Why it doesn't feel like we are getting more carbs

Replies

  • No_Try
    2922 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    It wasnt even an issue for me because I will still taking 1st with JKR so I didn't even switch over till malak dropped. I simply dont waste crystals on things I currently dont need. Just a personal choice

    I'm not really talking about a particular and single case. Kyno talks about kyros as if they are something -if a player chooses to can only be farmed by free energy- and that's a pretty regular and valid choice overall. You did one toon, two toons(and with 50xs, so your speed was 2x of those farms compared to free energy only), will anyone do everything with kyros on them with only free energy? Generalising from edge cases becomes a folly when someone pushes it too far. I bet there's someone in the world that can run 50x faster than me too.
  • Legend91
    740 posts Member
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/blsmnw/i_did_a_post_about_the_4_most_used_gear_pieces/
    ~20% more Carbs and ~58% more Stun Guns (which also include Carbs) required on newer chars. Also introducing the new Kyrotech gear "to diversify the number of high value gear pieces and reduce the overall need of prior high value gear/salvage, such as Carbantis, Stun Guns, etc." was just another lie to drain out crystals.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kokie
    972 posts Member
    This whole thread is becoming redundant so I believe I will go make some guacamole dip......with fritos
  • No_Try
    2922 posts Member
    Maybe it's time it ends up at "feedback" or some other obscure place where it won't meet a single eye again.
  • Kyno
    20697 posts Moderator
    No_Try wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    And naturally, being a both arenas topper I do absolutely pay the crystals worth getting these things. Your argument that "there is another way" holds no water. CG naturally intended these things (kyros) to cause huge crystals spending, let's be a bit honest about it.

    Choosing to spend crystals on something you dont need to =/= need to spend crystals.

    They 100% can be farmed and anyone can do it.

    No they are using them to let us focus our energy on something that we dont get "naturally", we can pull other gear from challenges and stores and focus energy on these. This is how you spread out your income to lower your crystal spending and focus it where it is more effective for our personal plan.

    But that's just how I do it. You do you.

    The first line another false equivalency in guise of a non equivalency. I demonstrated how long it takes to acquire them by only free energy. Would you ever advise someone that managed to get DR or Malak try to complete them only using free energy? Shouldn't they take advantage of the top most meta while it's still there? If it's a completely valid way of gearing them as such, then what's the point of sinking an enormous amount of gearing for a full team(which is secondary GA/TW team quality) just to acquire the toon?

    Focus? Without kyros in place and the other bottlenecked in their place the player was the deciding factor how to acquire it...besides already acquiring some of it merely by standart actions. It doesn't let anything, it just restricts the means.

    As you keep spreading like gospel, it's when you have more means you are able make a choice, less means is outright restrictive and the motivation for doing it is outright obvious. How they advertise it is completely misleading. At the very best it's even to the previous outcome of gearing.

    The post that started this said they require crystals, this is simply not true. This is akin to the new players need to "catch up". These are things players tend to treat as gospel and then complain about it when they cant "do it all".

    You have in your own posts proven it is 100% false by showing that they can be farmed for free. Any argument about the time it takes and what toon you want to use them on is a personal choice and has nothing to do with the fact that they do not require crystals unless the player chooses to make it that way.
    Other gear has natural sources and can be gained without energy. This being something that can only be gained by energy (or crystals) allows someone the ability to spread thier focus and plan ahead and have gear on farm for whatever they choose. If at any point someone wants/"needs" the instant gratification of gearing a toon right now, sure they will be accommodating, but it will cost them crystals.

    Saying that any gear requires crystals is usually a sign that the player had other priorities or didnt fully plan for (or was surprised by) a current situation.

  • Nihion
    1549 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    This whole thread is becoming redundant so I believe I will go make some guacamole dip......with fritos

    HEY. We aren’t at Frito level yet. I don’t see Balding talking about how whales rule the world, and I don’t see Edwards stash of kyros...
  • The return on gear is worse than character shards. Energy for gear is terrible.

    Not if you spend 4 to 5k a year on this game, right? lol
  • Kokie
    972 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    This whole thread is becoming redundant so I believe I will go make some guacamole dip......with fritos

    HEY. We aren’t at Frito level yet. I don’t see Balding talking about how whales rule the world, and I don’t see Edwards stash of kyros...

    This is true
  • No_Try
    2922 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    And naturally, being a both arenas topper I do absolutely pay the crystals worth getting these things. Your argument that "there is another way" holds no water. CG naturally intended these things (kyros) to cause huge crystals spending, let's be a bit honest about it.

    Choosing to spend crystals on something you dont need to =/= need to spend crystals.

    They 100% can be farmed and anyone can do it.

    No they are using them to let us focus our energy on something that we dont get "naturally", we can pull other gear from challenges and stores and focus energy on these. This is how you spread out your income to lower your crystal spending and focus it where it is more effective for our personal plan.

