Friday Wrap Up (&Fun Fact!) - 6/14

CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
Hi Holotable Heroes,

We another busy week of new as we get closer to Grand Arena Championships and the new Territory Battle.

Friday Fun Fact:
Most of our meetings rooms are named after Star Wars characters or places like Cloud City, Millennium Falcon, Tie Fighter, etc
ro0a6o5t825w.jpg

One of the names has always annoyed me since I joined this studio but you tell me if I'm just crazy...
mw4kv4pzigd1.jpg
IT'S THE GREAT PIT OF CARKOON!!! A very friendly sarlacc resides there but it is not his "pit" right?

At least it has the proper resident:
y7n7t1d2pvm4.jpg

This Week in SWGOH:

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Should've named your restrooms Sarlaac Pits!

I'm curious to know if you guys have appropriate props for each meeting room

EDIT: What's the meeting room for puzzles?
  • WOW no one uses spy now. And you are nerfing him? Lol. The bugs already suck. I cannot see them ever being useful
  • WOW no one uses spy now. And you are nerfing him? Lol. The bugs already suck. I cannot see them ever being useful

Look at the new bug. Your mind should change.
  • I don’t think anyone has ever tried to tell the Sarlacc it isn’t his pit. If they did, I can’t imagine it went well.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    First pic seems to show a holotable. Would love to see the entire thing.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Same. There is a painting on the wall that gives you a hint if you enlarge the image. I would also love to see Han Solo and the rest on the actual table as the painting
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    It's been a good week in the SWGOH universe. Fun exciting content coming, a lot of bonus shards, gear and materials from the double drops and of course unlimited entertainment from the forums regarding all these things. Just one request though.....can we get a week of double avocado drops?
  • Our conference rooms are named similarly, however we also have Harry Potter Theme, Disney Animated theme, Disney Live Action Theme, video games of the 80s, board games, Battlestar Galactica, Movies about Lawyers, Jerry Seinfeld Show, etc. Our help desk names are also theme, Endor, The Green Dragon Inn, 10 Forward etc.

Fun stuff
  • CG_SBCrumb
    Ultra wrote: »
    Should've named your restrooms Sarlaac Pits!

I'm curious to know if you guys have appropriate props for each meeting room

EDIT: What's the meeting room for puzzles?
    Some of them have appropriate props like Poe is in X-Wing but not all of them. The puzzle meeting room is Crumb's home office :P
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Unfortunately, the photos of the holotable that I have on my phone are a bit blurry. I'll take a good one for you on Monday
  • CG_SBCrumb
    Our conference rooms are named similarly, however we also have Harry Potter Theme, Disney Animated theme, Disney Live Action Theme, video games of the 80s, board games, Battlestar Galactica, Movies about Lawyers, Jerry Seinfeld Show, etc. Our help desk names are also theme, Endor, The Green Dragon Inn, 10 Forward etc.

Fun stuff

That's pretty awesome. Atlanta International Airport has some route names that you might recognize
    vkR2j.jpg

9i8N5.jpg

• Fixer
    150 posts Member
    Is that some form of foam toy forts in the sarlaac pit? Do you have some kind of nerf battle in there or something?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Anyone else expecting to see Kozispoon in the sarlacc pit?
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    Proper dedication right there, though I would have thought it more appropriate to name the conference room with the black door “tie fighter” and the one with the red door “X-wing” 😉
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Our conference rooms are named similarly, however we also have Harry Potter Theme, Disney Animated theme, Disney Live Action Theme, video games of the 80s, board games, Battlestar Galactica, Movies about Lawyers, Jerry Seinfeld Show, etc. Our help desk names are also theme, Endor, The Green Dragon Inn, 10 Forward etc.

Fun stuff

That's pretty awesome. Atlanta International Airport has some route names that you might recognize
    vkR2j.jpg

9i8N5.jpg

The unfortunate part is that Atlanta International Airport is utterly awful, but kudos to the naming scheme.
  • There's a clue staring us in the face of what's to come, just an FYI.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Fun fact: a single marquee toon costs $400 to 7* on release and CG meeting rooms are designated by unlaminated plain white paper signs printed on an inkjet and put in place with scotch tape.....
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Always has to be one guy to bring up other topics to the fun fact thread
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I love complaints poorly disguised as fun facts.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Fun fact: a single marquee toon costs $400 to 7* on release and CG meeting rooms are designated by unlaminated plain white paper signs printed on an inkjet and put in place with scotch tape.....

I noticed this too lmao. EA gotta take their cut too!
  • @CG_SBCrumb so what are the restrooms called?
  • I assume Lucifersdaddy occupies palpatines throne room?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the photos of the holotable that I have on my phone are a bit blurry. I'll take a good one for you on Monday

NOBODY TELL HIM
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

NOBODY TELL HIM

He knows, he just has to pretend he doesn't know otherwise EA turns a different knob. One that hurts. Alot.
  • CG_SBCrumb

NOBODY TELL HIM

I said I would take the picture Monday. Who said anything about posting it! Last few days have been quite busy but check these out:

It doubles as a charging station and as an arena to test your digital might
    bhij25yvdbgs.jpg
    j322oc07cp6e.jpg

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Yep, I was right. Pretending Monday still exists.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Pretty cool table. The four circles is bugging my OCD because the game doesn't support 4v4
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

NOBODY TELL HIM

I said I would take the picture Monday. Who said anything about posting it! Last few days have been quite busy but check these out:

It doubles as a charging station and as an arena to test your digital might
    bhij25yvdbgs.jpg
    j322oc07cp6e.jpg

Lets see a video of it in action
  • I noticed the corner of that in one of the door label pix, was curious. @CG_Crumb, what a tease! At least turn the darn thing on before taking a pic, let’s see it in action.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019
    I don't know why I still feel fascinated by the art on the wall. I wonder if they have more artwork in other rooms based on the game that is different than the ones (featuring different toons) we see in that picture

That wall art would be a dope in-game loading screen tbh