Kit Reveal: Wat Tambor

Replies

• Grievous, B2, Wat and Chaze. Sounds fun.

He’s plug and play. You can add him to nearly any team and it makes them better.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Hence the "DS Hermit Yoda" comparisons from the devs.
  • Sadly since there's now a stupid power requirement of 16500 and we need Brood Alpha (who's going to be up on a fleet node and need a bunch of kryotechs to gear up because Ea is stupid) for the mission no one's getting Wat for like a year (unless they make brood alpha need the new paywall gear and/or put him on an ok node, but that won't happen cause Ea, who owns Cg and probably has a good amount of influence over them, are a bunch of greedy pigs, though if I'm hope to be proven wrong on this)

While I do agree that I hate the new gear and their placement. This new Tb sounds like you won’t do much with out that gp level anyway.

It’s g13 6dot mods and full zeta teams here on in!

Yeah, that's why I find the power requirement even sillier, if it's tuned for G13/very high powered G12 toons then why even have a power requirement if anything lower is going to get trashed anyway?
    Lets be honest, Lego Star Wars the Skywalker saga is going to be more polished, fun and overall better than Swgoh could ever be
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Yeah, that's why I find the power requirement even sillier, if it's tuned for G13/very high powered G12 toons then why even have a power requirement if anything lower is going to get trashed anyway?
    Judging from the forums and Reddit, there's been an enormous amount of negative play experience from people throwing themselves face first at content they're woefully unprepared for time and again in hopes of getting lucky then complaining about the frustration of their own bad choices.

Setting a lower limit to cut out that NPE seems like a natural step to ensure that if you're going in, you probably have a fighting chance.
    Still not a he.
  • Aceantarctic
    53 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Judging from the forums and Reddit, there's been an enormous amount of negative play experience from people throwing themselves face first at content they're woefully unprepared for time and again in hopes of getting lucky then complaining about the frustration of their own bad choices.

Setting a lower limit to cut out that NPE seems like a natural step to ensure that if you're going in, you probably have a fighting chance.

Except I've got a sinking feeling that once they're past the requirement, they STILL have no fighting chance, so they'll take to the forums and reddit to say "the power requirement was a lie, it didn't prepare us for getting screwed on the first turn"

Plus when you fail, you at least learn something for the next time you try it, even if it's something as simple as "put more prot mods on", being unable to compete in the event teaches you nothing for the next time it arrives, plus there's likely to be a crowd sad they can't throw themselves at situation they're unlikely to win

Either way, both having a power requirement and not having one have positives and negatives to them, but one thing remains constant

Which ever one cg chooses to do, there's a high chance they'll do it in the absolute worst way possible for that choice

Could they prove me wrong? Yes
    Do I expect them too? No and it saddens me to say that

Edit: another constant is I can't spell for a ****
    Lets be honest, Lego Star Wars the Skywalker saga is going to be more polished, fun and overall better than Swgoh could ever be
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Except I've got a sinking feeling that once they're past the requirement, they STILL no fighting chance, so they'll take to the forums and reddit to say "the power requirement was a lie, it didn't prepare us for getting screwed on the first turn"

Plus when you fail, you at least learn something for the next time you try it, even if it's something as simple as "put more prot mods on", being unable to compete in the event teaches you nothing for the next time it arrives, plus there's likely to be a crowd sad they can't throw themselves at situation they're unlikely to win

Either way, both having a power requirement and not having one have positives and negatives to them, but one thing remains constant

Which ever one cg chooses to do, there's a high chance they'll do it in the absolute worst way possible for that choice

The hopeless will remain... hopeless.
  • Athen_Greeco
    142 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    So. Everytime he is called to assist — if ZNute is present — he will deal 10 percent max health damage as Wat inflicts x2 DOT ?
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Protection over time...?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member

Don't worry. Those players will probably complain about not being able to acess the content because of power level needed.
  • So. Everytime he is called to assist — if ZNute is present — he will deal 10 percent max health damage as Wat inflicts x2 DOT ?

Sounds right to me.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Except I've got a sinking feeling that once they're past the requirement, they STILL have no fighting chance, so they'll take to the forums and reddit to say "the power requirement was a lie, it didn't prepare us for getting screwed on the first turn"

Edit: another constant is I can't spell for a ****
    Plenty of players complaining here and on the reddit have proven abundantly that they don't learn, unfortunately.
    Still not a he.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Hilarious how they dont put GG on the synergy graphic! This obviously buffs the seperatist droids to the freakin moon!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    After thinking about Wat some more:

He is going to break so many things. I don't see how they can possibly test him properly and the amount of "unintended interactions" and hotfixes/nerfs they are going to have to issue once he hits the wild is going to be pretty crazy.

Just because I was messing with their mods tonight, Canderous and Zaalbar seem like they would be powerhouses with the appropriate tech. I'm sure there are others that will be much worse.

Or Vandor + Stormtrooper Han TM shenanigans with permataunt...
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    So obviously he's going to help Separatists, but that's only the tip of the iceberg. If you want to see a little how a self proclaimed "theory crafter" views things, I recorded a video where I literally pull up swgoh.gg and just start running down lists of characters and pointing out interesting synergies and teams. JKR with Juhani/Wat? Sith Empire? JTR as a tank? STHan? There are so many potential fun synergies I can't wait to get my hands on him.

https://youtu.be/yvwsNlO0Tsw
  • Ascetic_Monkfish
    163 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I’m disappointed that because he already has a really short name the community have no need to use an acronym when they talk about him.
    Wat the...?
    Post edited by Ascetic_Monkfish on
  • Sadly since there's now a stupid power requirement of 16500 and we need Brood Alpha (who's going to be up on a fleet node and need a bunch of kryotechs to gear up because Ea is stupid) for the mission no one's getting Wat for like a year (unless they make brood alpha need the new paywall gear and/or put him on an ok node, but that won't happen cause Ea, who owns Cg and probably has a good amount of influence over them, are a bunch of greedy pigs, though if I'm hope to be proven wrong on this)

While I do agree that I hate the new gear and their placement. This new Tb sounds like you won’t do much with out that gp level anyway.

