Kit Reveal: Wat Tambor

Prev134
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
0xcuzhbhiny6.gif

UNIT NAME: Wat Tambor
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Support, Separatist
A key member of the Separatist Council, Wat Tambor is a non-combatant Separatist support who distributes powerful Tech to his allies.

ABILITIES:

Basic: Binary Basic
jynam1uqcgat.gif
Final Text: During Wat's turn: Dispel debuffs on target ally if any ally has debuffs. Apply Heal Over Time twice on all allies for 2 turns.

Out of turn: Inflict Damage Over Time twice on target enemy for 2 turns and remove 15% Turn Meter. This ability can't be evaded.

Special 1: Discharge Energy (Cooldown 4)
94yj0zpi1lfj.gif
FINAL TEXT: Revive a random Separatist or Dark Side Droid ally at 100% Health and grant all allies Protection Over Time (30%) for 2 turns. Trigger the healing of all Heal Over Time buffs on allies and the damage of all Damage Over Time debuffs on enemies.

Protection Over Time: Recover Protection each turn

Unique 1: Overseer
FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, other Separatist and Dark Side Droid allies gain Max Protection equal to 30% of Wat's Max Health. All Separatist and Dark Side Droid allies have +30% Critical Avoidance while they have Heal Over Time.

Whenever an ally with Tech uses a Special ability, Wat is called to assist. If there are no other allied combatants at the start of a turn, Wat escapes from battle.

Unique 2: Mass Manufacture
m3o3cd9tmct7.gif

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of battle, Wat gains a bonus turn and access to the following Tech in the form of abilities. When Wat uses a piece of Tech, the target other ally gains its effects until defeated or the end of battle.

The cooldown of each piece of Tech is set to max and can't be reduced if all allies have Tech or if it is active on an ally. Tech can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented, and an ally can only have one piece of Tech.
  1. Chiewab Medpac: Recover 5% Health and Protection at the start of every character's turn, and 5% bonus Protection if this character is a Separatist
  2. Baktoid Shield Generator: At the start of turn, recover 30% Protection and dispel own debuffs; Tanks Taunt while they have Protection
  3. BlasTech Weapon Mod: Gain 15% Turn Meter at the start of each enemy's turn; Attacks ignore defense and enemies defeated by this character can't be revived

SYNERGIES:
a8lxzgweucr2.gif

Replies

• Droid Synergy, Separatist Synergy, DOT synergy. Everyone is happy! Beautiful kit.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Solid kit and it looks like it will add quite a bit to the Separatist faction.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I'm not entirely sure what I just read, but he sounds really interesting. :P
    Still not a he.
  • How will this interact with B1?
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Awesome kit! Ready to finish my separatists now!
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    To clarify, he gives one Tech out at the start of the fight and then does not give out the other two Tech out, right?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Those techs are amazing and looks like you can give non seps tech too which is insane from a theory craft point

He fits in almost any team and is vital for raid scores
  • GG with the weapon mod sounds amazing though with him ignoring defence and preventing enemies from reviving and with Wat reviving seps that means GG can trigger his unique multiple times
    That's going to be a nightmare to face
    Lets be honest, Lego Star Wars the Skywalker saga is going to be more polished, fun and overall better than Swgoh could ever be
  • Can each piece of "Tech" only be given out once to your squad as a whole, or could you give the same piece of Tech to 2 different allies?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Is it me or did they update the armor color for Poggle’s look in the last gif
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Those techs are amazing and looks like you can give non seps tech too which is insane from a theory craft point

He looks like a thrawn 2.0.
    And the instant DOTs damage will make a Vader team happy. He's already my favorite toon.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Exactly what I was I thinking.

I think I’m going all in on seps esp Wat
  • Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Can each piece of "Tech" only be given out once to your squad as a whole, or could you give the same piece of Tech to 2 different allies?

You can only give the same piece of tech out 2 times if the original user of the gear dies and he gives it to someone else.
  • GG with the weapon mod sounds amazing though with him ignoring defence and preventing enemies from reviving and with Wat reviving seps that means GG can trigger his unique multiple times
    That's going to be a nightmare to face

Good thing I use GG lead in arena.
    :smiley:
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    HK666 wrote: »
    To clarify, he gives one Tech out at the start of the fight and then does not give out the other two Tech out, right?

He has three piece of tech. Each tech can be given out to only one ally that doesn’t have a tech and is on cooldown until that ally is knocked out

Wat doesn’t hide under stealth so he needs to survive long enough to distribute tech to the team

Imagine Darth Malak with weapon mod. Yeesh
  • Can Wat give himself tech?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    LVader, Mission, Wampa, Zaalbar... and WAT TAMBOR... what an odd group for a spectacular team in the making...
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    I hope with the tech thing we also get some good beats, I might turn on the sound then again!
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Sadly since there's now a stupid power requirement of 16500 and we need Brood Alpha (who's going to be up on a fleet node and need a bunch of kryotechs to gear up because Ea is stupid) for the mission no one's getting Wat for like a year (unless they make brood alpha need the new paywall gear and/or put him on an ok node, but that won't happen cause Ea, who owns Cg and probably has a good amount of influence over them, are a bunch of greedy pigs, though if I'm hope to be proven wrong on this)
    Lets be honest, Lego Star Wars the Skywalker saga is going to be more polished, fun and overall better than Swgoh could ever be
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Looks really fun.

Here is hoping he gets a cool tech sound effect with some of his abilities.
  • c3po is a very good hero, but he has not once the word „droid“ in his kit... :-(

wat tambor has!

more love for the droids in the future?
  • Sadly since there's now a stupid power requirement of 16500 and we need Brood Alpha (who's going to be up on a fleet node and need a bunch of kryotechs to gear up because Ea is stupid) for the mission no one's getting Wat for like a year (unless they make brood alpha need the new paywall gear and/or put him on an ok node, but that won't happen cause Ea, who owns Cg and probably has a good amount of influence over them, are a bunch of greedy pigs, though if I'm hope to be proven wrong on this)

While I do agree that I hate the new gear and their placement. This new Tb sounds like you won’t do much with out that gp level anyway.

It’s g13 6dot mods and full zeta teams here on in!
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    @Vinny_Vader_Vedi I agree, I’m tempted to go in on seps now.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Did I read correct? You can give tech etc to non-separatists? That'll be hard...
    Personally I would restrict it to separatists only but this is crazy. I love it.
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    @Vinny_Vader_Vedi I agree, I’m tempted to go in on seps now.

I’m thinking Wat is going to be a game changer - no pun intended.
    Thrawn 2.0
  • Man I wish I had test server access. I would probably be up for like 24 hours straight testing combos. So many ideas are flooding in right now.
  • I bet this will make the Padmé event easier with that revive ability.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Grievous, B2, Wat and Chaze. Sounds fun.