require two revans, one malek, four geos at g12+5 and a pet from planet zog? Or will they give it to us free as long as you got four geos at g11? The latter will just do fine. May take a month or so to do the former
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    nottenst wrote: »
    This is a strike against participating in the new TB. If one special mission is unavailable since you don't have a required character that diminishes the TB.

I hope a lot more information about the new TB is revealed so guilds can find out whether they would be wasting their time

They did the exact same thing for both Hoth TBs, why would you expect anything different?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I wonder how many kyrotech it needs

To make it usable? Oh lots and lots and lots, I'm sure...

You new around here? :P

• MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Nihion wrote: »
    When GK on a Padmé team defeats the bugs:
    Hello there!

General Grievous be like:
    GENERAL KENOBI!!!

Before Grievous tears them all a new **** at g13.
  • Wait do we really need a new b-tier character with two zetas though?
  • Wait do we really need a new b-tier character with two zetas though?

If you don't want him then don't get him :) I won't be.

Because I don't need a new B-tier character with two zetas :)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Wait do we really need a new b-tier character with two zetas though?

we will probably need brood to get wat tampor (or what ever his name is). Whether the zetas are required remains to be seen.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

we will probably need brood to get wat tampor (or what ever his name is). Whether the zetas are required remains to be seen.

This. I will most likely want Wat Tambor for my Separatists, and if the zetas are required to beat the hardest tier(probably) then yeah. Steep price for a Padme counter. My zeta back-log is already killing me.

But the deeper issue here is that we have another(!) b-tier character that requires 2 zetas in order to work. If this is the new standard, then we will need a lot more zeta mats. Twice as many zeta mats, to be somewhat precise. And honestly I don't see CG giving us twice as many zeta mats.

• And honestly I don't see CG giving us twice as many zeta mats.

After everything we've learnt in the last few months - they're not about to give us anything...

Which is fair enough...they're a profit-making enterprise. People need to understand that, for their own sanity and peace of mind.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

This. I will most likely want Wat Tambor for my Separatists, and if the zetas are required to beat the hardest tier(probably) then yeah. Steep price for a Padme counter. My zeta back-log is already killing me.

But the deeper issue here is that we have another(!) b-tier character that requires 2 zetas in order to work. If this is the new standard, then we will need a lot more zeta mats. Twice as many zeta mats, to be somewhat precise. And honestly I don't see CG giving us twice as many zeta mats.

at this point it's all still speculation. Maybe the team is very solid, maybe the zetas won't be required for wat tambor. We will see.
    On the plus side, we do get 6 guaranteed zetas now from the challenges. Omega shortage incomming? ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!