TB: both or choose

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Who cares about the definition. The dev post was extremely confusing. I didn’t understand how them running together was less demanding. I didn’t understand there was a choice and it wasn’t both. That definitely needs to be edited for clarity.

Regardless though I’m super glad to be done with one of the territory battles. It was boring. It was long past time to move onto something more challenging. I support this move (so far).
    I can see a lot of people complaining that the game is time consuming when you have to play two TBs at once, especially for guild officers in charge of organizing and managing each phase

I don't think officers need to micromanage the first 3 to 4 phase of Hoth TB at all, even if you are in a decent GP guild imo (150 million GP)

I've seen people complain about Grand Arena being very time consuming (!). Personally, I can handle participating two Territory Battles but I understand where CG is coming from and cannot fault them for it

Or I don’t know...just spitballing here...run them at different times so we don’t lose content? 🤷🏼‍♂️. Just a thought. Making decisions is hard....
    Running them at different times mean:

Geo TB lasts 4 days
    Then a week gap for TW
    Hoth LS TB for a week
    Week gap of TW
    Hoth DS TB for a week
    WEEK GAP FOR TW

Geo TB for 4 days

Geo TB will run every 5 weeks which is bad because of the importance of Mk II GET, it’s new and people having to wait 5 weeks for each subsequent run will be a negative experience

Give the developers some credit. They brainstormed ideas like the rest of us, weighed the pros and cons — it’s not just one guy making all the decisions
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205008/event-calendar-june#latest

Because that’s how it’s always been in the calendar

Preview phase, defense set, attack, review phase and then you have another TW with the same structure so it ends up being a week llng
  • Options
    Would be cool if they cut down both LS and DS Hoth to four days and had a TB and TW every week. So the schedule would look something like:
    • Monday: TW Join
    • Tuesday: TW Defense
    • Wednesday: TW Attack
    • Thursday: Geo Phase 1 / Hoth Phase 1 and 2
    • Friday: Geo Phase 2 / Hoth Phase 3 and 4
    • Saturday: Geo Phase 3 / Hoth Phase 5
    • Sunday: Geo Phase 4 / Hoth Phase 6

Hoth mechanics would change so that Phase transitions would be triggered by officers in the guild. There's no reason those mechanics couldn't persist throughout the entire TB so that a guild can finish the entire TB in a day if they were so inclined, but I digress.

Anyway, compressing the TBs would let you keep a good TW cadence and a good TB cadence and build in time for all three TBs without having them too far apart. You could also build in an off-week per month to both give players a break from fatigue, focus on GA championship rounds, ensure the game economy doesn't get inflated, etc. etc.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think the main reason we don’t see allowing players to move a phase forward is because of platoons. Remember, when a marquee toon was released in Phase 3 of TB son a Tuesday ,
    They would do a game wide server update so that the new marquee toon would show up in Phase 4 to 6 on Wednesday. You can’t do that if players clear all 6 phases by Tuesday
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Beyol wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    They will run simultaneously but the guild's officers will choose which one your guild will participate in. You can't do both Geo TB and Hoth TB at the same time.

Well then your team needs to understand the definition of concurrently.

Actually he said ," run concurrently" , not play concurrently. So their wording is fine, it's your reading and understanding the whole of the sentence.

Oh so your running them both concurrently? You are the only one
  • Options
    I think the main reason we don’t see allowing players to move a phase forward is because of platoons. Remember, when a marquee toon was released in Phase 3 of TB son a Tuesday ,
    They would do a game wide server update so that the new marquee toon would show up in Phase 4 to 6 on Wednesday. You can’t do that if players clear all 6 phases by Tuesday

@Ultra True, true. But that's a practice that could always be stopped. Actually might be with the publication of platoons pre-TB now.
  • Alukai
    29 posts Member
    Options
    I don't like having to choose. My guild is strong enough to do the genosian battles. But not everyone has the probe Droid up to 7 star. Plus my guild hasn't 45 started either side. Yet. I would like to continue shooting for that while at the same time gaining the new rewards from the geonosian battles. Plus the dark side hoth battles are the only consistent place for wampas. Which is still needed for the bounty Hunter title.
  • AceCV
    994 posts Member
    Options
    Having to choose between content was BAD in every game I played, still BAD in here and will always be BAD.... period.
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    Options
    Nadebotfm wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Amoliski wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder if CG is even capable of making a single good decision.
    Double drops this weekend
    Double drops on Ability and Zeta challenges

Just some from yesterday

Yup, should be a good opportunity to try and get some teams finished off for GA championships

RIP to those who get 0 zeta mats from the challenges though lol
    Its going to be running for an entire week. You would have to have some really really bad luck to get 0 zeta mats from 6 sims (3 days of zeta challenges)

A normal week is getting 0 zetas. I've been tracking them for 2 years so we're not talking about a small sample size.
  • Jolynyc
    4 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Rarely post on these forums, but having to choose seems like a big loss for potential rewards/shards from Hoth. Just an idea, if they want to keep “work load” low on guilds, they could just reward you out the same number of GET & IPD shards from the last Hoth TB your guild completed PLUS the additional rewards from the new TB. IE of your guild achieved 40* and 40 IPD shards in DS Hoth - you get rewards associated with that from your past Hoth TB plus all additional rewards from the new TB. They’ve been able to do something similar for skipped TBs in the past, so should be feasible.

