Grey mod slice

If I have a mod with a 5 speed secondary what is the highest amount it can slice to at green? Any help would he greatly appreciated thanks !

Replies

• There's approximately 15% chance that speed increases by 6 giving you you maximum of 11. Since it's possible to have a grey mod with a 6 speed secondary, the maximum secondary speed a green mod could possibly have is 12.

The other possibilities are approximately 30% chance of +5, approximately 30% chance of +4 and approximately 25% chance of +3.

errors on the probabilities are difficult to state accurately but are in the region of +/- 3% since they come from peoples limited tracked results and not from any official sources.
  • So if I have a grey mod that i slice to green and it only bumps +3 to an 8 speed secondary, is it worth continuing slicing or should I sell it ?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    These are the minimum speeds per colour i slice with:
    • grey: 4 speed
    • green: 8 speed
    • blue: 12 speed
    • purple 15 speed
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Altaki1006 wrote: »
    So if I have a grey mod that i slice to green and it only bumps +3 to an 8 speed secondary, is it worth continuing slicing or should I sell it ?

100% a value judgement based on your current mod inventory. If you already have 100s of 10+ speed mods and the other secondaries that mod are rubbish, then maybe not. But the green to blue slice is still not a big resource commitment so I'd probably slice it still.
    leef wrote: »
    These are the minimum speeds per colour i slice with:
    • grey: 4 speed
    • green: 8 speed
    • blue: 12 speed
    • purple 15 speed

This is a good system to have, especially if you are specifically looking for 20+ speed secondary mods. I tend to stick to something very similar to this but make some exceptions such as slicing mods that have lower speed but are offense setbonus with offense secondaries (to take just one example).
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Has anyone actually seen a +6 Grey?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I honestly don’t know if I’ve seen a +6 anything. But I know I’ve seen a mod gain +6 when sliced.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    NicWester wrote: »

I honestly don’t know if I’ve seen a +6 anything. But I know I’ve seen a mod gain +6 when sliced.

+6 on a slice is definitely possible. A base of 6 on a gray is often mentioned, though, and I've never seen one. It's a "my uncle works at Nintendo" kind of thing, I think. One of those weird lies people tell because they think it's impressive for some reason.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

+6 on a slice is definitely possible. A base of 6 on a gray is often mentioned, though, and I've never seen one. It's a "my uncle works at Nintendo" kind of thing, I think. One of those weird lies people tell because they think it's impressive for some reason.

Oh you mean like Malak is going to be on a hard node soon.

Because he definitely is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH