Kryotech pieces

Prev1
To the dev's, what are you guys doing with these pieces? With the new tb are they gonna remain a super slow farm or crystal purchase? Are they gonna be farmable with the new currency?

I'm asking because these pieces as they are now are unsustainable. It seems like all the new characters are gonna have them and the current farming method makes having a character or farming a character pointless cus they can't be geared. Simply put, I'm not spending 1400 Crystal's per piece when characters need up to 4 of them. It's a good game, but not that good.

Replies

• frackme_21
    92 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    i just spent 2800 crystals to get Darth Revan to g9 only to figure out (yes i should have checked before hand on swgoh.gg) that he needs another of the same piece. If kryos are going to be standard new gear, they need to make them more accessible. I'm not saying they have to be challenge gear, but at least put them in some stores (guild events, the new store, whatever) so you can buy them for something other than crystals.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Just farm them with normal energy for now.
    The new currency will also be pretty premium as it would be the main source of G12 finishers, I would not spend MKII currency on farmable kylo tech gear.
  • Farming the gear from nodes isn't that bad. It only took a little over a week to get the 200 pieces I needed for DR.
  • But hey they showed how they increased carbantis to help ease the gear grind... just to create a new one. So now the choice is save-spend crystals, /farm kyros. OR choose between G12 finishers, characters or other stuff in Geo TB GET 2 store...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They have mentioned a few times gear being in the new stores, it is likely these will be some of the pieces available in the new GAC currency store, or maybe added to the GC1/CG2 store(s)
  • jfears2
    185 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    There's only 4 characters out of the whole lot that require this gear. If they made it easily accessible and/or cheaper to obtain they wouldn't have the power creep road block. The gear is designed to slow you down so everyone doesn't have massive GP rosters.. however if you want to speed along you must pay, hence the crystal purchases... Either way complaining that it's hard to obtain is not going to change anything, that's just validation to them that the business model is working as intended. Which by the way, it is.

I hate using the good ole "you didn't plan well enough" but... you didn't plan well enough. I used an entirely free to play obtained crystal stash and the double drop event to get all 200 pieces I needed for DR. Had them before his event even showed up. And no, I do not finish in the top of my arena shard or anything, at best I hover around 100 in both character arena and ship arena... I just did't spend anything knowing that I wanted DR the second time and wanted to get him close to G12 no matter what. So that was my primary focus.
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Hard to plan if you were not made aware before the release of a toon shaak to needs the same pieces at gear lvl 8 and 9 wasn't like everyone knew .
    jfears2 wrote: »
    There's only 4 characters out of the whole lot that require this gear. If they made it easily accessible and/or cheaper to obtain they wouldn't have the power creep road block. The gear is designed to slow you down so everyone doesn't have massive GP rosters.. however if you want to speed along you must pay, hence the crystal purchases... Either way complaining that it's hard to obtain is not going to change anything, that's just validation to them that the business model is working as intended. Which by the way, it is.

I hate using the good ole "you didn't plan well enough" but... you didn't plan well enough. I used an entirely free to play obtained crystal stash and the double drop event to get all 200 pieces I needed for DR. Had them before his event even showed up. And no, I do not finish in the top of my arena shard or anything, at best I hover around 100 in both character arena and ship arena... I just did't spend anything knowing that I wanted DR the second time and wanted to get him close to G12 no matter what. So that was my primary focus.

The thing is you knew you needed them as the event had been round before and the requirements had long been known. but what if you didn't know a character needed them before release like shaak ti, she needs the same gear at lvl 8 and 9 but we had about 2 days to prep for it as gear requirements are not available on the toons announcement only when swgoh.gg or another site can get access.
  • jfears2 wrote: »

I think you're missing my point. I had a g12+ Darth revan on the day of second release due to the planning you mention. But now I've gotta do malak, padme, shark ti and whoever else is coming along. My problem is the trend is leaning heavily toward all new characters needing these pieces. And grinding single nodes for months to do one character is not my idea of fun. It makes getting the character pointless. For example I'm ready for malak right now, but im not excited to get him because I just can't gear him. Not excited to get one of the best characters in the game, that's no good.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    They have mentioned a few times gear being in the new stores, it is likely these will be some of the pieces available in the new GAC currency store, or maybe added to the GC1/CG2 store(s)

I really hope so, but they didn't mention the kryo parts so I'm more than a little worried.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Treeburner wrote: »
    Hard to plan if you were not made aware before the release of a toon shaak to needs the same pieces at gear lvl 8 and 9 wasn't like everyone knew .

The thing is you knew you needed them as the event had been round before and the requirements had long been known. but what if you didn't know a character needed them before release like shaak ti, she needs the same gear at lvl 8 and 9 but we had about 2 days to prep for it as gear requirements are not available on the toons announcement only when swgoh.gg or another site can get access.

Shaak Ti is irrelevant to the conversation. If you have her high star, you either spend money or have a ton of crystals and thus kyrotech isn't an issue. If you are choosing to get her up right now at low stars and spend kyrotech on her instead of saving it for Darth Revan... Then it's just a poor decision about where to spend rare gear.

For kyrotech: Darth Revan needs 2, Malak needs 4, Padme needs 3, and Shaak Ti needs 3 eventually. These are not surprises. Plan accordingly. Assume future characters will also require them. This game is about resource management.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Do you happen to know why we cant guild gear request them if they are farmable on non-hard nodes?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Gair wrote: »

Do you happen to know why we cant guild gear request them if they are farmable on non-hard nodes?