It’s g13 6dot mods and full zeta teams here on in!

Because of the people that use hacked APKs to win these battles with level 1, gear 1 characters.
  • This dudes kit is so solid and clever. I'm a huge fan of how his basic works. Out of turn effect is a really interesting twist.

Hard to believe this was designed by the same people who made JKR ,and DR who are basically just immune to everything with the laziest kit designs I've ever seen
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    I’m disappointed that because he already has a really short name the community have no need to use an acronym when they talk about him.
    Wat the...?

Yeah well my guild calls him “Wut?” just to be funny. lol 😂
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Another separatist release, and yet another "synergy suggestion" WITHOUT Assaj on it. What are those synergy suggestions for ? You're quite forcing the meta sometimes.

Why do you want Assaj to be out of the separatist faction so bad ?
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Aydnie wrote: »
    Another separatist release, and yet another "synergy suggestion" WITHOUT Assaj on it. What are those synergy suggestions for ? You're quite forcing the meta sometimes.

You can say samething to Nute Gunray and Scoundrel...
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Aydnie wrote: »

I don't WANT her to be out of the Seperatist faction, and I don't think anyone else does, but Nightsisters are garbage without her, so I really don't know what else to do about that.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Plenty of players complaining here and on the reddit have proven abundantly that they don't learn, unfortunately.

So they'll punish the people who want to learn, brilliant
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Because of the people that use hacked APKs to win these battles with level 1, gear 1 characters.

I don't know much about hacking but I don't think the power requirement would solve that though, hackers can be stubborn and if they wish could easy fool the game by making it think the character's power is a higher value than it is, or simply hack a character's gear to a higher rank
    If it turns out they can't hack power requirement they can still just enter and oneshot the entire enemy team (or have it just say victory the second they enter the match) and unless Cg can check to see individual battles for people it may make identifying hackers a lot harder since in this scenario they have to have above 16500 which every legit player will also have which makes it so than can't just look to see if they used g1 characters to clear it and makes their job alot harder

One of the only ways the power requirement would make sense (and that the community could accept alot more than some other options) would be if the geo tb battles didn't have any star requirements for battles (they didn't mention any star requirements for any battles so I could be on to something here), in that case a power requirement may be needed as a progress check since you could enter with a 1* toon unlike with the hoth tb where you were limited by stars in that case but since the pow requirement is only the the special missions that means the normal battles won't have any requirements from what we know

And now I'm just wondering if you can enter p4 of the geo tb with a 1* g1 nightsister initiate

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    LEc5z.jpg
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Character kits continue getting complex.
    In a few months we'll need a PhD on SWgOH :#

And more likely there will be unthought game breakers as abilities collide/merge in unsuspected ways
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Juzz wrote: »
    Character kits continue getting complex.
    In a few months we'll need a PhD on SWgOH :#

And more likely there will be unthought game breakers as abilities collide/merge in unsuspected ways

Oh, they’ve been thought of already 😉
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    LEc5z.jpg

Perfect.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    LEc5z.jpg

Perfect.

I'll give you another dose of perfection then

bn502kucoyi4.png
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Making design decisions for the game as a whole is not "punishing" anyone.

They decided overall play experience was better if they gated the mission behind a team that actually stands a reasonable chance. Nobody is being punished, and that word is deliberately loaded to ascribe malice to a reasonable design decision.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

ThisYeezy wrote: »

I don't know much about hacking but I don't think the power requirement would solve that though, hackers can be stubborn and if they wish could easy fool the game by making it think the character's power is a higher value than it is, or simply hack a character's gear to a higher rank
    If it turns out they can't hack power requirement they can still just enter and oneshot the entire enemy team (or have it just say victory the second they enter the match) and unless Cg can check to see individual battles for people it may make identifying hackers a lot harder since in this scenario they have to have above 16500 which every legit player will also have which makes it so than can't just look to see if they used g1 characters to clear it and makes their job alot harder

One of the only ways the power requirement would make sense (and that the community could accept alot more than some other options) would be if the geo tb battles didn't have any star requirements for battles (they didn't mention any star requirements for any battles so I could be on to something here), in that case a power requirement may be needed as a progress check since you could enter with a 1* toon unlike with the hoth tb where you were limited by stars in that case but since the pow requirement is only the the special missions that means the normal battles won't have any requirements from what we know

And now I'm just wondering if you can enter p4 of the geo tb with a 1* g1 nightsister initiate

Mods don’t work that way. They can’t only impact things that are run locally. The only thing that’s relevant that I know of is the battle simulation. You can’t hack your way into the battle itself. At least not with a simple mod. Anyone good enough to hack into the EA servers is probably not doing so for the purpose of winning a TB mission.
  • Mods don’t work that way. They can’t only impact things that are run locally. The only thing that’s relevant that I know of is the battle simulation. You can’t hack your way into the battle itself. At least not with a simple mod. Anyone good enough to hack into the EA servers is probably not doing so for the purpose of winning a TB mission.

That's likely to be true, though they could still use a mod/hack to have their toons attacks deal 99999 damage on an attack to clear the mission (when they actually get access to it) and I feel anyone who's patient enough to hack could possibly find something just give themselves infinite recourses/crystals to gear the characters for the requirement, which would probably set of an alarm of sorts and proceed to get them banned since hacking is being punished at every turn (as it should) so yeah as you said it's unlikely hacks will just be used to clear tb missions, at that rate there's better things to do