Zeta problem?

Prev13
Haven’t had a zeta in over 3 weeks. So nothing on any of these challenge days, and with new TW or GA running I haven’t zetad a character in approx a month. This is becoming ridiculous, especially with the zeta events (nightsisters and ewoks) being down to 1 day instead of 2. Zetas are becoming a real problem for me.

Replies

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Work on your fleets
  • I’m top 50. I do not enjoy ships, the worst part of the game for me. Difference between top 5 and top 50 is minimal. I top every other mode but I won’t invest in ships, I find it boring.
    And still doesn’t solve the zeta issue
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's a good thing they just announced the solution to this issue. And, from most of the numbers we have seen, this fix will also be an increase in the income rate.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206309/changes-to-g12-inflow#latest
    Ultra wrote: »
    Work on your fleets

Also this^^^

If you have not placed a zeta on a toon in over a month, part of that blame is on you. Challenges are meant to be a passive extra, not a primary source. Yes there are other things in the fleet store, but it's about striking a balance.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019
    I’m top 50. I do not enjoy ships, the worst part of the game for me. Difference between top 5 and top 50 is minimal. I top every other mode but I won’t invest in ships, I find it boring.
    And still doesn’t solve the zeta issue
    Difference between placing 5th and 50th is that you miss out on a full zeta every 20 days

I wonder how long GA has been down this month?
  • Just because you’re a forum admin it does not make you understand the game. I have never used fleet currency for anything other than zetas, don’t presume how people use their resources.

Secondly, yes they have announced but it’s absolute **** that it’s after double drops isn’t it.

And @Ultra did you go to school? Check your maths 😂😂😂
    Kyno wrote: »
    It's a good thing they just announced the solution to this issue. And, from most of the numbers we have seen, this fix will also be an increase in the income rate.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206309/changes-to-g12-inflow#latest
    Work on your fleets

Also this^^^

If you have not placed a zeta on a toon in over a month, part of that blame is on you. Challenges are meant to be a passive extra, not a primary source. Yes there are other things in the fleet store, but it's about striking a balance.

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    My bad I looked at top 10 since that is where I’m currently placed— you are missing out on 2 full zetas
  • Rosstheboss89
    373 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Get your calculator out. 500 ships mats a day, is 80 days for a zeta. That’s the difference. Don’t come at people with a comment when you don’t have the brain capacity to get the figures right. Good day.
    My bad I looked at top 10 since that is where I’m currently placed— you are missing out on 2 full zetas

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    btlxc59tgbtq.png

You get 1,500 Fleet currency for #5
    You get 1,300 Fleet currency for #50

That’s a difference of 200 Fleet currency if you tried in Fleet arena every day

In 20 days you will have 20x200 = 4,000 more Fleet currency as #5 compared to #50 which can buy you 2 zeta mats

I feel so stupid today I don’t know why i equated 2 mats to 2 full zetas
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Get your calculator out. 500 ships mats a day, is 80 days for a zeta. That’s the difference. Don’t come at people with a comment when you don’t have the brain capacity to get the figures right. Good day.

I'll admit that I can't be bothered to do the math, however the guy's just trying to point out that you can significantly reduce your zeta flow problem by making improvements to your fleet. Whether it's a full zeta every 20 days or 80 days or whatever, it's still more than you're getting now.

A snotty reply like this just makes it clear that you don't actually want a solution to your problem. You just want to be told that you're right.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Just because you’re a forum admin it does not make you understand the game. I have never used fleet currency for anything other than zetas, don’t presume how people use their resources.

Secondly, yes they have announced but it’s absolute **** that it’s after double drops isn’t it.

Work on your fleets

Also this^^^

https://swgoh.gg/p/663661252/

I know a thing or two.

One thing would be that there is a difference between 5 and 50 in fleet.

o669qaaz4jtw.jpg
  • Whatelse73
    2149 posts Member
    My regular arena is packed with 300+ speed Darth Revans and JK Revans. The highest I've gotten is 25th. However, I unlocked Han's Falcon at 5* and that allows me to get 1st pretty much daily.