    But that's just how I do it. You do you.

    The first line another false equivalency in guise of a non equivalency. I demonstrated how long it takes to acquire them by only free energy. Would you ever advise someone that managed to get DR or Malak try to complete them only using free energy? Shouldn't they take advantage of the top most meta while it's still there? If it's a completely valid way of gearing them as such, then what's the point of sinking an enormous amount of gearing for a full team(which is secondary GA/TW team quality) just to acquire the toon?

    Focus? Without kyros in place and the other bottlenecked in their place the player was the deciding factor how to acquire it...besides already acquiring some of it merely by standart actions. It doesn't let anything, it just restricts the means.

    As you keep spreading like gospel, it's when you have more means you are able make a choice, less means is outright restrictive and the motivation for doing it is outright obvious. How they advertise it is completely misleading. At the very best it's even to the previous outcome of gearing.

    The post that started this said they require crystals, this is simply not true. This is akin to the new players need to "catch up". These are things players tend to treat as gospel and then complain about it when they cant "do it all".

    You have in your own posts proven it is 100% false by showing that they can be farmed for free. Any argument about the time it takes and what toon you want to use them on is a personal choice and has nothing to do with the fact that they do not require crystals unless the player chooses to make it that way.
    Other gear has natural sources and can be gained without energy. This being something that can only be gained by energy (or crystals) allows someone the ability to spread thier focus and plan ahead and have gear on farm for whatever they choose. If at any point someone wants/"needs" the instant gratification of gearing a toon right now, sure they will be accommodating, but it will cost them crystals.

    Saying that any gear requires crystals is usually a sign that the player had other priorities or didnt fully plan for (or was surprised by) a current situation.

    Ah ok, your whole argument was only about semantics and you are not interested in the reality of the situation if these were to be only farmed by free energy and the real time scales it involves which is directly associated with the outcomes of doing it that way. Maybe there's indeed a game called swgoh that's played at theoratical level somewhere. I doubt the one we are playing is that game.

    And evidently this has nothing to do with CG trying to invent yet another method to drive the profits upwards, albeit not in a smart and motivational way, just in your face bottleneck which is a badly disguised crystal cost.
  • NicWester
    6530 posts Member
    The return on gear is worse than character shards. Energy for gear is terrible.

    Drop rate for gear is about 20%, drop rate for characters is about 30%. However, gear comes on normal nodes while shards only come on hard nodes, meaning you get twice as many chances at normal gear than character shards. So this is a roundabout way of saying that gear drops are better than shard drops.

    Although when a shard node has good gear on it? Oooooh, now that's the sweet spot.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    13323 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Maybe it's time it ends up at "feedback" or some other obscure place where it won't meet a single eye again.

    You should know better by now.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussions
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    2922 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Maybe it's time it ends up at "feedback" or some other obscure place where it won't meet a single eye again.

    You should know better by now.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussions

    I really don't. My last one ended up in off topic. It can go anywhere depending on mood of someone with a broom.
  • Kyno
    20697 posts Moderator
    No_Try wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    And naturally, being a both arenas topper I do absolutely pay the crystals worth getting these things. Your argument that "there is another way" holds no water. CG naturally intended these things (kyros) to cause huge crystals spending, let's be a bit honest about it.

    Choosing to spend crystals on something you dont need to =/= need to spend crystals.

    They 100% can be farmed and anyone can do it.

    No they are using them to let us focus our energy on something that we dont get "naturally", we can pull other gear from challenges and stores and focus energy on these. This is how you spread out your income to lower your crystal spending and focus it where it is more effective for our personal plan.

    But that's just how I do it. You do you.

    The first line another false equivalency in guise of a non equivalency. I demonstrated how long it takes to acquire them by only free energy. Would you ever advise someone that managed to get DR or Malak try to complete them only using free energy? Shouldn't they take advantage of the top most meta while it's still there? If it's a completely valid way of gearing them as such, then what's the point of sinking an enormous amount of gearing for a full team(which is secondary GA/TW team quality) just to acquire the toon?

    Focus? Without kyros in place and the other bottlenecked in their place the player was the deciding factor how to acquire it...besides already acquiring some of it merely by standart actions. It doesn't let anything, it just restricts the means.

    As you keep spreading like gospel, it's when you have more means you are able make a choice, less means is outright restrictive and the motivation for doing it is outright obvious. How they advertise it is completely misleading. At the very best it's even to the previous outcome of gearing.

    The post that started this said they require crystals, this is simply not true. This is akin to the new players need to "catch up". These are things players tend to treat as gospel and then complain about it when they cant "do it all".

