Kit Reveal: Geonosian Brood Alpha

Replies

• Where are sandmans' rework or new characters?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I'm curious if the bugs are excluded from the protection update to old toons in the upcoming title update because of Brood Alpha's leader ability.

+15k protection is close to what these existing bugs need to be more in-line with the rest of the game
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I'm curious if the bugs are excluded from the protection update to old toons in the upcoming title update because of Brood Alpha's leader ability.

+15k protection is close to what these existing bugs need to be more in-line with the rest of the game

They're not on the list.

• CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    FINAL TEXT: (...) Summon a Geonosian Brute to battle if the ally slot is available, or if a Geonosian Brute is already present, he gains Critical Damage Up and Offense Up for 2 turns.
    (...)

I hope this final text isn't really that final because the above sentence is a grammatical nightmare. I can deduce the meaning, but it's really painful to read. Just take out the subclause to see what I mean. How about:

"Summon a Geonosian Brute if a free ally slot is available. Only one Brute can be active at a time. Then, the Geonosian Brute gains" etc.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    FINAL TEXT: (...) Summon a Geonosian Brute to battle if the ally slot is available, or if a Geonosian Brute is already present, he gains Critical Damage Up and Offense Up for 2 turns.
    (...)

I hope this final text isn't really that final because the above sentence is a grammatical nightmare. I can deduce the meaning, but it's really painful to read. Just take out the subclause to see what I mean. How about:

"Summon a Geonosian Brute if a free ally slot is available. Only one Brute can be active at a time. Then, the Geonosian Brute gains" etc.
    Crumb version is better
  • Nihion wrote: »
    It would be nice to see some of this stuff spread around existing Geonosian units rather than just giving this new one all the mechanics. You could still make him a vital part without giving him single target dispel, mass dispel, mass cleanse, mass assists, mass healing, mass health equalisation, passive assists and flat geonosian buffs.

Where’s the money in that?

You'd still need alpha for his leadership and his abilities to make the team work.

What they did with Imperial Troopers and Bounty Hunters were amazing; that's what reworks should look like.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    It would be nice to see some of this stuff spread around existing Geonosian units rather than just giving this new one all the mechanics. You could still make him a vital part without giving him single target dispel, mass dispel, mass cleanse, mass assists, mass healing, mass health equalisation, passive assists and flat geonosian buffs.

Where’s the money in that?

You'd still need alpha for his leadership and his abilities to make the team work.

What they did with Imperial Troopers and Bounty Hunters were amazing; that's what reworks should look like.

I was mostly joking, but you’re right, I love that kind of faction makeover too.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    (...)

Crumb version is better

Maybe I'm misreading it. Does the brute only gain crit damage and offense up if he was already present? Either way, the sentence ought to be rewritten. You should be able to remove a subordinate clause without creating any grammatical problems or changing the meaning in the main clause, which is most definitely not the case here. If it's already confusing in English, it's bound to cause problems in localized versions.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    (...)

Crumb version is better

Maybe I'm misreading it. Does the brute only gain crit damage and offense up if he was already present? Either way, the sentence ought to be rewritten. You should be able to remove a subordinate clause without creating any grammatical problems or changing the meaning in the main clause, which is most definitely not the case here. If it's already confusing in English, it's bound to cause problems in localized versions.
    Yes. Grammar isn't my strong suit but I think its fine as is.

There are two things going on:

>Ally slot is available
    >Summon brute

>If Ally slot is being used by Brute when using this ability
    >Only Then Brute gains CD Up + Offense up for 2 turns

There are few issues with your reworded statement, "... If a free ally ..." There is only one ally slot so the usage of the makes more sense than 'a' which implies many

Its a given that you can only summon one brute since only one ally slot exists. So the second sentence is unneeded and it implies that in mirror matches you cannot have more than one Geonosian Brute which would be incorrect.

The third problem is order of operations, you are saying that GBA summons Brute and then gives him CD + Offense up, which is not how it works. (see point 2 above)
  • Wait do we really need a new b-tier character with two zetas though?

After playing super robot war with aura battler dunbine...i am going to get the team no matter they are team B or F.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    First generic character with a leader ability. Yet Malak, boss of KotOR, leader of Sith armies, doesn't get a lead. Lore wise, this game is getting weirder and weirder.
  • So can we summon a brute in grand arena and squad arena? I am wondering because the ally slot is not available there.
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    So can we summon a brute in grand arena and squad arena? I am wondering because the ally slot is not available there.

I'm unclear on it as well
  • Anyone worried if there is a 16500 gp min for geos to do special that unless you whale out on brood to 7* you wont be able to do the mission even with 4 x gr 12 current geos?
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Anybody know how this character will be released? Marquee? Where to farm?
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    So can we summon a brute in grand arena and squad arena? I am wondering because the ally slot is not available there.

I’m 99.9% sure you can.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    (...)

Crumb version is better

>Ally slot is available
    >Summon brute

There are few issues with your reworded statement, "... If a free ally ..." There is only one ally slot so the usage of the makes more sense than 'a' which implies many

Its a given that you can only summon one brute since only one ally slot exists. So the second sentence is unneeded and it implies that in mirror matches you cannot have more than one Geonosian Brute which would be incorrect.

The third problem is order of operations, you are saying that GBA summons Brute and then gives him CD + Offense up, which is not how it works. (see point 2 above)

3 what happens when you summon a Brute while borrowing an ally?
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    (...)

Crumb version is better

>Ally slot is available
    >Summon brute

3 what happens when you summon a Brute while borrowing an ally?

it doesnt summon
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »

I think it will sort of be like snowlo, and that other character will be like rolo.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »

Only way to acquire is with credits.

Sorry.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Ninjah9 wrote: »

Only way to acquire is with credits.

Sorry.

I hope by credits you mean dollars, spending all this time on the forums and I invested in KMB. Should see a nice return!
  • Lol.
    Cant wait this guy arrives.
  • Taunt won’t really matter too much. every hit they take they equalize health

Which means that the geonosian brute is gonna keep healing to near full health constantly, especially considering that he also will have 50% lifesteal and the protection recovery on his basic, that and it's possible that when he counters all allies may assist as he counters using his basic ability, which means that the entire team will equalize and then heal a bit.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    So he's farmable now in cantina, any idea when we might see what gear he needs (ie, how muxh kyrotech)? swgoh gg doesn't have brood alpha listed yet
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    kalidor wrote: »
    So he's farmable now in cantina, any idea when we might see what gear he needs (ie, how muxh kyrotech)? swgoh gg doesn't have brood alpha listed yet
    Zero kyrotech needed according to McMole

Still waiting to see his gear requirements on swgoh. Should be on there soon
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member

Its up.
    He needs 100 kyrotech shockprod for G12 finisher.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Its up.
    He needs 100 kyrotech shockprod for G12 finisher.

Yep https://swgoh.gg/characters/geonosian-brood-alpha/gear-list/

Also, it looks like Wat needs two of the 50/50 Kyrotech pieces, then the standard 100 for the finisher.

Neither gear requirements are too awful.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Yeah, not too bad. A little stun gun heavy, but that seems to be par for the course now. I'll take that over the kyros.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m