Why AA Squad with zVentress in HAAT? Viva la Resistance!

2Next

Replies

• It wasn't very involved, just got the rotation down, rinse and repeat. For P1 I run CLS/Han Solo, and clear it. I mainly wanted to see how Finn/3PO would fair. Now that I have this done I won't try anymore to let others go for top to finish their GK, although there can't be many lol
  • b21tuoepk3o3.jpg

I know this is not the AA squad and it can be tricky in P1, but a great team for raids. Getting daze or 2 stacks of confusion on the sides and confusion on GG makes it easier, Expose means you reduce TM whenever you use a special (zeta lead required) and translation means you can continuously use specials. Finn can stack damage to over 200k per hit. Only kill the sides if you have to in P1, P3 and P4.

Using RJT to call 3PO every time will reduce your cool downs, meaning more specials and more TMR on GG. Once you are past P1 (anywhere from 6 turns to enrage to 1 turn after it). Can be RNG based but with the right mods its not too hard. my mods are listed on my swgoh.gg page if you want to copy them. Not my best but fairly good. Same team (swapping R2 for RT) gets me 9m+ in P1 of the HSTR as well

https://swgoh.gg/p/757594295/
  • It obviously works (your team) But I wonder about R2 10% etc.. might be fun to play with though.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    R2 is the conventional choice. But as you pointed out, it works... wonder the speed difference.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Also R2's smokescreen comes in handy in p4, but that could just be reflex on my part. My Finn was hitting as high as 180k in some phases.

Now that I have the Rhythm down I want to see if I can beat 8.2mil in P1 T6 of STR next.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1887034/#Comment_1887034
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Also R2's smokescreen comes in handy in p4, but that could just be reflex on my part. My Finn was hitting as high as 180k in some phases.

Now that I have the Rhythm down I want to see if I can beat 8.2mil in P1 T6 of STR next.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1887034/#Comment_1887034

That's exactly my recent best with that squad. Post your results if you beat it by any substantial margin.
  • The issue I had with R2 was its harder to use his specials to keep translation up. RT has a single target only damage special which you can spam, and reduces his own cool downs. R2 can either use smoke screen for no damage or burn and run the risk of killing a side droid. makes it harder if the B2 gets to move as the buff immunity is a pest. If you target the B2 with daze with Rey and then land confusion and expose on GG, you can start working on him while getting daze or 2 stacks of confusion on the B1's.

As for P4, I can clear that in 2-3 topples. Once the B2's have daze or confusion its simple to spam specials, No need for the Smoke Screen due to Translation and Secret Intel buffs from 3PO and BB-8. RT his for 60k on his special which is harder than R2. The potency boost is not really needed but that may be due to my mods.

b7ismeb2mnxk.jpg

This is the last HSTR run from a few days ago. I use the same mods and R2 instead of RT for the extra potency due to DN's tenacity boosts.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Ideal mods for ABC

Ackbar - 6x health with at least +50-60 speed. Protection on circle, cross and triangle. 30,000+ protection goal. He can heal his health but can't Regen protection.

Thrawn - 4x speed, 2x anything, go for maximum speed. Ideally +80 or more. Protection on circle, cross and triangle. 25,000+ protection goal.

BB8 - 4x speed, 2x anything, go for maximum speed. Same as Thrawn, +80 or more. I use health on circle and triangle, protection on cross but that's more for P1 STR and I don't like moving mods. 25,000+ protection goal. He'll dodge a bunch so his doesn't need to be as high.

Asajj - 4x CD or 4x offense, 2x health. As much flat # offense you can find, with ideally +60 or more speed. CD triangle, offense cross, protection or health circle. She'll stack so much health it doesn't matter which one the circle is.

CLS - just go for super high speed. He's your primary TM removal for P3. The faster he is the easier and faster the phase goes by.

Once you have the mods set up, it's all about figuring out the mechanics.

The biggest gotcha:

Don't use Fracture after Ackbar used Tactical Genius. It'll waste the Fracture completely. Just use Thrawn's basic and try to time TG so BB8 can use Covert Data Transfer twice in a row.

Second biggest:

Asajj will be using her basic almost all the time, so make sure every time it's off cooldown you use her healing move even if she doesn't need it. It will refresh her Secret Intel buff so the cannon (P3) or air strike (p4) don't take her out in one shot.

Thrawn is your primary healer, pass turns to whoever lost protection from a big hit from the cannon.

Need to revisit mods for them I think as lost AA midway thru P3. That's fine (helpful even) but cannon just kept targeting GAT so lost him too. By phase 4 bb8 weak and then game over.
    Current mods:
    CLS (g12, 5x6dot mods). Speed set, pot arrow speed with speed primary and pot Tri for cd (the only 5dot mod). Speed 220, cc48%, offense 3534
    GAT (g10). Speed set with pot square and circle. Mostly protection, health, defense focus. Speed 189.
    AV o set and focus of secondaries everywhere. Health arrow for speed and health triangle for cd. Speed 157, offense 2644, cc 42%.
    Bb8 (g10) speed set and tenacity arrow for speed and triangle for cd. Speed 208. Other secondaries for health and protection.
    AA (g10) same set as BB8 but with speed focus on secondaries. Speed 192, offense 2457, cc 21%.

I use GAT as my primary fleet commander, so should I drop the speed off AA for improved survivability- health, prot, etc as sets and primaries? Should I max GAT speed?
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Are your protection numbers on AA, BB8 and Thrawn close to the 25-30,000? If they are and you're still losing one of those three during your runs it's probably down to not enough speed.
  • Just overhauled the mods. Gave most of my AA set to GAT: now 221 speed 31k prot. BB8 kept as is 208 speed 25k prot. AA rethought entirely, now 2 health sets and a potency set for 33k protection, speed culled to 128
  • See if it worked in the next run. Gear farm continues in background
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Yeah the protection increases recently have helped. Can probably pull it off at slightly lower gears now. First time I got it to work I was a mix of g9-11 ish.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Here is my recent best. From 12% (IIRC) in P1 through P4. I have since added the final zeta to C3PO.

oh1td1z8szpz.png
  • Check out Finns 3rd skill shot damage :)

p5vo00lky4ss.png