Late Game State and Revenue

2Next

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    DocDoom wrote: »
    LOL okay, I guess all the people asking for more PvE content better not get what they're asking for, because it would take more time. Glad you're here to tell us these things.

It’s a concern that the devs have explicitly discussed. He’s not just making stuff up. There are already plenty of people complaining about the time sink of the game in spite of the fact that they could just choose to not do everything. The fact that there are other people complaining there isn’t enough to do doesn’t change that. People have different preferences and some are completionists who won’t enjoy a game in which they can’t complete everything each day, or will try anyway and burn themselves out and then quit. It’s a difficult balancing act and dismissing the devs’ concerns isn’t helpful.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1822030/#Comment_1822030

drklrdbill: Can we get a practice arena mode?

[NR] We answered this recently in the last Q&A, but our disposition is that we don't want to put in a practice mode. Our theory is that even a mode that didn't have rewards could potentially balloon session time and we think that could ultimately lead to a negative experience for players. The Galactic War is still a place to do a fair amount of this, even though we understand you can't tailor it exactly to your needs.
    [QUESTION: Kifaru12] Can we please have a practice mode for PVP?

[NR] At the moment we have no plans to build a practice mode for PvP. There are two reasons for this:
    1. There are other features that, we feel, are higher impact/priority to the playerbase. We know this is a common request, but we think there are some more "fun" things that we can produce instead. If we ultimately find that we have room and nothing competing in priority, we'd consider picking it up.
    2. A practice mode (at least what we see commonly requested for) would be unbounded in its time commitment (meaning you could play it all the time and unlimitedly). We are aware of the current time the game requests of player, we are hesitant to add more to it at this time.
    3. Having added Simming to Galactic War, we are looking at how much people play through it voluntarily, as it is a leading indicator of how much people want to play something like a Practice Mode.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Those responses address the often-requested sandbox mode, but the point is the same.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1822030/#Comment_1822030

[NR] We answered this recently in the last Q&A, but our disposition is that we don't want to put in a practice mode. Our theory is that even a mode that didn't have rewards could potentially balloon session time and we think that could ultimately lead to a negative experience for players. The Galactic War is still a place to do a fair amount of this, even though we understand you can't tailor it exactly to your needs.

[NR] At the moment we have no plans to build a practice mode for PvP. There are two reasons for this:
    1. There are other features that, we feel, are higher impact/priority to the playerbase. We know this is a common request, but we think there are some more "fun" things that we can produce instead. If we ultimately find that we have room and nothing competing in priority, we'd consider picking it up.
    2. A practice mode (at least what we see commonly requested for) would be unbounded in its time commitment (meaning you could play it all the time and unlimitedly). We are aware of the current time the game requests of player, we are hesitant to add more to it at this time.
    3. Having added Simming to Galactic War, we are looking at how much people play through it voluntarily, as it is a leading indicator of how much people want to play something like a Practice Mode.

Wouldn’t a practice mode also give people the ability to test out characters before investing in them?

I imagine that those that invested in GG as a “counter” to the meta would have loved to test those character in practice before investing. Especially since gear isn’t refundable once equipped...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Wouldn’t a practice mode also give people the ability to test out characters before investing in them?

I imagine that those that invested in GG as a “counter” to the meta would have loved to test those character in practice before investing. Especially since gear isn’t refundable once equipped...

Generally the request for a practice mode is a place to use your own characters to fight against various teams, so you would still need to upgrade them to get a real sense. It’s not like a GC test account.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Imo there should always be those types of risks involved. It boils down to each players take on any of the releases/reworks and their priorities and not if releases/reworks blows everything out of the ball park. Everyone is able to take a wait and see approach or just blindly invest. That makes the outcome worth it.

Ofc my take doesn't involve false promises, bugs or badly expressed mechanics that doesn't do how it's announced.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    I thought Aurra Sing was this big step in a new direction that had amazing potential.

A toon with abilities and zetas that had to potential to be amazing in raids and future raids (people now saying a new raid won't have topple) but not being Arena worthy....

This could have sent things in a whole new awesome direction... People who wanted to beat HAAT and HSTR would be able to get these toons and drop gear and zetas on them to help their guild beat a raid...

I thought more of these toons were going to be the future... raid toons vs Arena toons....

Then JKR came trivialized HSTR, trivialized Arena....god amonst everything.... and now to ensure arena profits keep coming in teams are needed to beat him and then beat that which beats him and so on.....

