Kit Reveal: Wat Tambor

Replies

• I wonder what his dots will be like on a zVader team? Would he get to stack and trigger them endlessly? I hope so.
  • I wonder what his dots will be like on a zVader team? Would he get to stack and trigger them endlessly? I hope so.

Oooohhhh that's a good catch, takes tons of other good characters but could be a good gimmicky team that the opponent would underestimate
    Lets be honest, Lego Star Wars the Skywalker saga is going to be more polished, fun and overall better than Swgoh could ever be
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Making design decisions for the game as a whole is not "punishing" anyone.

They decided overall play experience was better if they gated the mission behind a team that actually stands a reasonable chance. Nobody is being punished, and that word is deliberately loaded to ascribe malice to a reasonable design decision.

Just because something has a power requirement doesn't mean that once you qualify for it you'll stand a reasonable chance, or a chance at all, hence why I said "Except I've got a sinking feeling that once they're past the requirement, they STILL have no fighting chance" because they'll probably be stuff like preloaded tm and other stupid gimmicks that'll kill your entire team before you can do a thing (a very good modded G12 Bh team can still have 4 members of your team dead before you can do a thing in the Chewie event)

Honestly most Cg's decisions (I'd say around 60-80%) screw people over, wherever it's in big or small ways, so that combined with Cg's past history with the game and the fact Ea own them (which isn't going to help them) I think it's understandable that most will look at what they do through a negative lens first and not give them the benefit of the doubt

Of course we can't know the full situation for sure until we get more info about the tb (or playing for real) so we both could be wrong about alot of this (such as brood alpha needing little to no kryotechs since that'll only make the situation with the spec missions worse, among other things) so at this point it's better to just drop this convo and theorycraft some more about Wat for now as that's the fun part about this character so I'll start with this:

B1 with the weapon mods is going to be pretty good as it'l allow him to gain a bunch of battalion stacks and possibly even outpace GG's unique, even tough he'll probably the character Wat replaces so that may not be too useful in the grand scheme of things, a g13GG and Wat are probably going to be one of the most terrifying teams to fight though
    Lets be honest, Lego Star Wars the Skywalker saga is going to be more polished, fun and overall better than Swgoh could ever be
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Still not sure how Tech works.

How I understand it:
    1) Wat gets a bonus turn at the start of battle (just like Zolo)
    2) he gets access to all 3 tech abilities which are NOT on cooldown (0 - 0 - 0)
    3) he can now use 1 of them on another ally and that ally gets the bonus effects of that tech (CD: 1 - 0 - 0)
    4) the next time he takes a turn he can give the 2nd tech to an ally except the one that already does have a tech as the chars can't have 2 techs at the same time (CD: 1 - 1 - 0)
    5) on his 3rd turn he can give the 3rd tech to another ally again (CD: 1 - 1 - 1)
    If at any point an ally with a tech dies, Wat gets access to that tech again and it's not on cooldown (think of IPD).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »

How I understand it:
    3) he can now use 1 of them on another ally and that ally gets the bonus effects of that tech (CD: 1 - 0 - 0)
    4) the next time he takes a turn he can give the 2nd tech to an ally except the one that already does have a tech as the chars can't have 2 techs at the same time (CD: 1 - 1 - 0)
    5) on his 3rd turn he can give the 3rd tech to another ally again (CD: 1 - 1 - 1)
    If at any point an ally with a tech dies, Wat gets access to that tech again and it's not on cooldown (think of IPD).

This is exactly how I interpret it. So it’s going to be nearly impossible to prevent him from assigning the first tech (only way is to win a coin flip and stun with Han Solo?).
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

How I understand it:

This is exactly how I interpret it. So it’s going to be nearly impossible to prevent him from assigning the first tech (only way is to win a coin flip and stun with Han Solo?).

Yeah, Zolo or event/TW/GAC chars with preloaded TM.
  • Piewalker
    200 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    In the film he had to tweak his nips just to finish a bloody sentence with autotune. Too right he has to have some OP abilities.
    Post edited by Piewalker on
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Honestly most Cg's decisions (I'd say around 60-80%) screw people over, wherever it's in big or small ways, so that combined with Cg's past history with the game and the fact Ea own them (which isn't going to help them) I think it's understandable that most will look at what they do through a negative lens first and not give them the benefit of the doubt
    You're doing it again.

