Badstila's speed

Drewbee
50 posts Member
I still run CLS rebels with zeta lead. I Shoot First on the enemy Badstila (speed 227) and expect to have my CLS go next (speed 265). Instead Badstila goes next and the rout is on.

Can someone smarter than me break down the math considering the TM from CLS lead mechanic and the DRevan/Badstila combo and help me find what the speed relationship would be for my CLS to go before any Badstila.

Replies

• Maybe because revans leadership gives speed for debuffs and since you stun her that is converted to ferocity which becomes speed? That's the first thing that popped into my head at least
  • I’ve never tried that match up.
    But, Han shots and stuns which adds 15 speed to dark Bastilla.
    Chewbacca assists and adds tenacity down for another + 15.
    C3pO adds two chances to expose one of which will add 15 speed.
    Should be + 45 for the opponent’s Bastilla.
    Read D Revan leader to fact check.
    If your Luke is +46 over her, I think he’ll always go before her.
  • Drewbee
    50 posts Member
    But how does the resist of the stun and the possible resist of Chewy's Tenacity Down affect the whole equation based on CLS lead? Doesn't 5% turn meter equal a one time shot of 50 speed towards the next turn?
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Drewbee wrote: »
    But how does the resist of the stun and the possible resist of Chewy's Tenacity Down affect the whole equation based on CLS lead? Doesn't 5% turn meter equal a one time shot of 50 speed towards the next turn?

The stun doesn't get resisted. The stun happens, but due to DR's leader ability whenever a Sith Empire toon is stunned, they immediately cleanse that stun and gain 1 stack of ferocity for it. Tenacity down can't get resisted. That leaves you with 3 possible exposes to get resisted. Turn meter doesn't move in ticks so theres no such thing as just getting 50 speed towards your next turn. You simply fill your turn meter bar by 5%. Because CLS would be starting at 0% TM before the interaction theres 4 different possibilities for what happens:
    No exposes are resisted - 0% TM gain, 1 expose resisted - 5% TM gain, 2 exposes resisted - 10% TM gain, all 3 exposes resisted - 15% TM gain.

No exposes resisted: Dark Basty gets +45 speed for 1 stack ferocity, 1 expose, 1 tenacity down, so she's at 272 speed, CLS is still at 265 speed, both at 0% TM, basty outspeeds CLS.
    1 expose resisted: Dark basty @ 272 speed if the last expose was not the one that was resisted (If the last one was resisted she's at 257 speed, but that's unlikely and if that's true the 5% TM gain wouldn't even matter as she wouldn't outspeed CLS). 265/.95 = 278 effective speed for CLS after the 5% TM gain, so if at least one Expose is resisted CLS should outspeed her.
    Not gonna bother doing the rest of them out as CLS starting with 10%/15% TM will easily outspeed Basty.

Basically you need Dark Bastila to resist at least one of your 3 exposes (2 from Han and one from chewie). However it is highly unlikely that she resists after Chewie applies tenacity down, if you want to get as much TM gain out of it, steer clear from potency on Han's mods.
  • Drewbee
    50 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

The stun doesn't get resisted. The stun happens, but due to DR's leader ability whenever a Sith Empire toon is stunned, they immediately cleanse that stun and gain 1 stack of ferocity for it. Tenacity down can't get resisted. That leaves you with 3 possible exposes to get resisted. Turn meter doesn't move in ticks so theres no such thing as just getting 50 speed towards your next turn. You simply fill your turn meter bar by 5%. Because CLS would be starting at 0% TM before the interaction theres 4 different possibilities for what happens:
    No exposes are resisted - 0% TM gain, 1 expose resisted - 5% TM gain, 2 exposes resisted - 10% TM gain, all 3 exposes resisted - 15% TM gain.

No exposes resisted: Dark Basty gets +45 speed for 1 stack ferocity, 1 expose, 1 tenacity down, so she's at 272 speed, CLS is still at 265 speed, both at 0% TM, basty outspeeds CLS.
    1 expose resisted: Dark basty @ 272 speed if the last expose was not the one that was resisted (If the last one was resisted she's at 257 speed, but that's unlikely and if that's true the 5% TM gain wouldn't even matter as she wouldn't outspeed CLS). 265/.95 = 278 effective speed for CLS after the 5% TM gain, so if at least one Expose is resisted CLS should outspeed her.
    Not gonna bother doing the rest of them out as CLS starting with 10%/15% TM will easily outspeed Basty.

Basically you need Dark Bastila to resist at least one of your 3 exposes (2 from Han and one from chewie). However it is highly unlikely that she resists after Chewie applies tenacity down, if you want to get as much TM gain out of it, steer clear from potency on Han's mods.

TYVM for a great breakdown.

If I want to avoid this possible problem in the future if CLS is 46 faster than Badstila then I'll always be good?

You're saying that i essentially lost a few coinflips in a row in order for things to play out as they did. My Chewy and Han only have less than 6 and 8 potency added (34 and 20 total potency), respectively. Badstila also gains 50% Tenacity from unique so it seems I just got really unlucky on this particular fight.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

TYVM for a great breakdown.

If I want to avoid this possible problem in the future if CLS is 46 faster than Badstila then I'll always be good?

You're saying that i essentially lost a few coinflips in a row in order for things to play out as they did. My Chewy and Han only have less than 6 and 8 potency added (34 and 20 total potency), respectively. Badstila also gains 50% Tenacity from unique so it seems I just got really unlucky on this particular fight.

To avoid any RNG just make sure CLS is 46 speed faster than Dark basty yup.
  • Don’t shoot basty first. Go for HK or siT which ever has the highest tenacity as they are generally a lot slower than BF.