Replies

• TVF
    36591 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Depends on where you stand. I don't have many shards left to farm.

Nobody cares dude, the guy points out to something most players are dealing with, nobody cares about your whale account

Welcome the true representative of -most players-! How has most players been doing these days?

Struggling with the new gear pieces that are a complete scam. Catching up to legendary farms and struggling with omeg crunch. Pretty much

Cool, then that aligns with CGs intentions. It's not that much about carbantis anymore, there are several other things that took precedent.

I fully agree about the kyrotech btw. It's a secret 11.2k crystals cost per a new toon. It's farmable but farming it doesn't cost less crystals either. So that makes it a pure crystal cost new bottleneck unlike everything else. It would ok if they kept it to hero's, legs, but now they are spreading it everywhere like pepper.

The new piece is the biggest scam in the game because it was advertised as a gear piece to alleviate a crunch but it requires even more crystals and it can't be earned from raids like the pieces it's supposed to alleviate us from. Disgusting

If you are talking about them vs 100-200 more mk3 stun cuffs/mk5 stun guns/mk3 caribanti, then doesnt that prove the point that they are alleviating a crunch?

They do not cost any crystals, you can simply farm them using free energy, if that is something that you feel is important.

Here comes the -freely farmable- cavalry! How many kyrotechs have you finished with free energy so far?

Free energy? I've probably done five full crafted pieces so far but that includes 3x energy refreshes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I fully agree about the kyrotech btw. It's a secret 11.2k crystals cost per a new toon. It's farmable but farming it doesn't cost less crystals either. So that makes it a pure crystal cost new bottleneck unlike everything else. It would ok if they kept it to hero's, legs, but now they are spreading it everywhere like pepper.

I bet you a dollar the kryotech gear shows up in the GAC or TB2 stores.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • JemySunsquisher
    102 posts Member
    edited June 2019

The new piece is the biggest scam in the game because it was advertised as a gear piece to alleviate a crunch but it requires even more crystals and it can't be earned from raids like the pieces it's supposed to alleviate us from. Disgusting

Can you quote the bold part? I don't know of this. Ofc it does the reverse.

Edit: I thought the post had been deleted, but it is here https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/199218/content-update-3-25-2019
    Here's a simple calculation made on assumption.
    1. you will never use your free energy or the 50 refills to farm this gear.

Farming a Kyrotech piece that's sold on the shipments for 1400 crystals comes for 947 crystals if you only use 100 refills (%22 gear drop rates where samplers agree on). Maybe you go with both 100 and 200 crystal refills, then that gets you to 1420 crystals. You end up paying the same as shipments. Hopefully you are not doing only 200 refills or more for this purpose, then you are doing it wrong, just go buy it xD.

Check your math. Following your assumptions 947 crystals gets you 25 salvage, which costs 700 crystals in shipments. Farming kyros with energy is only worthwhile if you do it with the 50 crystal refreshes.
    Post edited by JemySunsquisher on
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Nobody cares dude, the guy points out to something most players are dealing with, nobody cares about your whale account

Welcome the true representative of -most players-! How has most players been doing these days?

Struggling with the new gear pieces that are a complete scam. Catching up to legendary farms and struggling with omeg crunch. Pretty much

Cool, then that aligns with CGs intentions. It's not that much about carbantis anymore, there are several other things that took precedent.

If you are talking about them vs 100-200 more mk3 stun cuffs/mk5 stun guns/mk3 caribanti, then doesnt that prove the point that they are alleviating a crunch?

They do not cost any crystals, you can simply farm them using free energy, if that is something that you feel is important.

Here comes the -freely farmable- cavalry! How many kyrotechs have you finished with free energy so far?

Free energy? I've probably done five full crafted pieces so far but that includes 3x energy refreshes.

Yeah, I debated the costs of crystal farming Kyro's in previous posts. One can easily divide the cost of -only 100- by 2 and assume freebies on top of it that decreases the cost which makes up a new figure of finishing Kyro's worth one single toon. Personally both my freebies and 50 refills are allocated to other things for a while more. Thus I either buy them from shipments or consider farming starting from the 100 refills.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

I farmed them all for both malak and DR
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

They deleted the post, but myself and many others remember it. Here you can see them saying that the post explaining kyrotechs is coming tomorrow.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/199121/preview-darth-revan-s-gear-on-swgoh-gg#latest

But that follow up post is gone.

