Disheartened by the grievous rework? Never fear... BB8 makes the team amazing!

123457Next

Replies

• Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    Magnaguard is now much better imo.... But he could still be better in some aspects - notably his special abilities and his bonus turn.
    Grievous meanwhile is starting to look like a semi-legendary with all his kit stuff lol
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Wonder if the TL-enemies-can't-counter is part of the zeta or availability at L7.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Just spitballing but I'm curious about the reason for the change. I know the stated reason, but he's already the 3rd or 4th best team in the game. Why would they give him a boost?

Does it mean that DR JKR GG and Padme are going to be the meta for some time and they want to mix it up a bit? Ive been assuming some new GR Jedi will drop that will boost Padme some and if that's true there would be a pretty diverse meta id there are 4 viable teams. DR would probably still hold court but a few other viable teams would be fun.

Until Jedi Luke drops in August, I mean. ;)
  • So, the buff to Magnaguard now makes everyone except Magnaguard stealth to start so I think it means the mark will always land on Magnaguard. So GG I think just became the Jedi (and JKR) killer that everyone was thinking he'd be (assuming you fill the last G12 piece to get the extra health).
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    GG will join Tier S with these buffs and his HP upgrade with the g12 finisher. Magna is now a must have for the GG squad but even outside of that he's an amazing taunter now due to the constant retaunting ability thx to his 70% counter chance.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I'm leaning towards dropping Droideka in favor of zNute for a few test runs. Missing out on Droideka's big damage will hurt, but zNute will help Magna and B2 keep up the damage (especially B2). GG's AoE being unavoidable might give the team just enough damage output to cover the loss from Droideka. Would shift the focus from focusing down enemies 1 at a time to whittling down the entire team for GG to move in for the kill.

Nute won't get stealth from Magnaguard, but worst case is Nute gets marked and killed, then revives into stealth and gives GG a bonus turn.

Probably won't be as good as full Sep Droid linup but we'll see how it plays out when the update is live.
  • I'm still not sure about magnaguard. In arena I'm using zzGG, zB2, zB1, BB8, and IG88. My droideka is only g11, so I dont want to use him yet. Is he worth it. I'm thinking of swapping IG88, but for who? I dont have 3po. Any advice is welcome.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    I'm still not sure about magnaguard. In arena I'm using zzGG, zB2, zB1, BB8, and IG88. My droideka is only g11, so I dont want to use him yet. Is he worth it. I'm thinking of swapping IG88, but for who? I dont have 3po. Any advice is welcome.

@ReworkGriev0us either T3m4, or Nute gunray.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    I'm still not sure about magnaguard. In arena I'm using zzGG, zB2, zB1, BB8, and IG88. My droideka is only g11, so I dont want to use him yet. Is he worth it. I'm thinking of swapping IG88, but for who? I dont have 3po. Any advice is welcome.

@ReworkGriev0us either T3m4, or Nute gunray.

Cool thanks. I have a g12 zT3. Have nute at g12, but no zeta yet. I'll try T337
  • CarSickShoe
    199 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Tried out the team with Nute instead of Droideka.

https://youtu.be/LpQAMBxTUKU

Worked about as well as it did before Magnaguard buff. It's probably just more consistent since B1 and B2 are safe from AI's mark
  • Presaria
    198 posts Member
    Can I substitute someone else for b1?

(Or he is he have to have)