Some gear has always had gates for donations, some are low quantity and those are just no available. Most likely to focus a bottle neck, and avoid some level of abuse.

This could change, but this is all new ground and we will have to wait and see.
    Post edited by Kyno on

Bee gear gas

Source of Colony Collapse?

Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Bee gear gas

Source of Colony Collapse?

Haha.
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Treeburner wrote: »
    Hard to plan if you were not made aware before the release of a toon shaak to needs the same pieces at gear lvl 8 and 9 wasn't like everyone knew .

Shaak Ti is irrelevant to the conversation. If you have her high star, you either spend money or have a ton of crystals and thus kyrotech isn't an issue. If you are choosing to get her up right now at low stars and spend kyrotech on her instead of saving it for Darth Revan... Then it's just a poor decision about where to spend rare gear.

For kyrotech: Darth Revan needs 2, Malak needs 4, Padme needs 3, and Shaak Ti needs 3 eventually. These are not surprises. Plan accordingly. Assume future characters will also require them. This game is about resource management.

So because 3 legendary characters needed them all the new Marquee ones will too ? Shaak ti doesn't fit the trend in that respect.

Do you have all 12 pieces for all 4 characters? , if so we'll done pretty amazing planning . If not then it's proof even good resource management like your own isn't helping .

Edit.also like to add that this is a game which is meant to be fun and where people choose to spend their rare gear is entirely up to them . My point still stands I need the gear for shaak ti ,and you can't tell me it wasn't a shock to most that the Marquee character that had minimum requirements to obtain ,gear was lock the same way the new META and hard to obtain characters were. Again gratz if you have them all.
  • They make the game not fun.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    You know what I do when a game isnt fun anymore? I move on to a new more fun game.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Where's the fun in doing that?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jfears2
    185 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    bisto_760 wrote: »

I think you're missing my point. I had a g12+ Darth revan on the day of second release due to the planning you mention. But now I've gotta do malak, padme, shark ti and whoever else is coming along. My problem is the trend is leaning heavily toward all new characters needing these pieces. And grinding single nodes for months to do one character is not my idea of fun. It makes getting the character pointless. For example I'm ready for malak right now, but im not excited to get him because I just can't gear him. Not excited to get one of the best characters in the game, that's no good.

I don't think I am missing the point. You're upset because you can't gear all the new characters as fast as you want. It's designed like that for a reason. It's still a resource management game, you have to make a choice on who to gear and what squads to build up... or spend lots of money. Your choice.

I'm in the same boat on Malak. I am excited to get him but I wont be able to gear him as fast as I did DR... but I'm not upset about it. I don't spend money on this game and I'm ok with grinding and saving and making my own choices on what's important to me to work on and what's not.
    They make the game not fun.

Then don't play, no one has a gun to your head...
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • cby
    105 posts Member
    would like to know what @jfears2 and @jkray622 (if they are still playing!!!) or any CG apologists think now that we're months down the road and we now know that every character needs 100 buyrotech for G13 which is the gate to relics; and now that we know what relic upgrading requires...
  • I'm doing just fine... thanks for asking
    or maybe added to the GC1/CG2 store(s)

😂😂😂
  • Adding 100 kyros into the recipe for every character’s g13 finisher is fine. There will always be bottlenecks, and there should be. Now that we are going to get a few from TW and TB it doesn’t feel so severe.

I do hope they don’t keep putting 500 into the gear tables of characters ON TOP of the other old bottlenecked gear though. That sucks. Some old gear is still really miserable. Perhaps they will finally ease them significantly with the new content they keep teasing.

As it is Kyros are a big bottleneck. G12+ and some g12 pieces are still bottlenecks especially with the high level scrap pieces needed for relics. And signal data pieces are bottlenecks. That feels like plenty to gate progression.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    cby wrote: »
    would like to know what @jfears2 and @jkray622 (if they are still playing!!!) or any CG apologists think now that we're months down the road and we now know that every character needs 100 buyrotech for G13 which is the gate to relics; and now that we know what relic upgrading requires...

I dunno who those guys are but I've been accused of being an "apologist" and while I do agree that Kyro kind of sucks, they did give us both the daily bit of salvage and just recently the guaranteed salvage from TW. It's not a ton, but it's not nothing either. If you're doing the "hoard up tons of gear in between arena meta teams" thing (which seems to be what a lot of people do), it probably adds up to a few of each type by the time you actually spend them.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    cby wrote: »

I dunno who those guys are but I've been accused of being an "apologist" and while I do agree that Kyro kind of sucks, they did give us both the daily bit of salvage and just recently the guaranteed salvage from TW. It's not a ton, but it's not nothing either. If you're doing the "hoard up tons of gear in between arena meta teams" thing (which seems to be what a lot of people do), it probably adds up to a few of each type by the time you actually spend them.

In fairness, this thread was started 5 months ago before most of these positive changes. It **** more then. Less now. I wish some of those changes had come before a bunch or guild and shard mates quit.
  • I just noticed that padme needs them just to get g9
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I just noticed that padme needs them just to get g9

And 10...and 11....
  • It's kind of crazy that just to get Shaak Ti to gear 10, you need 3! Such a hassle!

As an aside, I think it is humorous that they change the name between Mk9 Kryotech Battle Computer and Mk7 Kryotech Shock Prod even though they are comprised of the exact same components! They really could have given us a break and simply had them be 50 of the corresponding Prototype instead of both types.