Even 11-20 in fleet arena gets you 1350 fleet store and 100 crystals. #1 is 1800 fleet store and 400 crystals, which is pretty much one zeta piece a day. Even top 20 is one zeta piece every other day, same as top 50. If you can get top 50, can you get top 10? It is frustrating, but so is a 5 minute long mirror match against another JK Revan team. :tongue:

Though, 2x0=0 is too real. The weekend before double drops I got 6 zeta pieces, the most I've ever gotten in one weekend. So far with double drops I've gotten 4 omega pieces total, no zetas. At the least we're getting 1 for sure each time soon, so that's something.

The omega crunch is just as bad, if not worse. They keep releasing more and more characters requiring bunches of omegas to max out but we aren't getting omegas any faster than we get zetas. (Cantina drops are abhorrant, from the top tier farming I might've gotten 1 in the last month. maybe 3 or 4 from farming vet han and vet chewie from 3 star to 7 star last year, which was a lot of farming.)
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Yea crunch is real. And now imagine you stop play game for 6 months and then come back, if you do that you can pretty much throw your account away and start new one if you want to be competitive because you will never catch up to your shard. I am now at top 500 in both arena and ships without any hope to getting up ever again so zeta/omega from challenges and GA are my main source.

On one thing it is good since i no longer care so much and game does not take so much of my RL time, but one the other hand with little crystal income my progress is like a snail.
  • Yes there’s a difference. But minimal, as for your hoarding would you like a medal? We’ve recently put 7 zetas on a DR team, another 5 on Padme team. 4-5 on separatist droids. 3 on OR to unlock malak in first place. It’s not realistic to keep hoarding whilst trying to win every GA especially when the game shafts you like I have been for weekend on zeta challenges.
    Just because you’re a forum admin it does not make you understand the game. I have never used fleet currency for anything other than zetas, don’t presume how people use their resources.

Work on your fleets

Also this^^^

I know a thing or two.

o669qaaz4jtw.jpg

• Kyno wrote: »

Work on your fleets

Also this^^^

I know a thing or two.

o669qaaz4jtw.jpg

Easy there, Edward.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes there’s a difference. But minimal, as for your hoarding would you like a medal? We’ve recently put 7 zetas on a DR team, another 5 on Padme team. 4-5 on separatist droids. 3 on OR to unlock malak in first place.

You don't need all the zetas on the DR team. Both of HK's and Bastila's zetas are totally unnecessary. You also definitely didn't need any zetas, much less three, on the Old Republic squad if all you wanted them for was unlocking. If you think every character needs every zeta all the time, I have some bad news for you:
    You are bad.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206309/changes-to-g12-inflow

Before we roll out these additional inflows, we are addressing one of the biggest “feel” based changes we can make which is to change the zeta drops from the Ship Ability Materials Challenge rewards from 0-2 to a guaranteed 1 (IE removing the 0 or 2 option). We've heard you loud and clear that it feels bad to get 0 zetas as a reward. We're removing the 0 and 2 cases to ensure a better player experience.

/thread
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Malachi
    78 posts Member
    Zero zeta mats for me during the double drops. Double disappointment.
  • Malachi wrote: »
    Zero zeta mats for me during the double drops. Double disappointment.

Ich auch
  • You clearly know nothing about the game 😂😂😂. Been arena rank 1 for 3 years, never lost a GA match. Pretty sure I ain’t bad. If you’re gonna send for someone with some nonsense, atleast be accurate.
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Yes there’s a difference. But minimal, as for your hoarding would you like a medal? We’ve recently put 7 zetas on a DR team, another 5 on Padme team. 4-5 on separatist droids. 3 on OR to unlock malak in first place.

You don't need all the zetas on the DR team. Both of HK's and Bastila's zetas are totally unnecessary. You also definitely didn't need any zetas, much less three, on the Old Republic squad if all you wanted them for was unlocking. If you think every character needs every zeta all the time, I have some bad news for you:
    You are bad.