You're using loaded language to ascribe malice without cause.

The devs have to make and manage the game environment and the economy. They have to set up the obstacles to be overcome. This isn't anyone being "screwed." This is game design.

Any time you make a decision across the scale of the entire game of any significance, it will be more advantageous to some people than others. That isn't anyone being screwed. That's just the game existing. Someone would be just as disadvantaged by inaction.

They also have the job of creating the obstacles and challenges in the game. Yes, that means making things hard, and so that you can't necessarily swing it immediately but you can work at it and get there. That's how making gameplay works. That's not screwing anyone, it's just content.

As for managing the economy? Sometimes, that means turning knobs up. Sometimes that means turning knobs down. And they get turned up way more often than down; we get far more stuff than we did when I joined, that's for sure. But still, nobody is getting screwed.
    Still not a he.
  • Separatist sure are getting some interesting kits.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Aydnie wrote: »
    Another separatist release, and yet another "synergy suggestion" WITHOUT Assaj on it. What are those synergy suggestions for ? You're quite forcing the meta sometimes.

Why do you want Assaj to be out of the separatist faction so bad ?

I don't WANT her to be out of the Seperatist faction, and I don't think anyone else does, but Nightsisters are garbage without her, so I really don't know what else to do about that.

,, in the regular arena you only have one team you know.. so.. if you use assaj on arena with separatist it doesnt disadvantage ns as you dont use them anyways...
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Edit wrong thread.

The devs have to make and manage the game environment and the economy. They have to set up the obstacles to be overcome. This isn't anyone being "screwed." This is game design.

Any time you make a decision across the scale of the entire game of any significance, it will be more advantageous to some people than others. That isn't anyone being screwed. That's just the game existing. Someone would be just as disadvantaged by inaction.

They also have the job of creating the obstacles and challenges in the game. Yes, that means making things hard, and so that you can't necessarily swing it immediately but you can work at it and get there. That's how making gameplay works. That's not screwing anyone, it's just content.

"it will be more advantageous to some people than others" and being at a disadvantage is similar to being screwed, to the point where some people could almost consider and use them exchangeable terms

With mobile games, new content/releases is bound to "screw" someone and leave them in an less than optimal position (could be due to something as simple as "not enough credits" or something more deep) though eventually most will learn, do the things needed/required and get into a good position, maybe not in advantageous position compared to the rest of the players but not one where they're at a disadvantageous position that screws them and leaves them comfortable with their progress, since that's the nature of these games, to (hopefully) learn, build and grow

Honestly though I can't see this convo going anywhere else but in circles, plus we're in completely different time zones for the most part so this is just going to be inconvenient if it continues so lets just understand most of eachother's points, agree to disagree with the rest and move on to better things, like preparing for our guilds for Geonosis and the challenge (and hopefully fun) it brings and chilling with our guildmates in the mean time
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    I wonder what his dots will be like on a zVader team? Would he get to stack and trigger them endlessly? I hope so.

Not sure what you mean by "trigger endlessly", but the DoTs will reapply after Wat uses his ability, yes. The DoT damage really isn't that great (even on a raid, if you get 50 DoTs Overload might do, what...80k?). In any PvP setting, triggering 5-8 DoTs will be all but useless. I don't really see much of an application with Zader honestly.
  • Someone wanna tell me how any character in this game has synergies with Poggle?
  • Someone wanna tell me how any character in this game has synergies with Poggle?

Probably cause of the separatist tag, though it could also mean Wat has synergies to the reworked Poggle that we can't see yet
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Dryff wrote: »
    I wonder what his dots will be like on a zVader team? Would he get to stack and trigger them endlessly? I hope so.

Not sure what you mean by "trigger endlessly", but the DoTs will reapply after Wat uses his ability, yes. The DoT damage really isn't that great (even on a raid, if you get 50 DoTs Overload might do, what...80k?). In any PvP setting, triggering 5-8 DoTs will be all but useless. I don't really see much of an application with Zader honestly.

