Grand Arena Championships – GP Divisions [MEGA]

Replies

• I am currently at 2.9m GP. I have 10 g12 chars and have 14 zetas. I am matched against a player with 3.6m GP with 35 zetas and 38 gear 12 chars. YOUR MATCHMAKING SUCKS CG. The division clearly shows the range of GP for division 4 to be 2.5m-3.09m GP. I WANT ANSWERS, but more important i want it FIXED. This is UNFAIR AF. Here is proof. fqss6owsumyh.png
    pqchl37hmf0b.png Thanks for the 0 zetas
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Exactly same gp as you. Matchmaking on further parameters doesn't look in effects and beyond gp it looks as random as it was on GA.

25sa2xb2k32u.png
  • Different squad number in division makes weaker players behind in number of 180 points per round that makes 540 points per GA that makes 2160 points difference per championship, that's wrong, there should be equal chances in same division
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Broodzero wrote: »
    pwq1qadookgb.jpg

This is some **** matchmaking. Opponent is 200k gp stronger and more than double my g12, and it seems as though I'll have to set 6 teams instead of 5. 'Lean' accounts are trash.

What are you complaining about. You have revan and he does not. Set it on defence in the territory with two squads, put trash in all your other territories and keep everyone else for offense. Sick of all these complaints.

As for everyone else who are versing different divisions (as I am). I assume this goes with the improvement in matchmaking, you might be in div 4 because of your gp but you might have only 1 g12 so being matched with a person in div 5 is fair and I'm pretty sure when this happens you only have to set squads that match up with the lowest division.
  • KaiK
    16 posts Member
    I agree, players with higher Numbers of squads that are required for setting defence get extra 180 points per round + possibility to get another +/- 120 during attack phase. This is not an equal chance to win the champioship, i think it is even impossible. This should be changed.
  • hb3d
    3 posts Member
    I agree--number of squads needs to be consistent per division for it to be fair. It's not fair if people who use fleets lose out ~1000 banners because they can't set as many squads. Each division should have the same chances of getting banners for it to be a fair competition. If that means you need more divisions, so some higher GP people will deploy less squads, then do so.

I would hope this is exactly the kind of issue/bug that they'll fix after this exhibition round :/
  • This is very big issue!
    Division 2 and 3 are mixed in GA battles.

Im in D2, and on GA fighting with G3.
    As a result, I get "540 Lifetime" for setting DEF (max 6 teams), while many in Division 2 have "720 Lifetime" (8 teams).

As a result, I will NEVER even be in the top 1000.

My example.

qyrrcr3da436.jpg

Screenshot_20190622_172315_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row.jpg
    Screenshot_20190622_172331_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row.jpg
    Screenshot_20190622_172309_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row.jpg
  • So im in div 4 my oppnent is in div 3 is this how ga tourney is?like people in lower divs challenge people in higher divisions or are are supposed to battle within your division?
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    At first I thought that was something that needed fixing but the more I think about it the more reasonable it is.my situation for example, I am just barely in division one. If all I faced were other division 1 players, everybody would have a higher GP than me. at least this way there's a better chance I will have some even matches or God forbid enjoy an advantage once in awhile.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    DocDoom wrote: »
    At first I thought that was something that needed fixing but the more I think about it the more reasonable it is.my situation for example, I am just barely in division one. If all I faced were other division 1 players, everybody would have a higher GP than me. at least this way there's a better chance I will have some even matches or God forbid enjoy an advantage once in awhile.

Given that there's also a ship zone, that's whom you'll be facing though.
  • DocDoom wrote: »

You're wrong.
    If you face an opponent from another division (lower) you automatically get LESS points, than people from your division fighting with people from the same division.

In this event, it's all about getting points and getting promoted to higher leagues. If you have fewer points then you have less chance of promotion, and this is synonymous with BORROWER prizes.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    DarthNosfi wrote: »

You're wrong.
    If you face an opponent from another division (lower) you automatically get LESS points, than people from your division fighting with people from the same division.

In this event, it's all about getting points and getting promoted to higher leagues. If you have fewer points then you have less chance of promotion, and this is synonymous with BORROWER prizes.

