Why are some lightsabers so weak?

Prev1
Shouldn’t the weapons in this game be more balanced? I mean how can Thrawn can do more damage with his hands and feet than Eeth Koth and Juhani can do with their lightsabers. Just sayin...

This article is spot on:

https://kotaku.com/lightsabers-in-video-games-are-too-weak-1835533610
SnakesOnAPlane

Replies

• flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    because the game isnt balanced around lore, and true unit strength
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Its just a game
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    And how strong would a lightsaber be if you were wielding it, hmmm?

This game is balanced around characters, not the weapons they wield.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Its just a game

This.

If they followed lure, or physics we would have a pretty rule game that would leave little balance.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    One would think guns would do more damage too. And lightsabers could deflect blasters.
  • I'd hop my toons up on spice and death sticks. I'd own the cantina. If we are going by lore.
  • Not all characters are attackers aka damage dealers. Healers, supporters and tanks (like Juhani) have other roles to fulfill. There has to be a tradeoff for greater survivability in form of less damage output. It's the same as in MMORPGs, where tanks have a ton of health but do precious little damage compared to squishy mages and rogues.
  • The lightsaber is only as strong as its wielder.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Shouldn’t the weapons in this game be more balanced? I mean how can Thrawn can do more damage with his hands and feet than Eeth Koth and Juhani can do with their lightsabers. Just sayin...

This article is spot on:

https://kotaku.com/lightsabers-in-video-games-are-too-weak-1835533610

What is Thrawns blaster is made out of TWO lightsabers hmmm?

Thrawn's limbs are all actually lightsabers of their own fun fact.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Its just a game

No, it’s everything that matters in the world. If I don’t get that #1 payout... let’s just say that I’ve destroyed more than a few phones...
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    The irony of this from someone named after the movie with snakes on a plane...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Honestly Alot can be attributed to skill.

Maybe Barriss Offee was a poor lightsaber fighter and an extremely well trained martial artist like Thrawn could crush her in a fight. Kenobi was a master of defensive combat so he wouldn't go for killing strokes nearly as much. Etc.

It doesn't fit everything and it obviously is primarily for game balance - but much can be attributed to other factors than - "a lightsaber can cut everything so therefore anyone with a lightsaber should kill anyone without one."

Might I remind people that the best Bounty Hunters were regularly employed to murder Jedi (who were causing problems for rich people) and they were quite proud of their kill counts. Cad Bane loved hunting Jedi. But in this game you could say Barriss could kill him in one stroke. While technically true, it's not realistic or intelligent to suggest that Barriss should kill a seasoned Jedi Hunter just cause she has a lightsaber.
  • Mzee wrote: »
    One would think guns would do more damage too. And lightsabers could deflect blasters.

I remember someone bringing up the idea of lightsabers deflecting blaster shots and I always hoped they could implement it somehow.

Maybe a new assault battle or a special PVE only mechanic for lightsaber wielders. % chance to deflect any laser fire, with a % chance to reflect it back on the enemy.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    Some other games as well, like Injustice. Superman getting beaten by regular humans like Batman etc.
    That's following the lore tho
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    The irony of this from someone named after the movie with snakes on a plane...

The real irony is that people are taking SOAP seriously... Have y'all never seen this mans posts before lol
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I dont think anyone took him seriously
  • If you go for the head you should do more than if you go for the legs
  • 8efvuixwszgs.jpg

Not all lightsabers are the same....
  • If we were following pushups, then all lightsaber strikes would kill them in one shot, and the lightsaber welders would just block all attacks.
  • Why is it that in the year 40567 that these ships didn’t have nuclear weapons? I mean, they shoot blasters at ships and toons but why didn’t they have nukes? That would have cleared out some rebel s**m.

Doesn’t make sense.
  • Why is it that in the year 40567 that these ships didn’t have nuclear weapons? I mean, they shoot blasters at ships and toons but why didn’t they have nukes? That would have cleared out some rebel s**m.

Doesn’t make sense.

1) "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away" They are not in the future....
    2) Nuclear Weapons = More powerful than the Death Star apparently?
    3) Ever watch Independence Day? Nukes may not work against energy shields.
  • I can’t tell if this is a troll post or being serious. Some of the responses are also head scratchers.
    A light saber regardless of force powers or not can be turned on and used by anyone, Han Solo on Hoth, GG using 4 in Hello There, Finn in Rey doesn’t know her daddy is Palpatine. And Jedi can be killed by blaster fire, Secura on Felucia, Cone Head by Bacara’s Marines, the Jedi temple massacre.

Nukes are only for Battlestar Galactica.

It’s just a holo table sim on a phone app.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Why is it that in the year 40567 that these ships didn’t have nuclear weapons? I mean, they shoot blasters at ships and toons but why didn’t they have nukes? That would have cleared out some rebel s**m.

Doesn’t make sense.

Even the Empire and the First Order know that poisoning the environment with ionizing radiation is a terrible idea. The Death Star and Starkiller Base are weapons of Green Genocide™.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Why is it that in the year 40567 that these ships didn’t have nuclear weapons? I mean, they shoot blasters at ships and toons but why didn’t they have nukes? That would have cleared out some rebel s**m.

Doesn’t make sense.

Even the Empire and the First Order know that poisoning the environment with ionizing radiation is a terrible idea. The Death Star and Starkiller Base are weapons of Green Genocide™.

This is in the top spot for my favorite post of the day!
  • Why does every post go so weird?
  • This remind me of something my son asked me....spoiler alert, Jango Fett is Boba's "dad".......

If Boba's Fett is wearing Jango's armor, then why when you upgrade Jango's gear, Boba'a armor isn't upgraded at the same time?

When you upgrade Young Han Solo gear, why isn't Han Solo's gear also upgraded? Is Young Han Solo throwing away his gear to become Han Solo?

Sometimes my son is too smart for his own good..... lol
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    And yet c3po dosen’t even hit

... in a mobile game :o