Why it doesn't feel like we are getting more carbs

Prev13456
2 years ago there was little reason to get characters outside your arena team above g8. Since then TB, TW, the sith raid, and harder events have made characters below g11 nearly worthless. And that's without even looking at how recent character releases have focused heavily on using the most in demand gear pieces.
My personal thought is that for players (including myself) it doesn’t feel like we actually increased the amount of Mk 3 Carbanti Salvage earned because we did this all passively. I tend to just open up my inbox message and press claim for my rewards, so I am guilty of not paying full attention to these passive sources

Uh, no. It feels like the drops haven't increased because demand has increased just as much, if not more. To say that the gear crunch has been eased but we players can't perceive the difference is just demeaning.

There have been times in the past when I felt upset with the dev's posts, but this is the first time I've felt personally insulted. So grats on breaking new ground Cyanides.

Also,
Spending energy to farm gear is core to SWGOH, and we don’t have any plans on changing that.
Seriously, what game are you playing? Energy is primarily for farming shards, not gear.

Replies

• joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    Options
    100% agree
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Depends on where you stand. I don't have many shards left to farm.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    The return on gear is worse than character shards. Energy for gear is terrible.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Energy is primarily for gear and shards, and I don't think Cyanide is wrong about increased sources of Carbanti's. We've had 3 weeks of Carbanti's in weekly shipments, which adds to his point
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Sounds nice..
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Energy is primarily for gear and shards, and I don't think Cyanide is wrong about increased sources of Carbanti's. We've had 3 weeks of Carbanti's in weekly shipments, which adds to his point

I'm agreeing that we get more carbs now. The point is that we also need more.
  • Options
    Darth Malak alone requires 200 Carbantis. Absolutely ridiculous
  • Options
    Im fairly new and just unlocked GK. I had 100 Carbantis and used them to get him to G8. I need 200 more to get him to G9. FML lol
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

I'm agreeing that we get more carbs now. The point is that we also need more.
    We need more and we are getting more, so I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't think its healthy for the game to be at a point where we always have carbs readily available like how the holo lens is now but we have the option to do so

We are getting two new currencies -- and soruces -- GAC Store and GET2 store, yes, there are more valuable items than Mk 3 carbs there, but you can essentially eliminate Carbanti bottleneck if you dedicate all your currency to just carbanti's over everything else (shard shop, Guild Store, GET store, GET2, GAC Store)

We need more, but we have the ability to obtain more
  • Options
    I think trying to farm any character from LS/DS nodes that is not NEEDED for an event is probably not a wise investment in energy at this point.

I'm new to the game, only 2.5 months in, but from what I've seen so far I've made a "fairly" small list of characters to farm from L/D/F-Hard nodes & won't be bothering with anyone else.

1. Early game is Sabine at 60 energy/day to be able to open Phantom later but probably a max of 4* her.
    2. As soon as the JKR Nodes open up you devote 80/day to each of them.
    3. FO-TP is also on that list & supplement with the rare Fleet Currency Purchase.
    4. As some of the above hit 7* then switch over to the DR trio.
    5. The Rey/Falcon combo node is also needed once the JKR trio is done.
    6. Slave-1 & TAX1 are both solid in Fleet Hards with those Revan 2nd nodes.
    7. Finally the BH Ship nodes, Ewoks, & Bosk are a must for the Falcon/Chewie/3PO events.

Outside of the above, I have not found anyone that I will farm & all the rest of my gold & blue energy goes to gear now.

I tried doing to many of the above all at once & had to trim it back.
    Now I only do the Fleet/JKR nodes & the DR/Rest/BH nodes are on hold so I can still try for more gear.

I'm sure there is more out there, but so far it seems like only 3-5 characters at a time is all you can do or fall behind on gear. So I mostly skip all of them & just hunt the event required folks, even if that means using a less than perfect choice in a group.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Well...I think he's right. My own experience reflects this. The thing is carbanti never ceased to be a bottleneck. It's just that other bottlenecks took precedent and you need more of them.

Does this have any outcome? Yes, I don't constantly buy carbanti anymore from various shipments because primarily yellow balls and stun gun pieces themselves bottleneck me from using carbantis...stun cuffs to some degree. I get so few stun guns, so I can sink in the full gear because of it all the time.

Bear in mind none of this would be a problem if I spent. I have to make do with arena crystals and all the stores.

Here's the remaining amounts of these infamour gear I need:
    al3p4zg3zq4g.png
    td730nwglk8w.png
    ddcesdg4c8ad.png
    b0kwyp3bqv4b.png

If your own ratios of needs doesn't correlate with mine (I don't mean the amounts, just ratios) that may have to do with our terms of playing. At different veterancy levels, a players needs shifts focus.
  • Options
    I think trying to farm any character from LS/DS nodes that is not NEEDED for an event is probably not a wise investment in energy at this point.

I'm new to the game, only 2.5 months in, but from what I've seen so far I've made a "fairly" small list of characters to farm from L/D/F-Hard nodes & won't be bothering with anyone else.

No offense, but I don't think you are far enough into the game to have an informed opinion on this. You haven't seen how influx of gear from shops compares to the rate of character acquisition, and you haven't experienced just how long it takes to do a hard node farm. You need to hit them waaay in advance of needing the character unless you're willing to spend a lot of crystals accelerating the farm. My advice to you is focus more heavily on the character farms. Also, your list is missing some extremely valuable characters like Mother Talzin, zombie, Sion, and Nihilus,
  • Options
    We need more and we are getting more, so I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't think its healthy for the game to be at a point where we always have carbs readily available like how the holo lens is now but we have the option to do so

So you agree with me that the carb crunch, and gear crunch as whole has not been eased substantially, despite Cyanides post suggesting otherwise. Thanks for clearing that up.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

So you agree with me that the carb crunch, and gear crunch as whole has not been eased substantially, despite Cyanides post suggesting otherwise. Thanks for clearing that up.

