Lmao 140$ for 3 gear 12 pieces

Prev1
Boros
507 posts Member
Oh this is reach, man mobile games are cancer of gaming 22j6jqir7073.jpg
If you buy this for this price you are addicted to this game and you should get some major help

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Check back what top players on swgoh.gg has in a week. You'll see a roster full of 12+5s (currently even top 10 has limited amounts of them)
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    £99 on mine, what a joke
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    we don't live in the same world CG/EA
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Jenjhys wrote: »

I'm not spending either, but the only world that matters is the one where people pay for this stuff. I'm guessing they have data that indicates people will.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I'm not spending either, but the only world that matters is the one where people pay for this stuff. I'm guessing they have data that indicates people will.

Like I said those people need help. No one can justify spending this amount of money not even if you are a millionaire
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Boros wrote: »

Like I said those people need help. No one can justify spending this amount of money not even if you are a millionaire

I don't think you grasp how much a million dollars is.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member

Oh wow really, oh let me see 1 million is... such a hard number to grasp um uh oh its $1,000,000, or roughly a **** house in north Vancouver. And even if you had 100 million dollar you shouldnt still spend that kind of money on a phone game
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Oh wow really, oh let me see 1 million is... such a hard number to grasp um uh oh its $1,000,000, or roughly a **** house in north Vancouver. And even if you had 100 million dollar you shouldnt still spend that kind of money on a phone game

If you think a hundred dollars matters in the slightest to someone with that kind of money, you don't grasp the concept at all.

Maybe you can grasp this. Someone who has $50,000 in the bank would pay $5 at that rate. Is spending $5 on a mobile phone game insane?
  • Nobody is forcing you to buy this stuff?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited June 2019

404M $. Read that number out loud. That's the number people spent on swgoh on the last checkpoint in it's lifetime.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member

If you think a hundred dollars matters in the slightest to someone with that kind of money, you don't grasp the concept at all.

Maybe you can grasp this. Someone who has $50,000 in the bank would pay $5 at that rate. Is spending $5 on a mobile phone game insane?

Bro just forget it alright, talking to you is waste of my time
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Bro just forget it alright, talking to you is waste of my time

I have come to learn that this is your way of saying "my bad, you were right."

Cheers.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    How dare you call me an aavocado?
  • Boros
    507 posts Member

A avocado has some use, you on the other hand , not so much
  • Boros wrote: »

With 100 million dollars you would be making $14,000 a day from interest alone at 5% interest. You wouldn't even blink at dropping a few thousand to upgrade some characters.
  • I very rarely spend more than $20 at a time on this game but the example I always point out when someone claims that its absurd to spend money on a phone game is that one night out drinking with my buddies and I will spend well over $100 and will have nothing to show for it the next day (other than a great time of course); but there are people that have been playing this game for years so dropping $100 on this game (or any game they play alot) will reap benefits for far beyond just one night.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

With 100 million dollars you would be making $14,000 a day from interest alone at 5% interest. You wouldn't even blink at dropping a few thousand to upgrade some characters.

You would probably also be doing something way more awesome than playing a mobile game. I would anyway.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

You would probably also be doing something way more awesome than playing a mobile game. I would anyway.

Ferrari...
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member

A avocado has some use, you on the other hand , not so much

@TVF brightens my day.. i’d call that useful..

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Ferrari...

Four of them. And a Maserati!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj5xTS53XaU
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

It's okay man, they probably never heard of Wii u
  • sukhnidhan
    6 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    i think the pack rates should be based on Purchasing power parity, instead of direct conversion rate of amrican dollars to native currency. In India 99$ converts to whopping ₹7900... Not even a top level bureaucrat or government job holder earns that much in a single day.... only businesmen have that luxury. And to be honest, i haven’t met anyone in my circle who spend 100$ on a video game in their entire life... We can purchase whole game for sure, but in-game purchases, which are equivalent to purchasing whole another console game, no we don’t do that here.... People usually earn ₹50,000 in entire month. And they too are those who get very Good positions in MNCs(Multi-National Companies). So, will they sacrifice 1/7th of their money on one purchase? what do you think? I guess not...
    Post edited by sukhnidhan on
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    sukhnidhan wrote: »
    i think the pack rates should be based on Purchasing power parity, instead of direct conversion rate of amrican dollars to native currency. In India 99$ converts to whopping ₹7900... Not even a top level bureaucrat or government job holder earns that much in a single day.... only businesmen have that luxury. And to be honest, i haven’t met anyone in my circle who spend 100$ on a video game in their entire life... We can purchase whole game for sure, but in-game purchases, which are equivalent to purchasing whole another console game, no we don’t that here.... People usually earn ₹50,000 in entire month. And they too are those who get very Good positions in MNCs(Multi-National Companies). So, will they sacrifice 1/7th of their money on one purchase? what do you think? I guess not...

I understand exactly what you are saying. There's 1/6 parity between $ and my currency too (i.e. it's 6x more expensive for me) so I will never spend money on this game even though I can. And then CG can't simply sell them for lower price points on other countries. For one, a player can cheat where they are and buy them for cheap and two, the money they earn from you are gonna get spent on their land.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    For one, a player can cheat where they are and buy them for cheap and two, the money they earn from you are gonna get spent on their land.

This is why i believe they do no longer have lower pricess in lower average wage countries like the Ukraine and brazil for example.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Why do you think you´re able to determine what other people can justify?
    I personally think the pricess are ridiculous, but if others think it's worth it who am i to say they're wrong?
    Saying everyone who spends that kind of money on a mobile game needs help is just silly. Some do, sure, others don't.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Alright cool it off in here with the call outs and personal attacks. If it continues I'm locking the thread.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Darth wrote: »
    It’s ridiculous!! This game and mobile games in general are a complete rip off and a joke! Top tier triple A games cost $60! The whole “free to play” model is a joke and should be illegal. I’d rather pay $60 for this game and get all the content free or unlock it with in game currency that doesn’t take 6 months to unlock by a ripoff grind wall!!! They charge $20 for a single gear piece! $60 for a ripoff pack! It’s getting crazy! The free to play model needs to go away

if you'd rather pay 60 bucks for a tripple A game, why are you here? I don't understand that :s
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Darth wrote: »
    It’s ridiculous!! This game and mobile games in general are a complete rip off and a joke! Top tier triple A games cost $60! The whole “free to play” model is a joke and should be illegal. I’d rather pay $60 for this game and get all the content free or unlock it with in game currency that doesn’t take 6 months to unlock by a ripoff grind wall!!! They charge $20 for a single gear piece! $60 for a ripoff pack! It’s getting crazy! The free to play model needs to go away

This is an AAA game. The meaning what the term consisted of changed over time, you can look it up.