    You have in your own posts proven it is 100% false by showing that they can be farmed for free. Any argument about the time it takes and what toon you want to use them on is a personal choice and has nothing to do with the fact that they do not require crystals unless the player chooses to make it that way.
    Other gear has natural sources and can be gained without energy. This being something that can only be gained by energy (or crystals) allows someone the ability to spread thier focus and plan ahead and have gear on farm for whatever they choose. If at any point someone wants/"needs" the instant gratification of gearing a toon right now, sure they will be accommodating, but it will cost them crystals.

    Saying that any gear requires crystals is usually a sign that the player had other priorities or didnt fully plan for (or was surprised by) a current situation.

    Ah ok, your whole argument was only about semantics and you are not interested in the reality of the situation if these were to be only farmed by free energy and the real time scales it involves which is directly associated with the outcomes of doing it that way. Maybe there's indeed a game called swgoh that's played at theoratical level somewhere. I doubt the one we are playing is that game.

    And evidently this has nothing to do with CG trying to invent yet another method to drive the profits upwards, albeit not in a smart and motivational way, just in your face bottleneck which is a badly disguised crystal cost.

    I am not interested in you arguing that something that is 100% possible and doable, but doesnt fit your system makes it something less than it is.

    They are not inventing anything, they are following the same system they have always used. There is no disguise, the crystal cost is always there for those who choose to spend. After the first introduction players can now plan and be ready. Trying to make something deceitful/evil/or ill intentioned doesn't mean it is.
  • TVF
    13323 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Maybe it's time it ends up at "feedback" or some other obscure place where it won't meet a single eye again.

    You should know better by now.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussions

    I really don't. My last one ended up in off topic. It can go anywhere depending on mood of someone with a broom.

    You're right it can go anywhere, and it doesn't matter where it goes, you'll always find it.

    Forums have structure and organization. I've been on plenty and this is the first one I've seen where people complain about it. Get over it.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    2922 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    And naturally, being a both arenas topper I do absolutely pay the crystals worth getting these things. Your argument that "there is another way" holds no water. CG naturally intended these things (kyros) to cause huge crystals spending, let's be a bit honest about it.

    Choosing to spend crystals on something you dont need to =/= need to spend crystals.

    They 100% can be farmed and anyone can do it.

    No they are using them to let us focus our energy on something that we dont get "naturally", we can pull other gear from challenges and stores and focus energy on these. This is how you spread out your income to lower your crystal spending and focus it where it is more effective for our personal plan.

    But that's just how I do it. You do you.

    The first line another false equivalency in guise of a non equivalency. I demonstrated how long it takes to acquire them by only free energy. Would you ever advise someone that managed to get DR or Malak try to complete them only using free energy? Shouldn't they take advantage of the top most meta while it's still there? If it's a completely valid way of gearing them as such, then what's the point of sinking an enormous amount of gearing for a full team(which is secondary GA/TW team quality) just to acquire the toon?

    Focus? Without kyros in place and the other bottlenecked in their place the player was the deciding factor how to acquire it...besides already acquiring some of it merely by standart actions. It doesn't let anything, it just restricts the means.

    As you keep spreading like gospel, it's when you have more means you are able make a choice, less means is outright restrictive and the motivation for doing it is outright obvious. How they advertise it is completely misleading. At the very best it's even to the previous outcome of gearing.

    The post that started this said they require crystals, this is simply not true. This is akin to the new players need to "catch up". These are things players tend to treat as gospel and then complain about it when they cant "do it all".

    You have in your own posts proven it is 100% false by showing that they can be farmed for free. Any argument about the time it takes and what toon you want to use them on is a personal choice and has nothing to do with the fact that they do not require crystals unless the player chooses to make it that way.
    Other gear has natural sources and can be gained without energy. This being something that can only be gained by energy (or crystals) allows someone the ability to spread thier focus and plan ahead and have gear on farm for whatever they choose. If at any point someone wants/"needs" the instant gratification of gearing a toon right now, sure they will be accommodating, but it will cost them crystals.

    Saying that any gear requires crystals is usually a sign that the player had other priorities or didnt fully plan for (or was surprised by) a current situation.

    Ah ok, your whole argument was only about semantics and you are not interested in the reality of the situation if these were to be only farmed by free energy and the real time scales it involves which is directly associated with the outcomes of doing it that way. Maybe there's indeed a game called swgoh that's played at theoratical level somewhere. I doubt the one we are playing is that game.

    And evidently this has nothing to do with CG trying to invent yet another method to drive the profits upwards, albeit not in a smart and motivational way, just in your face bottleneck which is a badly disguised crystal cost.

    I am not interested in you arguing that something that is 100% possible and doable, but doesnt fit your system makes it something less than it is.

    They are not inventing anything, they are following the same system they have always used. There is no disguise, the crystal cost is always there for those who choose to spend. After the first introduction players can now plan and be ready. Trying to make something deceitful/evil/or ill intentioned doesn't mean it is.

