Care to comment on how am I doing?

duffmc81
107 posts Member
edited December 2015
Never played one of these types of games before. Been playing for free for about 4 days. At level 32, #2494 in Arena.

Characters are the following, all either 3 or 4 gear level:
  • 3* lvl32 Clone Wars Chewy
  • 3* lvl32 Captain Phasma
  • 3* lvl32 Princess Leia
  • 3* lvl32 Talia
  • 3* lvl32 Jawa
  • 2* lvl32 Jedi Consular
  • 2* lvl25 Resistance Trooper
  • 1* lvl20 Clone Sergeant - Phase 1
  • 1* lvl18 IG-86 Sentinel Droid
  • 2* lvl15 Royal Guard
  • 1* lvl11 Ewok Scout
  • 1* lvl11 Snowtrooper

Feel like I need a few more strong charcaters, and I have to go out and get them, rather than try and make a heroes out of a what I have. Basically not attached to anything below the Jedi Consular listed above.
I read a lot about people buying the $5 Dooku, but my $5 option is Greedo and doesn't seem worth it. So I guess that's not an option for me.
I promptly earn and spend all my resources on building the characters I have, but haven't focused a lot on getting too many shards or increasing star levels. Think I might pivot to focus on that more.
Also -- I seem to always have a ton of credits. Have 500k right now. I seem to be unable to send them fast enough.

Any thoughts or comments?

Having a great time so far!

Replies

• Otar
    252 posts Member
    At lvl 40 you will open Galactic Wars, just go after luminara and trade for your Talia. Keep upgrading your Jedi Consular. That's a very solid team.
  • Otar wrote: »
    At lvl 40 you will open Galactic Wars, just go after luminara and trade for your Talia. Keep upgrading your Jedi Consular. That's a very solid team.

With the risk of sounding dense, what do you mean by "trade for your Talia"?
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    I guessed your team as being:

3* lvl32 Clone Wars Chewy
    3* lvl32 Captain Phasma
    3* lvl32 Princess Leia
    3* lvl32 Talia
    2* lvl32 Jedi Consular

In that case i would go after luminara and switch her for Talia.
  • duffmc81 wrote: »
    Otar wrote: »

With the risk of sounding dense, what do you mean by "trade for your Talia"?

He means you should replace Talia in your lineup with Luminara.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • duffmc81
    107 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Oh word, forgot to mention I had a l32 Jawa too.
  • Credits start to disappear a lot more quickly once you have to promote troops into the 6- and 7-star range, so you'd do well to horde 'em while you can!
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    KitsuAeryn wrote: »
    Credits start to disappear a lot more quickly once you have to promote troops into the 6- and 7-star range, so you'd do well to horde 'em while you can!

Yes horde a much as possible. ......u might think, u have enough, when u start to see ur totals rise above 3 mil.....but I have 1 toon waiting for 6*, anothers for 5* & 4*... all because sid is gonna be 7* tomorrow. ... I leveled some toons that shouldn't of.......thought I was credit rich............but 500k for 6* & 1mil for 7* ,along with 60-90k per lv up grade after lv 55, with a pool of 10 toons I fight with , ADD UP REAL QUIK" :'(
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    edited December 2015
  • YOu would still need to Train Talia, most of the opinions is based on making an Arena Team. Still have to make a Light and Dark team to progress in the Campaign Battles. Just put more in Lumi and don't go overboard on Talia. Make her respectable enough so you can beat the Hard Mode Battles.
  • I'd buy Greedo for $5.
  • I am so reluctant to level up my weaker guys (currently at lvl 10, 12, 20, 25) but they're dragging me down in campaign mode. Think I have to bite the bullet and stop dumping all of my resources into shards right now, and actually focus on getting them better. Then hopefully breeze through some more hard levels.
  • Niminion wrote: »
    I'd buy Greedo for $5.

No. He's not good.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • duffmc81
    107 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm trying to narrow down which new characters to go after. Thinking of starting with (1) Sidious, (2) Luminara, (3) Old Daka.

Seem to make sense based? Basing this on the notion that I'll only really keep using omy lvl 32: Phasma, Jedi Consular, Leia, Chewy, Talia, Jawa.

So bummed I didn't see that $5 Dooku. Ugh!

• duffmc81 wrote: »
    I'm trying to narrow down which new characters to go after. Thinking of starting with (1) Sidious, (2) Luminara, (3) Old Daka.

Seem to make sense based? Basing this on the notion that I'll only really keep using omy lvl 32: Phasma, Jedi Consular, Leia, Chewy, Talia, Jawa.

So bummed I didn't see that $5 Dooku. Ugh!

Dooku is over rated though he does help at lower lvls and ds battles. Go for all three (lumi, sid, and daka) as you will need all 3 (sid for arena/ds, lumi for everything, daka for ds and maybe arena).
    --Nud Stark--