What his post says is true, they significantly increased the amount of carb salvages we get. What you refuse to see out of frustration and expectation for carb wall to disappear is that the other things took precedent over carbs.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

Sounds nice..

It is.

I throw my 5 attempts at some of my remaining farms, then the rest goes towards the new gear.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

This is 100% true.....with the decrease of marquee releases I really have no characters to farm that I need so most of my energy goes to gear. Now for players still climbing it's a whole different picture but there is light at the end of the tunnel
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

gear crunch as whole has not been eased substantially, despite Cyanides post suggesting otherwise

I disagree with this. The only way an increase in ways to get gear could be offset by adding more characters is if you're trying to gear every character at once. If you need 50 Carbanti Salvage today you'll acquire them faster today than you could have a year ago. Sounds like things have been eased a bit.

• JemySunsquisher
    102 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    I disagree with this. The only way an increase in ways to get gear could be offset by adding more characters is if you're trying to gear every character at once. If you need 50 Carbanti Salvage today you'll acquire them faster today than you could have a year ago. Sounds like things have been eased a bit.

So you don't think in game requirements for high gear level characters as a whole has increased significantly in the last 2 years?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    This chart reads very easily. The mark of carbanti inflow has been %50 more one year than the year before it. That's not 3x-4x but the overall economical impact is rather significant.

fonolewchhkj.png
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

So you don't think in game requirements for high gear level characters as a whole has increased significantly in the last 2 years?

I don't know what you're asking here. There are many in game requirements. If you mean for pre G12 gear then no. There has been no increase in the last two years. **Unless** you're trying to gear up more characters in the G8 to G11 range than you were 2 years ago.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Just going by eye sight (starting from the point of steep increase towards the end) the carbanti inflow has been %75 more from that first year for the last 4 months.
  • Options

I don't know what you're asking here. There are many in game requirements. If you mean for pre G12 gear then no. There has been no increase in the last two years. **Unless** you're trying to gear up more characters in the G8 to G11 range than you were 2 years ago.

Of course I am. Everyone is. 2 years ago g8 characters could clear all the events. Now they can only clear events that are 2 years old.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

Of course I am. Everyone is. 2 years ago g8 characters could clear all the events. Now they can only clear events that are 2 years old.

That's silly. Don't try to gear up every character then. Work on a few at a time. 5 or (preferably) fewer for one squad. You'll probably find that going from G8 to G11 on a single character is faster now than 2 years ago. I know I do.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    If you wanna make the argument that they completely need to bring down carbanti wall or they need to give us 4X more carbantis, then make that argument. Currently you are going off a false premise and accusation.

sycqpykxhude.jpg

• Options
    That's silly. Don't try to gear up every character then. Work on a few at a time. 5 or (preferably) fewer for one squad. You'll probably find that going from G8 to G11 on a single character is faster now than 2 years ago. I know I do.
    I'm going to give the benefit of doubt and assume you're not trolling me here...

I agree that gearing up an individual character has gotten easier. However the newer events and game modes require us to have many more high gear characters than were necessary two years ago. We may have 50% more carbs now, but the need for them has increased by more than 50%. That is the main point of my post.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Another experience slice; currently I have 6 toons to gear to 12 on my development band. All are bottlenecked with stuff that's not carbanti. I have a pile of 139 carbantis. That's miniscule, but it keeps on adding since I can't use them right now unless I get enough stun guns anyway. Carbantis are accumulating like that for me all the time just like what I'm experiencing right now.

If you are trying to bring too many toons up at the same time, you're doing it wrong. That's a play style that will hurt you and has little to do with what game provides you.
  • JemySunsquisher
    102 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    If you wanna make the argument that they completely need to bring down carbanti wall or they need to give us 4X more carbantis, then make that argument. Currently you are going off a false premise and accusation.

sycqpykxhude.jpg

I'm not making that argument. I'm saying that the dev post suggesting gear crunch has been eased in the last 2 years is disingenuous. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with the chart here, but I have already explained several times why I believe the gear crunch has gotten worse despite increased availability of carbs.

Your lines are also making the assumption that the bottom of the chart is 0 salvage, but without any notations shown it could easily be 20, 40, or any other number.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    I'm going to give the benefit of doubt and assume you're not trolling me here...

I agree that gearing up an individual character has gotten easier. However the newer events and game modes require us to have many more high gear characters than were necessary two years ago. We may have 50% more carbs now, but the need for them has increased by more than 50%. That is the main point of my post.

I guess I don't get the point. They are always going to add more characters. This doesn't really have anything to do how you're going to feel about an increase in gear availability. How you use that gear does. Gear fewer characters at once and you'll feel better about it.

For context, my bottleneck is, as others have said, at the stun gun salvage and biotech implant (both pieces). I often use a Carbanti or two on other characters while trying to get 50 stun gun salvage for a character I'm actively gearing. I also sometimes have over 200 Carbanti Salvage because the characters I'm gearing are past that bottleneck.

While Cyanides didn't mention it I'd guess the stun gun salvage is considered to be in that G12 tier (needed to get a character to G12) because of how often it shows up at G11.

In short, if a character needs just a Carbanti and not a Stun Gun that uses a Carbanti I'm pretty happy because those come quickly now.
  • Options
    Misrepresents my argument again.

I give up.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    OP should learn from the MasterHoarder Edward. You know how many full Carbantis he has unused?