Just a thought...but that’s assuming they’re doing this not because they want total rewards low and doing it to keep guild participation from being too much...
  • Options
    AceCV wrote: »
    Having to choose between content was BAD in every game I played, still BAD in here and will always be BAD.... period.

Off-topic but your avatar is great. Evil Yoda ftw!
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Again I ask: WHY NERF IPD SHARDS if we are going to be doing LESS Hoth TB? it already takes an incredibly impossibly long time to get the shards for IPD and yet now we will be getting 0?
  • yohann269
    375 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    Again I ask: WHY NERF IPD SHARDS if we are going to be doing LESS Hoth TB? it already takes an incredibly impossibly long time to get the shards for IPD and yet now we will be getting 0?

Then do Hoth DS TB if you need IPD shards. but if you don't do Hoth DS TB, you don't need IPD. No IPD SM in Geo TB... Most likely.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »

Then do Hoth DS TB if you need IPD shards. but if you don't do Hoth DS TB, you don't need IPD. No IPD SM in Geo TB... Most likely.

That's no excuse though to justify nerfing IPD shards to one, or how long it takes to unlock it, also, So what that you don't need it if you don't do Hoth? IPD is incredibly useful outside of TB, I've used it countless times to oneshot anything I need to one shot in GA, countless Nests have been killed by it.

Its a very good character to own that now, any new player will find impossible to get.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Options
    We should be able to play them both at the same time. We need more prizes!
  • Options
    When I was listening to Carrie in the Escape Pod Cast she said something along the lines of they didn't want to take content away from players. Guess that lasted all of two minutes from the time of recording...
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Rake6 wrote: »
    We should be able to play them both at the same time. We need more prizes!

No, players who can't manage resources need more.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    When I was listening to Carrie in the Escape Pod Cast she said something along the lines of they didn't want to take content away from players. Guess that lasted all of two minutes from the time of recording...

Carrie would make a great politician....promise us the world then raise our taxes and take away our benefits
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, and for how much I dislike defending the devs in these hard times, this solution is the best. Having to choose in an environment in which 80M- guilds can't get access to the higher TB is the lesser evil. Allowing bigger guilds to do both while lesser guilds do only one would be far worse for lesser guilds.
  • Options
    No matter the reasons, I feel deprived of something (either Hoth or Geo, depending on which gives more reasonable rewards at the level of our guild). Geo is not additional PVE content in the game you can play around with your non-primary teams, but something that replaces an existing one and is also shorter (What? Why?)
  • StarSon
    7438 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Well that is about a big of a crock of excrement that you can get. Promised new content but now you have to sacrifice old to participate. So the whole reason they gave for rolo and ipd shard reduction was a total sham. Not too often I get ticked off at this game but this one has done it.
    I'd rather have more Geo TB than Hoth TB

Hoth TB is boring at higher GP and knowing that Geo TB has better rewards and new GET Mk II, it would be awful waiting once a month to play Geo TB

The expectation is that if done right, Geo TB should be so good that you don't even want to go back to Hoth TB

You can always choose to play old content so its not a total loss

Then we should be able to choose one or both, not one or the other.

If you’re in a higher gp guild and find HTB boring, then focus down the GTB. My guild would definitely benefit from running both instead of choosing one or the other.

@Carth_Onassi1973 Why would your guild benefit from running both? Because you like increasing the chances of burnout, or... ?
  • StarSon
    7438 posts Member
    Options

No, if the marquee character was not in the game prior to TB launch it would not be in platoons. The one time it was an issue (Marauder, I believe) was because they add the character to the game like a week before his event, such that he was required before being obtainable. While it could happen again, it only ever happened that one time.
    Psychosaur wrote: »
    but something that replaces an existing one and is also shorter (What? Why?)

Because Hoth TB is terrible and boring and no one actually wants to play it anymore. The people complaining are the minority, and just want the rewards, which they will get from Geo anyway.
  • Options
    Add a "Sim" button to Hoth TB's so we can play Geo TB. Problem solved! :#
  • Options
    NoblePyro wrote: »
    Add a "Sim" button to Hoth TB's so we can play Geo TB. Problem solved! :#

I kinda like that idea.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sure they'd be happy to let us sim Hoth for zero rewards.
  • Options
    The people complaining are the minority, and just want the rewards, which they will get from Geo anyway.
    I don’t think so. You won’t get probe droid shards, you won’t get the max star achievement, and I highly doubt they’ll give the same amount of guild tokens for an expected significantly lower performance (less stars both nominally and percentage-wise) on the much more difficult Geo TB. Which kinda leaves you with the sole option of staying with Hoth, and not eve able to try Geo, not to mention train yourself on it repeatedly.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Carrie said IPD and ROLO will be in the new GEC store. At least I think it was the new one.

The Geo difficulty will be harder so I would expect the rewards to be in line with that difficulty. In theory they will reward the same guild more for doing Geo than Hoth.
  • Options
    Hmmm, we’ll see...