No you don't have less chance. What you lose from setting defences can be made up in winning on offence. If you set 8 but have no chance of beating a squad, overall you'll lose points compared to setting 6 on defence and actually have a chance of beat squads, winning territories and winning the match up. Think of the big picture......
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    I'm just going to go with the flow and do my best wherever they put me. Just like before. There will always be a stronger team than you. If this process is even somewhat improved from before then that's a good start.
  • Saada wrote: »
    DarthNosfi wrote: »

You're wrong.

No you don't have less chance. What you lose from setting defences can be made up in winning on offence. If you set 8 but have no chance of beating a squad, overall you'll lose points compared to setting 6 on defence and actually have a chance of beat squads, winning territories and winning the match up. Think of the big picture......

It can not be made up on offense. This needs to be fixed. I cleared all 6 battles all 6 with undermanned squads and still had 500 points less than others in my same division, some who have much less character total GP than I do.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Who are you to decide how the game is intended to be played?
    A paying customer?

Paying customer? That doesn't let you decide everything lol.

I can go into Burger King and demand to buy a puppy as a paying customer, but it's not gonna get me anywhere.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    Hmm so I've not read all of the post here, but we are returning to matching by gp with FLEET while there are no fleet battles right? Divisions does not take that into account.

That's cool :). Love to make some orbital bombardment unfortunately my ships will stay in the hangar.

Or maybe I missed something in all those messages?

This would ensure no cross division GA matchups which is good if that's what Erik post means.

Cross division play was a progression problem since it penalized players who heavily invested in ships by limiting their division progression by giving them less character combat to do compared to other players with the same total gp who ignored ships completely.

Neglecting a game mode completely should not be rewarded. That's like paper zombie but for a whole mode of the game.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    I am a 4.5 mill GP player who was just put in a bracket with two 5.3 mill GP players and five 5mill GP players!?! Makes no sense CG! I hope this is a bug.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • darklinkto
    43 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I am 2.9M Gp vs a 3.6M Go. We are division 4 and 3 mix in the same table. Is that normal ?
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    What is happening now? Normally GP difference is really minimal (even in the last cancelled GA), but now the range is extremely large. Please fix this !?!

rd1vouxycuns.jpeg
    7vbhr2xb6iag.jpeg
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I just posted this in another thread. The GAC matchup algorithim is worse than the old one.

The person I am against in round 1 has 220k more character GP than me (2.882 million to 2.661 million). Has a 7*, g12+5 Malak (I don't have Malak at all). Mod-wise he has:
    68 15+speed mods to my 36.
    57 100+offense mods to my 26.

This is not an improvement. This is far worse than any matchup I have ever faced in any previous GA. It's not better - it's worse. @CG_SBCrumb Please have them fix this game mode - especially if this is going to be the long term "dominant" mode to replace arena.

That's roughly a 10% higher GP and double the number of good speed and offense mods. If that's "fixed" can we go back to broken please?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Having issues also. Multiple players in my division have GP well above the posted limit for division 4
  • Im a division 6 player with 1.7mil GP. In my bracket I have two people who are division 4 with more than 2.5mil GP, and five people who are division 5 and have ~2.2mil GP. Tell me how in this lovely world is that balanced?! You want me to have ten squads with five chars heeeeeeeey, and for my (1.7mil) GP thats really not okay... Cancel the event. Fix the problem. Start the event again. Take your time for the love of God. Im really frustrated. Thanks.
  • Oh well, more free rewards I guess. Though I really miss GA.

giphy.gif
  • 62 g12 vs 115 g12
    68v560we5m6t.png
  • Same problem here. My GP is 2.9 mil and the first opponent I got matched to has a GP of 3.7 mil!!! And all but one other opponent in my bracket have a GP of at least 300k higher than me. How can i even stand a chance against them.......please fix the problem and start over. It’s just unfair.
  • It makes no sense they messed with matchmaking. The whole climbing bracket thing will do that in itself. Obviously people in the higher leagues will have better rosters otherwise they wouldn't have made it there. If you put all the people with more optimized rosters at the start doesn't it defeat the purpose of having the leagues?
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    How can this be?

I’m on division 3 as I have 3.2M

My opponent has less 2.9M and is on division 4

??

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
This discussion has been closed.