Farming a Kyrotech piece that's sold on the shipments for 1400 crystals comes for 947 crystals if you only use 100 refills (%22 gear drop rates where samplers agree on). Maybe you go with both 100 and 200 crystal refills, then that gets you to 1420 crystals. You end up paying the same as shipments. Hopefully you are not doing only 200 refills or more for this purpose, then you are doing it wrong, just go buy it xD.

Check your math. Following your assumptions 947 crystals gets you 25 salvage, which costs 700 crystals in shipments. Farming kyros with energy is only worthwhile if you do it with the 50 crystal refreshes.

Hmm yeah, I dunno where I went wrong while calculating. It takes 1894 crystals to wrap 50 salvages on 100 refills. I'll go edit my posts. I never farmed Kyros since I didn't consider it as a good approach compared to saving up crystals. Now I'm assuredly not farming them into the unforeseeable future. Thanks for pointing it out!
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Drop rate 20%
    125 sims to get 25 salvage
    125 x 10 = 1250 energy
    1250 energy / 120 per 50 crystals = 520 crystals

This assumes you don't go past 50 crystal refreshes and you earn zero free energy. Farming is cheaper than buying. The only reason to buy is if you also need to farm shards. Most people do need to, but it's false to claim farming is a bad deal crystal wise.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

*I don't wanna discuss my assumption, I know some folks will argue against it. But I completely disclude a player that simply have nothing else to farm. All peeps use their frebbies, some peeps use their 50 refills for other things that never expires. You can ofc allocate your freebies and 50x for farming it if that's no1 priority to gear at any moment if you are gearing a toon where other stuff is done besides the kyro gear up piece.

I can't find it atm but there was definitely a dev post claiming that the new pieces would reduce the crunch of pieces like guns and eyeballs. And it was definitely a complete falsehood.

I don't mind not having a screenshot. If someone remember it, exact verbiage is enough. I don't question the honesty of anyone as long as it's the exact quote that took place.

There are sometimes things that gets lost in interpretation just like the cause that launched this topic which is a quite bad interpretation of the quote. Luckily we can scrutinise the quote itself.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Drop rate 20%
    125 sims to get 25 salvage
    125 x 10 = 1250 energy
    1250 energy / 120 per 50 crystals = 520 crystals

This assumes you don't go past 50 crystal refreshes and you earn zero free energy. Farming is cheaper than buying. The only reason to buy is if you also need to farm shards. Most people do need to, but it's false to claim farming is a bad deal crystal wise.

That's a big reason and you also always need to farm other stuff too. This is rather a case where you already got rid of all other gear requirements for the toon and you stop everything else to achieve this end, then it's cheaper. And even then that means it's a crystal farm unline Kyno's famous claim "you can do it without crystals" that takes a meager freebies worth 55 days for Shaak'ti.
  • Slippyfist wrote: »
    Im fairly new and just unlocked GK. I had 100 Carbantis and used them to get him to G8. I need 200 more to get him to G9. FML lol

It doesn’t stop at gear 9 either
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »

I farmed them all for both malak and DR

Congratulations sir! They appointed me with the privilege to serve your award.

07s61v69jc6q.png
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    You asked. If you're gonna mock someone for answering, don't ask in the first place.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    You asked. If you're gonna mock someone for answering, don't ask in the first place.

If you are addressing me, I didn't mock you, I mocked someone else's ideology whom is directly addressed as such. If you mean the picture post there was zero mocking intention there, I was just having fun. He didn't put a context how he farmed them. Anyway better use quotes, it's rather confusing this way.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    A post immediately after yours without a quote is obviously directed to you and directed at your post.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    A post immediately after yours without a quote is obviously directed to you and directed at your post.

