No JKR = no win

I have over 4mil gp but I'm a year away from getting JKR, let alone any of the characters needed to get him up to 7 stars or any of the characters after him. Since JKR teams are so powerful should I even bother trying this?

Replies

• Yes, get JKR asap.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Wil_Tyla wrote: »
    I have over 4mil gp but I'm a year away from getting JKR, let alone any of the characters needed to get him up to 7 stars or any of the characters after him. Since JKR teams are so powerful should I even bother trying this?

How are you 4 mil and still that far off from getting Revan? Did you totally ignore the last 8 months of the game? Not throwing shade, just really wondering.

Perhaps you meant Darth Revan?
  • Got 3 or 4 people in my guild with around the same gp and no revan. Brick wall and head, although at least 2 of them should have him next time round.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Honestly, CG has done everything they can to make JKR not as useful. DR counters him, Padme counters him, GG now counters him, NS counters him, Traya counters him, CLS legendary team counters him... Do you not have CLS/Traya/NS? At 4m GP, I'd imagine that you do.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Honestly, CG has done everything they can to make JKR not as useful. DR counters him, Padme counters him, GG now counters him, NS counters him, Traya counters him, CLS legendary team counters him... Do you not have CLS/Traya/NS? At 4m GP, I'd imagine that you do.

do you tho?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    If you're at four mi., you can absolutely get Revan if not this cycle, then next cycle, and you can get one of the multiple JKR counters.

Things that can counter JKR:

JKR, DR of course.

Traya with a mod advantage for a fast Thrawn.

CLS and the Rebel quartet using CLS's zeta lead to turn tenacity up against them.

Padme in multiple lineups.

zTalzin Nightsisters, again using Talzin's zeta lead to turn tenacity up against them.

JTR with R2 going before Revan in order to put the mark on someone who can take the abuse. Tenacious Nest, Scarif Rebel Pathfinder, or a Droideka fast enough to go before Revan (which is still pretty slow given if you have Droideka, R2, BB-8, and 3PO in a team, they all start with 36% TM).

Zaul with tenacious Nest. (Least reliable on this list, but it works.)

Aurra hunters with tenacious Nest.

GG droids with Nute.

Ten teams that can beat JKR. If you're at 4 mil, while you probably won't have all of them, you can reasonably be expected to put one of these together to deal with one of the major threats.
    Still not a he.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Yes, get JKR asap.

^ Seems like a no brainer to me.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    Wil_Tyla wrote: »

+1

I'm 2.4M and I don't have even Bastila yet. Ever since these two characters were released, I'm loosing out. With my GP it is even hard to get any of available counters - no Darth Revan obviously, no Separatists droids, no Padme, no Nightsisters, no Traya - my guild can do just Tier V STR.

No I did not ignore last 8 months. I just chose investing into wrong content. I have CLS legendary team. Still gearing C3PO but I found that team serious disappointment. Considering how many teams you need to build and gear to build this team, I would expect them to be much more competitive. I finally got all characters for JTR, just need to gear them a bit. I also have everything I need to get 7* **** this time - so at least in ships I may have some luck.

I'm now 100% focused on JKR farming but that is still 3-4 months away.

• YetiYeti wrote: »

I have a strong NS team but that's it and they get beat almost Everytime. I don't have legendary Chewie or Threepio. I have Traya but she's 4 battles away from 7*. Of the 5 characters needed to unlock JKR they're all 3 stars with only 1 having any shards (12\30). I just got GG to 7* but only have a 5* droidika, 3* B1 and 7*\g9 B2. I guess I just make really stupid choices with my resources.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    How are you using your Nightsisters? What lead, what lineup, who's your fifth, how are they modded, what zetas do you have?
    Still not a he.