Raid bosses take reduced damage from DoTs since it's a max health dependant damage (just like expose f.e.). In normal PvE/PvP environment 1 single DoT deals 5% of a characters max HP per turn so when using Wat's special to trigger lets say 10 DoTs that's 50% max HP damage.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    "it will be more advantageous to some people than others" and being at a disadvantage is similar to being screwed, to the point where some people could almost consider and use them exchangeable terms

With mobile games, new content/releases is bound to "screw" someone and leave them in an less than optimal position (could be due to something as simple as "not enough credits" or something more deep) though eventually most will learn, do the things needed/required and get into a good position, maybe not in advantageous position compared to the rest of the players but not one where they're at a disadvantageous position that screws them and leaves them comfortable with their progress, since that's the nature of these games, to (hopefully) learn, build and grow

Honestly though I can't see this convo going anywhere else but in circles, plus we're in completely different time zones for the most part so this is just going to be inconvenient if it continues so lets just understand most of eachother's points, agree to disagree with the rest and move on to better things, like preparing for our guilds for Geonosis and the challenge (and hopefully fun) it brings and chilling with our guildmates in the mean time
    No, that is not how that works.

There are literally no options that does not disadvantage someone in game design. That is not someone being screwed.

To assert that someone is being screwed suggests malicious intent. It inherently makes it personal, and removes the capacity to be reasonable about the decision or try and view it from both sides. Framing it as getting "screwed" is the most useless way you can frame it, is wrong, is wrongheaded, and makes the community a worse place by fostering toxicity using inappropriately incendiary language over routine matters.

New content release isn't screwing anybody. There's just more game now. That's not a punishment. That is literally what we're all here for.
    Post edited by YaeVizsla on
    Still not a he.

There are literally no options that does not disadvantage someone in game design. That is not someone being screwed.

To assert that someone is being screwed suggests malicious intent. It inherently makes it personal, and removes the capacity to be reasonable about the decision or try and view it from both sides. Framing it as getting "screwed" is the most useless way you can frame it, is wrong, is wrongheaded, and makes the community a worse place by fostering toxicity using inappropriately incendiary language over routine matters.

New content release isn't screwing anybody. There's just more game now. That's not a punishment. That is literally what we're all here for.

I don’t necessarily agree that getting screwed implies malicious intent. People say things like “That dodge screwed me” in a battle. We say “Team X got screwed by that call” all the time in sports. That doesn’t mean the officials did it on purpose. Getting screwed can just be bad luck.

Just cause I use "sub optimal language" for something doesn't mean I don't try to view things from both sides, I do, that's how I do most things actually (the world isn't black and white after all) and I've have seen and heard many good points from players of the game and thought up a few myself
    I also doubt miss using using a word or two will "foster enough toxicity" to do any real harm to the community (or Cg), games have dealt with worse and survived (heck I've even seen some of those situations firsthand)

Anyway, due to us understanding things the other doesn't (I know a good bit about Lego but that won't do much on this forum) we could going in circles for awhile if it continues and I doubt either of us want to go through that

Let's agree to disagree and move on to better things

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

I don’t necessarily agree that getting screwed implies malicious intent. People say things like “That dodge screwed me” in a battle. We say “Team X got screwed by that call” all the time in sports. That doesn’t mean the officials did it on purpose. Getting screwed can just be bad luck.

It’s malicious language that has found its place in society as a tool to exaggerate common mishaps. I mean, the action of being screwed is quite malicious.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Just cause I use "sub optimal language" for something doesn't mean I don't try to view things from both sides, I do, that's how I do most things actually (the world isn't black and white after all) and I've have seen and heard many good points from players of the game and thought up a few myself
    I also doubt miss using using a word or two will "foster enough toxicity" to do any real harm to the community (or Cg), games have dealt with worse and survived (heck I've even seen some of those situations firsthand)

Anyway, due to us understanding things the other doesn't (I know a good bit about Lego but that won't do much on this forum) we could going in circles for awhile if it continues and I doubt either of us want to go through that

You’re on the SWGOH forum. There is no such thing as agree to disagree
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

This. Either with your shield or on it!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    So he can only grant one piece of tech per battle?
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member

Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. Either with your shield or on it!

Sad, isn’t it?
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »

It costs too much to move tech from toon to toon, right?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Looks... Ummm... Interesting?
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »

I read it as one of each tech at a time per battle. He can have up to 3 out at a time.
  • Dinotank46 wrote: »
    Looks... Ummm... Interesting?

That’s one way of putting it. Lol
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