There are 2 posts, the previous one is where I answer you with quoting you, it makes full sense you may mean that also. Now that you clarified there's no other option.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    DR Kyros take 27.5 days on freebies. Malak takes same as Shark Tea, 55 days on freebies. That's a joint 82.5 days to farm only on freebies. If there's someone that did it this way (Kokie is unclear) my congratulations goes to them.

It's almost the meta span time xD. I wonder how they completed rest of the stuff that goes in there, it may last several metas to wrap up on freebies alone.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    All this Kyro talk seems a little off topic in a thread titled, "Why it doesn't feel like we are getting more carbs".
  • The new Kyrotech pieces were supposed to reduce the amount of other bottleneck gear - and that wasn't true with the Padme release. Shaak TI doesn't seem much better either. But it is also a way to have a steady crystal drain on players to eliminate crystal hoards.

The source for that quote was in the update notes
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/199218/content-update-3-25-2019
    Our goal with introducing these new pieces is to diversify the number of high value gear pieces and reduce the overall need of prior high value gear/salvage, such as Carbantis, Stun Guns, etc. Darth Revan is the first character to use these new pieces, and this process will be rolled out over a period of time as we release new characters.
  • In the
    If you wanna make the argument that they completely need to bring down carbanti wall or they need to give us 4X more carbantis, then make that argument. Currently you are going off a false premise and accusation.

sycqpykxhude.jpg

As I can see there are 5 straight lines before 100% so that’s 20% and not 25% per line which means carbanti have been increased like 75%.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    In the
    If you wanna make the argument that they completely need to bring down carbanti wall or they need to give us 4X more carbantis, then make that argument. Currently you are going off a false premise and accusation.

sycqpykxhude.jpg

As I can see there are 5 straight lines before 100% so that’s 20% and not 25% per line which means carbanti have been increased like 75%.

Hmm I don't understand why you are reading it using the lines. Line 0 is 0 carbantis, or it should be. It's the intervals I count, there are 4 of them, then there are 7 such intervals in the end. Yes for the last 4 months or so makes it %175 after going with a long period of %150.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    All this Kyro talk seems a little off topic in a thread titled, "Why it doesn't feel like we are getting more carbs".

The answer may be: it doesn't feel like we are getting more carbs, because we were farming kyros all day long and didn't notice much else.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Carbs are available in so many places I don't understand why anyone would be farming them.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    The new Kyrotech pieces were supposed to reduce the amount of other bottleneck gear - and that wasn't true with the Padme release. Shaak TI doesn't seem much better either. But it is also a way to have a steady crystal drain on players to eliminate crystal hoards.

The source for that quote was in the update notes
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/199218/content-update-3-25-2019
    Our goal with introducing these new pieces is to diversify the number of high value gear pieces and reduce the overall need of prior high value gear/salvage, such as Carbantis, Stun Guns, etc. Darth Revan is the first character to use these new pieces, and this process will be rolled out over a period of time as we release new characters.

Yeah than they aren't flat out lying but are also very misleading. We previously needed these things and they were avaliable all over the game, now they are replaced by something that can be only crystal bought or farmed. And the amounts needed is similar. So it doesn't help even one smidge. At best it's the same, on most cases it's far worse.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Carbs are available in so many places I don't understand why anyone would be farming them.

They're in some good spots, too--Carth's fleet node, Jolee's dark node, Snowtrooper's node, and Light 8-F normal which also has the mk3 weapon mod that every character drinks by the handful but that people don't complain about as much any more now that you can get 5 for 100 guild tokens.

Hell, for a new player they're even on Farmboy Luke's node so you can stockpile them while you're going for Commander Luke. Heh, I remember when I got Luke and had, like, 1000 Carbanti sensor arrays and couldn't understand why everyone complained about not having enough. Oh, what a sweet, innocent summer child I was then....
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    DR Kyros take 27.5 days on freebies. Malak takes same as Shark Tea, 55 days on freebies. That's a joint 82.5 days to farm only on freebies. If there's someone that did it this way (Kokie is unclear) my congratulations goes to them.

It's almost the meta span time xD. I wonder how they completed rest of the stuff that goes in there, it may last several metas to wrap up on freebies alone.