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    You clearly know nothing about the game 😂😂😂. Been arena rank 1 for 3 years, never lost a GA match. Pretty sure I ain’t bad. If you’re gonna send for someone with some nonsense, atleast be accurate.

You are bad.

Well if your as good as you say and playing as long as you say then you know the need to be 1st in fleet and you also know drop rates fluctuate but even out in the long run. I too have had 3-4 week droughts of zetas but guess what? I also had weeks of getting 8-10 in a week. Dont be getting upset with others when they try to point this out and help
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    did i not say "/thread" ?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member

Work on your fleets

Also this^^^

Ffs, I personally had no problems with the zeta drop rates. I do occasionally get a double 0 but I far more often get multiple Zetas and because of all the exaggerating and crying about bad rng, now we gotta settle for 1 or even 2 if they are still allowing us to do it twice.

On double drops, 2 days i got 6 each per day and today I got 4.
  • Pjfp
    34 posts Member
    I got 4 zeta mats on double drops today. Maybe the double drops rate is abysmal, but not absolute 0.
  • Pjfp wrote: »
    I got 4 zeta mats on double drops today. Maybe the double drops rate is abysmal, but not absolute 0.

Lucky you, 3 days and I got 0 oméga 2 zeta... Same for 40 of my guildmates... weird
  • The game isn’t just about results it’s about enjoying it, otherwise I wouldn’t play. I don’t enjoy ships, so I don’t invest in pilots therefore I’m not 1st. I could of took a guaranteed 3rd daily from shard ship chat but I left cause I couldn’t Caren less. A zeta every 80 Days isn’t worth playing a game I don’t enjoy.

It was the smart a** replies I didn’t like.
    Kokie wrote: »
    You clearly know nothing about the game 😂😂😂. Been arena rank 1 for 3 years, never lost a GA match. Pretty sure I ain’t bad. If you’re gonna send for someone with some nonsense, atleast be accurate.

You are bad.

Well if your as good as you say and playing as long as you say then you know the need to be 1st in fleet and you also know drop rates fluctuate but even out in the long run. I too have had 3-4 week droughts of zetas but guess what? I also had weeks of getting 8-10 in a week. Dont be getting upset with others when they try to point this out and help

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Zetas are becoming a real problem for me.
    I think this right here sums the thread up perfectly.

Yes, OP, Zeta is a real problem for you given that your major sources for Zeta mats are TW, Events, Weekly challenges and soon to be GAC

But there is another venue that you don't want to explore (ships) so I don't understand the point of this thread. There is nothing to discuss other than you are complaining about your slow rate of zeta inflow. Next time, vent out to your guild about these things and bring stuff into the forum if you are willing to discuss rather than hurl insults or act condescending

The developers have stated last month in a Q&A that they are happy with the zeta flow in the game and have no plans on changing that by making them purchasable
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    This thread has proven that anyone can give themselves a username without it being vetted first.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    And for those who are too clueless to understand the rate in which it costs to get zetas, that increasing fleet position makes little to no difference.

TIL that bigger numbers and smaller numbers are exactly the same, therefore completely eliminating the need to farm anything ever.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes there’s a difference. But minimal, as for your hoarding would you like a medal? We’ve recently put 7 zetas on a DR team, another 5 on Padme team. 4-5 on separatist droids. 3 on OR to unlock malak in first place. It’s not realistic to keep hoarding whilst trying to win every GA especially when the game shafts you like I have been for weekend on zeta challenges.

Work on your fleets

Also this^^^

I know a thing or two.

o669qaaz4jtw.jpg

What you call hoarding, I call early investment in my future game play. By getting ahead in the income early, I have only run into a situation once or twice where i felt like i didnt have enough Zetas to make moves that i wanted to make.

The crystals alone make it worth it, the extra full zeta roughly every 6 months never hurts.