    Trying to candy coat something doesn't mean it's candycoated either. Since you are ignoring half of the argument which brings it home when it's actually done, I don't see the point it of discussing it further.

    I don't consider something done for profit a bad thing. I'm quite positive about several other things that also has profit as one of the primary motivations. I do mind how it's presented and what type of implentation it is. There's zero amount of player side contribution kyros bring on the table while taking out what's already there. And it's misscomunication (sometimes superbly honestly and bluntly) and misdirectional ways CG does it that drives them to a corner.
  • No_Try
    2922 posts Member
    Let's call Kyrotech, Stun Gun MK II that is only farmable and buyable with crystals. Please give me stun guns and yellow balls any day over it.
  • No_Try
    2922 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Maybe it's time it ends up at "feedback" or some other obscure place where it won't meet a single eye again.

    You should know better by now.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussions

    I really don't. My last one ended up in off topic. It can go anywhere depending on mood of someone with a broom.

    You're right it can go anywhere, and it doesn't matter where it goes, you'll always find it.

    Forums have structure and organization. I've been on plenty and this is the first one I've seen where people complain about it. Get over it.

    Neah, I won't only not get over it, I'll also pursue it till the time I'm also broomed away.
  • Kokie
    972 posts Member
    But to the title of this thread, I am getting plenty of carbs today

    0rfzdfxh6gif.jpg
  • Kokie wrote: »
    But to the title of this thread, I am getting plenty of carbs today

    0rfzdfxh6gif.jpg

    That looks delicious
  • No_Try
    2922 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    But to the title of this thread, I am getting plenty of carbs today

    0rfzdfxh6gif.jpg

    Hoard the rest in deep freeze.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Energy is primarily for gear and shards, and I don't think Cyanide is wrong about increased sources of Carbanti's. We've had 3 weeks of Carbanti's in weekly shipments, which adds to his point

    weekly shipments require crystals, which many people don't earn enough of to count as farmable items, they are purchaseable. Thus they do not count towards relieving the gear crunch on carbantis.
  • Alijar1
    180 posts Member
    This is a simple question really, but I haven't seen this answer for it (if it's been said then I apologize):
    We've gotten more sources of Carbantis available to us... But we've also gotten more characters who need them. It's a synchronised growth. More characters = more Carbantis = more sources = more characters etc etc
    The same will happen with the new gear pieces as well. Hopefully
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • TVF
    13323 posts Member
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Energy is primarily for gear and shards, and I don't think Cyanide is wrong about increased sources of Carbanti's. We've had 3 weeks of Carbanti's in weekly shipments, which adds to his point

    weekly shipments require crystals, which many people don't earn enough of to count as farmable items, they are purchaseable. Thus they do not count towards relieving the gear crunch on carbantis.

    3m credits was all you needed, zero crystals.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ottomaddux
    448 posts Member
    edited June 16
    TVF wrote: »
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Energy is primarily for gear and shards, and I don't think Cyanide is wrong about increased sources of Carbanti's. We've had 3 weeks of Carbanti's in weekly shipments, which adds to his point

    weekly shipments require crystals, which many people don't earn enough of to count as farmable items, they are purchaseable. Thus they do not count towards relieving the gear crunch on carbantis.

    3m credits was all you needed, zero crystals.

    That is correct, my apologies I thought she meant a significant amount of carbanati salvage. one fifth a carbanati a week is quite the game changer. No more discussion needed.
  • this is the point that they missed in that post. While they have doubled or tripled the number of carbantis that you can farm, the amount you need has grown exponentially.

    I have a 4.6 mil GP so I have a lot of decently geared toons, but I still have 77 toons that need carbanatis, and not just one carbanati, between 4 and 5 each.

    I can farm about three full carbanatis a week. By that math I should be able to gear my characters in two years, if they don't release any more toons, or add to gear levels.

    that is way too long of a time. [/b]
  • Globuhl
    672 posts Member
    To sum it up, we used to farm characters, now we are farming entire teams at once.
  • TVF
    13323 posts Member
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Energy is primarily for gear and shards, and I don't think Cyanide is wrong about increased sources of Carbanti's. We've had 3 weeks of Carbanti's in weekly shipments, which adds to his point

    weekly shipments require crystals, which many people don't earn enough of to count as farmable items, they are purchaseable. Thus they do not count towards relieving the gear crunch on carbantis.

    3m credits was all you needed, zero crystals.

    That is correct, my apologies I thought she meant a significant amount of carbanati salvage. one fifth a carbanati a week is quite the game changer. No more discussion needed.

    Lol people sure get salty when they make a mistake.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    To sum it up, we used to farm characters, now we are farming entire teams at once.

    "we used to farm characters"

    I don't think this has ever been the case.
Sign In or Register to comment.