ROLO, what do YOU do with her?

Can you link a squad and state its purpose for you?

Replies

• Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    TB special mission.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I know at one point it was semi-popular to put her with a bunch of attackers and have her deal a quick 500k-ish to Traya in HSTR P3 with basically no RNG. That doesn't really seem necessary anymore with a new loop team showing up every 15 minutes though.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    TB special mission.

This is the only answer.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The only time I've used ROLO outside the TB mission was 3v3 GA with wedge and Biggs. Her 10 hits on 3 enemies(or less) is fun haha.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Once people stop running Hoth territory battles?

Nothing.

ROLO is a difficult to gear unit who is merely mediocre in a way that is very difficult to justify spending resources on. She requires almost as many carbantis as General Kenobi, but does not perform well enough for that to be worthwhile. She doesn't even have good niche uses worth considering like Scarif Rebel Pathfinder does.

She has two special mission nodes in Hoth LSTB which can be easily carried by other, stronger units even if ROLO herself is at G1.

She is part of a P3 hSith team that can get a couple hundred thousand damage out of some scrap attackers, but that's been rendered almost meaningless relative to the effort required compared to modern hSith teams.

People are getting worked up over her because Geonosis TB is either/or, which is more attention than she's gotten since hSith was released, but she's honestly one of the more useless toons in the game. Not actively bad like Bodhi, just... not remotely worth it.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

Nothing.
    I asked because that is what I surmised. I am trying to lead a crit team with her but it seems really bad.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Nothing.
    I asked because that is what I surmised. I am trying to lead a crit team with her but it seems really bad.

Her lead is much better for the TM gain on Resisting debuffs, if you want to run her as lead stack the team with tenacity and play it against something that spams debuffs.
    She used to be part of a decent gimmick team to counter zPalp and co before Traya was released. Needed Chaze and Han and CLS though, would exploit Vader's mass DOT spam at the start of battle for TM gain.
    As someone mentioned above she's great in 3v3 with her 10 hit AOE cuz it's pretty likely that each target gets hit at least twice for the ability block, and she can gain decent TM with her basic combined with Wedge lead.

That being said she requires 450 carbantis and plenty of stun guns, not really worth the gear once you get her to a point where she's no longer a straight liability in the TB special mission
  • TB special mission only...
  • I've never done a thing with her.

See also Imperial Probe Droid.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I could see her being a fun way to get some use out of some leftover rebels you don't really use anymore. Take her in against a debuff heavy team and let them feed you boatloads of turn meter.

Also, it's the non-standard teams that win you GA matches. Everyone pretty much has the major teams - CLS, Nightsisters, Traya, Revan, etc - figured out, and knows what counters what. It's the weird teams that will trip your opponents up because they won't know what to expect. Either they'll underestimate it and put up an L, or they'll play overly conservative and overkill it, burning up a "good" team that would've been better spent elsewhere.

All that being said, her gear requirement is pretty nuts, so I probably still wouldn't bother with her until you're really reaching for stuff to gear up.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    I could see her being a fun way to get some use out of some leftover rebels you don't really use anymore. Take her in against a debuff heavy team and let them feed you boatloads of turn meter.

Also, it's the non-standard teams that win you GA matches. Everyone pretty much has the major teams - CLS, Nightsisters, Traya, Revan, etc - figured out, and knows what counters what. It's the weird teams that will trip your opponents up because they won't know what to expect. Either they'll underestimate it and put up an L, or they'll play overly conservative and overkill it, burning up a "good" team that would've been better spent elsewhere.

All that being said, her gear requirement is pretty nuts, so I probably still wouldn't bother with her until you're really reaching for stuff to gear up.

The thing is I need 10 squads. She is my 8th or 10th squad.
  • @Kyno @Ultra would ROLO's 10 hit barrage benefit from an accuracy arrow? 8 of 10 shots might be evaded. Accuracy arrow 10/10 perhaps? I'm particularly thinking about 3v3 GA.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I'm not sure, since I don't use ROLO at all
  • Ultra wrote: »

I asked you guys because you always seem knowledgeable of the mechanics.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I've never done a thing with her.

See also Imperial Probe Droid.

You're missing the boat on IPD then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

You're missing the boat on IPD then.
    Yeah, I am close to having a GG 88 IPD Magnaguard HK team. I think it will be a useful B team for me. Overtime I will drop HK from it for Droideka. It's just a team based off my roster.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    People usually underestimate Rolo lead, for example C3PO legendary...
    And thats something in GA/TW.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    People usually underestimate Rolo lead, for example C3PO legendary...
    And thats something in GA/TW.
    Unfortunately, the 3PO legendary uses a lot of toons who have better places to be. There is a starck divide between the good Rebels and everyone else, to a point where it's hard to justify sparing anyone good for a ROLO team. Honestly, I'd put together a Jyn/Rogue One team before a ROLO team, especially since most of a Rogue One team are pilots.
    Still not a he.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    5* IPD + Trash Empire toons is great for killing keystone characters on teams.

Maybe when I get 5M GP could build a tenacity rebel team with ROLO that might be fun. Tenacity has been changed since she was released so is a little more viable.

But her gear makes her an absolute luxury toon until you have nothing else to spend it on.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

I asked you guys because you always seem knowledgeable of the mechanics.
    I'm not sure how often her 10 hit special is dodged (its 2% per hit I believe) which is a very low chance that I wouldn't even bother giving her an accuracy arrow but I haven't used her enough times to be able to tell if she misses a lot like you are claiming

Even if she misses a lot, I still don't think accuracy arrow is the way to go given its cooldowns

I'd give her offense (she has stacking offense + gains TM on each debuff or resist) if her unique is zeta'd or else I'd go for speed arrow. I wouldn't use her in 3v3 unless I'm out of toons and was unable to one shot the team. And its very niche and meant to take on empire teams which you don't see often in 3v3 defenses
  • Dwinkelm
    765 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I’ve used ROLO in 3v3 GA

As stated earlier, the 10 AoE hits on three toons is a strong opening.

I typically pair SRP and PL under her. SRP typically revives at least once (if needed) while PL triple-taps and ROLO spams AoE and TM gain. There’s also a ridiculous amount of Crit Chance. It’s a pretty good burst-damage team if you aren’t fighting against daze/shock, Rex lead, or massive Crit Immunity
  • ROLO (L), Hoth Scout, Hoth Soldier, Captain Solo, Vandor Chewie.

What's the point? ...Looks cool.