No reason to invest in a toon for a raid now...

One could say now Aurra was the biggest waste of resources i ever had in the game.... With arena teams being what they are now.... I dont' think I would EVER invest in a toon with raid specialty like aurra again.

Would take a future raid with new characters with raid only specialties to get me to possibly invest money into which just leads us down the rabbit hole of JTR/NS phases of the raid..that will eventually become trivialized by the next big arena toons or something...

seems like it always comes back to revan.... heck he is a QOL improvement when it comes to raids...can't complain about him other than in the current state of PVE in the game..why would we need to spend on anyone else long as he is around :)

That's the hurdle right now for the game...content that revans do not trivialize that needs us to spend on new toons......seems like a crazy hurdle

That's exactly the point. Imo it all started with JKR. Obviously there were other metas that dominated the vast majority of game modes (like JTR, Traya, etc.) but nothing was as game-breaking as JKR. They shot themselves in their knees with the introduction of JKR, because they created this power creep mentality that is making players quit left and right. And the more power creep they release, the harder it will become to keep the game at least somewhat balanced.

Right now arena is the main crystal income in the game for basically all players in the game (excluding in-app purchases obviously), so logically, the vast majority of people would only invest in something that's arena-worthy, because that's where they would get the most benefits from (because who would spend 500 bucks on a b-team except for whales who buy everything anyway).

So what they need to do is either create new modes that require certain characters or factions (and give good rewards so that people would actually be motivated to spend money on it and participate) or they need to make crystals availble somewhere outside arena as well on a daily basis so that it isn't the only thing people are forced to focus on anymore in order to get some value from their investments (this can be combined with any possible new modes obviously).

Basically, they need to come up with something soon, otherwise the power creep will get to a point where it won't be fixable anymore and it will eat their game alive. That's my take on this situation at least.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Checked sensor tower just now. 4M on android and 3M on apple. A joint 7M for May.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Yet another thread shooed away from sight.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Only for those who insist on being blind.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Only for those who insist on being blind.

Is this topic a feedback thread? Am I letting CG know of their revenue?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    That's not my call. You can always PM a moderator to express your frustration, but claiming it's out of sight is inaccurate.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    That's not my call. You can always PM a moderator to express your frustration, but claiming it's out of sight is inaccurate.

Doubt it. You are overextending your rhetoric about forum being orderly to something that's obvious. I have many pm threads about this particular thing, I even elevated it further which didn't get a reply. The rabbit hole goes further than you think.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Well I guess you can keep making posts complaining about it but at some point you have to accept that no one who can do anything about it cares.

Or you can just use the discussions link.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I don't mind, we'll see where it goes. Hopefully I won't be losing more time here. Not sure what you mean about using discussions link, I'm not keeping a memoir for my own. The forum is for conversation.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I mean use this link and nothing is hidden.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussions
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I mean use this link and nothing is hidden.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussions

Uhm, not even sure if we are talking about the same thing. You know as well anything buried away elsewhere in the forums won't be seen. That's how anything even mild is fully avoided. This is about practical outcome. You can talk your way into how it exists anyway and there's no problem. You avoided commenting about how this topic is related to feedback though.

This topic initially came into being after several disruptions and a long discussion to meet the mood and interpretations of certain someone.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I'm not talking about where it's specifically located because

1) I can't do anything about it and
    2) I don't care

I don't care because it doesn't matter where anything is, you can get to everything in chronological order from that link. And the more people know about it and use it, the less the location of things matter.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

2) I don't care

I don't care because it doesn't matter where anything is, you can get to everything in chronological order from that link. And the more people know about it and use it, the less the location of things matter.

Thanks for providing tech support for something you don't care about.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

2) I don't care

He doesn’t care where the thread is located. He cares very much that everybody know about and use the discussions link. Not least because people who use it will no longer have a reason to complain about threads being buried.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

2) I don't care

He doesn’t care where the thread is located. He cares very much that everybody know about and use the discussions link. Not least because people who use it will no longer have a reason to complain about threads being buried.

I understand that fully. A complete user culture change would also resolve the situation. But one has to see there's more ongoing in this traffic than what meets the eye and there are some intentions beyond guidelines associated with it.

One may be not interested in the situation overall and I'm not interested in them not be interested. Reddit people are quite aware of the nature of my qualm (not being a good alternative at all either). Either case, this will be the breaking point for me sooner or later.