K2S0 and its max protection unique

Am I reading this ability correctly? So whenever k2s0 takes damage it gains 1% max protection. In that case does it remain permanent like say asajj and old daka when they gain permanent stat boosts whenever ns zombie dies and revives? I use him in my rogue one team for territory battle and just wanted to clarify.

Replies

• do yourself a favour, don't even try to understand the hot garbage kit that k2so has and never ever zeta him. as for your actual question, I think that max protection increase bonuses does stick around even after revive
  • ...do yourself a favour, don't even try to understand the hot garbage kit that k2so has and never ever zeta him.

This. He's ****.

• KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    Am I reading this ability correctly? So whenever k2s0 takes damage it gains 1% max protection. In that case does it remain permanent like say asajj and old daka when they gain permanent stat boosts whenever ns zombie dies and revives? I use him in my rogue one team for territory battle and just wanted to clarify.

I believe it is. The wording is similar as the Emperor who also gains max protection.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Yes tha max protection gain remains permanent. While gaining 1% max protection he also recovers 1% protection (Not mentioned in the ability description, but that's how it works). However, K2S0 is still weak nowadays. K2S0 was great 2 and a half years ago.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    K2 is one of those characters that gets more hate than he deserves, imo. Obviously he's not squad arena material, but a super tanky K2 under zJyn can still be a major pain to get around in GA if you put them in the back row and your opponent is trying to beat them with their B-teams.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• All this hate for K2??

If you attack a well geared and well modded Rogue One team without a Daze or reliable Stun or Shock K2 can be an enormous pain in the ****. It's more that debuffs can really stop him in his tracks, but if you don't debuff him he'll be a brick wall.
  • I ran a joke team of ig88 lead , k2, chopper , c3po ,and jawa engineer . Works well on offence and can catch people off on defense if modded well enough .

But I wouldn't advise this team as you pull to many characters out of other squads . But having k2 counter and chopper assisting leaving the enemy with 2*dot ,expose, offence down and then having a chance to buff and reduce the cooldown of a Droid ally.

Again not recommended but so fun
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    K2 is one of those characters that gets more hate than he deserves, imo. Obviously he's not squad arena material, but a super tanky K2 under zJyn can still be a major pain to get around in GA if you put them in the back row and your opponent is trying to beat them with their B-teams.

People here have unlimited A teams to spare in TW/GA.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Not everyone here does.
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    I ran a joke team of ig88 lead , k2, chopper , c3po ,and jawa engineer . Works well on offence and can catch people off on defense if modded well enough .

But I wouldn't advise this team as you pull to many characters out of other squads . But having k2 counter and chopper assisting leaving the enemy with 2*dot ,expose, offence down and then having a chance to buff and reduce the cooldown of a Droid ally.

No clue why you would call that a joke team? LOL 2 good taunt tanks with a specific healer for them, a lethal attacker with c3po that could give expose to all enemies on 88's AOE. That is a lethal team against all non-meta teams
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Not everyone here does.

While I disagree with the quality of A and B teams in this discussion, if you don’t have enough top tier teams to fill out a GA you probably shouldn’t be working on K2. Although I will say Cassian has a nice ship, it can do with a low gear K2.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    A zeta on K2-S0 means more speed, more hp, and more damage for Cassian’s U-Wing. All things considered, that’s not so bad.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Treeburner wrote: »
    I ran a joke team of ig88 lead , k2, chopper , c3po ,and jawa engineer . Works well on offence and can catch people off on defense if modded well enough .

No clue why you would call that a joke team? LOL 2 good taunt tanks with a specific healer for them, a lethal attacker with c3po that could give expose to all enemies on 88's AOE. That is a lethal team against all non-meta teams

First of all it's a joke team in the regards it fun and not too serious in terms of meta . secondly it requires you to loose ig88 from BH , c3 from ewoks or rebels ,k2 from jyn team and chopper from Phoenix.
    And last but not least the expose only lands on basic attacks and it's for ewoks and rebels only so ig88 can't land expose on his AoE .

But go ahead and please explain why the team I theory crafted is better than I think is.
    Why does your response feel like I took a dump on my own fun team.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Not everyone here does.

While I disagree with the quality of A and B teams in this discussion, if you don’t have enough top tier teams to fill out a GA you probably shouldn’t be working on K2. Although I will say Cassian has a nice ship, it can do with a low gear K2.

I mean, if you have enough "top tier" teams to completely fill out a GA defense and still have enough leftover to succeed on the attack, I'd imagine your GP is pretty spectacularly high. I'm just under 3.4 million - certainly not top tier, but not exactly noob status either - and a few of my defenses are still ~70k rubbish teams that I just throw down to get the medals for placing a team.

Not everyone wants to wait a year and a half until they're "caught up" to have a little fun.
    Post edited by Jarvind on
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    If only K2 could talk in this game. He’d likely have Revan teams dying from laughter and the arena meta would be a lot different.
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Treeburner wrote: »

First of all it's a joke team in the regards it fun and not too serious in terms of meta . secondly it requires you to loose ig88 from BH , c3 from ewoks or rebels ,k2 from jyn team and chopper from Phoenix.
    And last but not least the expose only lands on basic attacks and it's for ewoks and rebels only so ig88 can't land expose on his AoE .

But go ahead and please explain why the team I theory crafted is better than I think is.
    Why does your response feel like I took a dump on my own fun team.

I use makeshift teams like that all of the time in GA on offense and win. The only time teams like that don't work for me is when there is a decent taunter in the team like zombie that gets taunt back really quick. I immediately saw the strategy you were going for with that team and could see a path to victory against many B-teams.

No insult taken or given. Just say in that non-meta =/= useless