I had DR fully geared in under 2 weeks..right before malak dropped and malak I finished up his kyros about a week ago but could have done a lot sooner. Just wasnt on a rush to finish being I couldn't take him all the way to g12 till 7*. Only current farms are emperor's shuttle and b-28 bomber. I never go past the 50 refresh and while I dont track my drops religiously I was averaging probably 15 salvage a day
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »

I had DR fully geared in under 2 weeks..right before malak dropped and malak I finished up his kyros about a week ago but could have done a lot sooner. Just wasnt on a rush to finish being I couldn't take him all the way to g12 till 7*. Only current farms are emperor's shuttle and b-28 bomber. I never go past the 50 refresh and while I dont track my drops religiously I was averaging probably 15 salvage a day

With an average drop rate and with freebies involved it takes 1/2 of 27.5 days (both are 360 energy), so yeah 14 days.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ShawDou wrote: »

I straight bought malaks new gear and half for padma, but farmed the rest:
    znzadbq90vfy.jpg

Say what you will, energy is free and they are farmable, if they are a problem, focus a farm on them.

Do you want to see my 200+ stun guns I farmed also?

Anyone saying that he is wrong and energy isnt a primary source of farming gear is wrong. Once I am in a good place with my current farms, I will switch to a prep mode and only farm gear that are the usually suspects for the crunch.

Double drops helped a lot, and the stores for stun guns (the free ones not crystals)
    Anyone with a decent farming plan has refreshes planned using crystals, and most get those crystals from free sources. It's all about planning and managing resources.

If you feel you are being forced to spend any resources not the way you want, then you need to change your plan and make the proper decisions to help alleviate that feeling. Yes that may mean things take longer or you have to stop something you want, but it's all about a balance of effort.

I actually wonder if there is any moderator who is in lets say top 200-500 arena and ships. Where you pretty mach have approx 150-200 crystals to spend per day. At that spot you cant catch up to your shard since each day they get more ahead of you and you cant use crystals for store and material farms because that way you have no crystal left for shards farming for all new meta toons.

Where do you think I started? I think it was closer to 500ish.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    And naturally, being a both arenas topper I do absolutely pay the crystals worth getting these things. Your argument that "there is another way" holds no water. CG naturally intended these things (kyros) to cause huge crystals spending, let's be a bit honest about it.

Choosing to spend crystals on something you dont need to =/= need to spend crystals.

They 100% can be farmed and anyone can do it.

No they are using them to let us focus our energy on something that we dont get "naturally", we can pull other gear from challenges and stores and focus energy on these. This is how you spread out your income to lower your crystal spending and focus it where it is more effective for our personal plan.

But that's just how I do it. You do you.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    And naturally, being a both arenas topper I do absolutely pay the crystals worth getting these things. Your argument that "there is another way" holds no water. CG naturally intended these things (kyros) to cause huge crystals spending, let's be a bit honest about it.

Choosing to spend crystals on something you dont need to =/= need to spend crystals.

They 100% can be farmed and anyone can do it.

No they are using them to let us focus our energy on something that we dont get "naturally", we can pull other gear from challenges and stores and focus energy on these. This is how you spread out your income to lower your crystal spending and focus it where it is more effective for our personal plan.

But that's just how I do it. You do you.

The first line another false equivalency in guise of a non equivalency. I demonstrated how long it takes to acquire them by only free energy. Would you ever advise someone that managed to get DR or Malak try to complete them only using free energy? Shouldn't they take advantage of the top most meta while it's still there? If it's a completely valid way of gearing them as such, then what's the point of sinking an enormous amount of gearing for a full team(which is secondary GA/TW team quality) just to acquire the toon?

Focus? Without kyros in place and the other bottlenecked in their place the player was the deciding factor how to acquire it...besides already acquiring some of it merely by standart actions. It doesn't let anything, it just restricts the means.

As you keep spreading like gospel, it's when you have more means you are able make a choice, less means is outright restrictive and the motivation for doing it is outright obvious. How they advertise it is completely misleading. At the very best it's even to the previous outcome of gearing.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    It wasnt even an issue for me because I was still taking 1st with JKR so I didn't even switch over till malak dropped. I simply dont waste crystals on things I currently dont need. Just a personal choice