Complete set synergies.

Why isn't there a nice bonus for having a complete squad synergy. Like all sith, all clone, all Jedi, all night sister.
I see a lot of squads that may be close to being complete, like 4 Jedi, but then have GS or fotp or ig86 thrown in.

Shouldn't a squad that's complete get a little extra advantage? Maybe something based on the star rating of the lowest star in the group?

Also, why not location synergies? Imperial star destroyer? Empire bonus. Endor forest? Ewok bonus. Coruscant? Jedi bonus.

These next level of synergies may keep the arenas more interesting instead of 90% of teams using different combos of the same 12 characters.
Just a thought.

Replies

• They are there. Ig-86 and poggle gets bonus for droids in army etc, many of the leader bonuses are class based. I am happy with that mechanic as is.
  • They are there. Ig-86 and poggle gets bonus for droids in army etc, many of the leader bonuses are class based. I am happy with that mechanic as is.

I understand they already have leadership abilities that only affect a certain faction. But if you have a complete squad like an all sith team.

Darth sidious
    Darth maul
    Darth vador
    Count dooku
    Savage oppress

There should be some added bonus so that they could actually compete against a mixed team which I think we all can say is superior at the moment.

Right now, the mechanic is kind of boring. Who wants to live in a galaxy where a genosian soldier can mean defeat for the above all sith team.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    This would be an interesting concept for later in the game. Currently there aren't enough of each faction/class to have a full squad. However, as the game matures and the roster grows there could be faction/class bonuses similar to set bonuses granted by armor in MMOs.

An example is providing a set bonus that provides a small bonus at 3/5 and a larger, typically separate bonus, at 5/5.
  • Right now an entire Sith squad is impracticable due to 3 squishy guys in the lineup: Maul, Sid and Dooku.

That's a pitty, I have the complete squad, but no way to run in arena or GW.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • I faced a full Sith team in Arena the other day with my cookie cutter speed team. Sid and Maul were dead before they the AI even got a turn.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Perhaps allowing all the leader abilities to work with a complete team would be flipping awesome. Like how during regular game play when you have the two leader abilities. Perhaps it would be too devastating lol...
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Then again the answer could be like allowing half the leader ability to be used. I mean I have characters I don't level up their leader ability because I won't be using them as a leader. Yet if I knew half of that leader ability would be used in my all Jedi team.... Time to go back and level all them leader abilities up lol.
  • dtmike1 wrote: »
    Perhaps allowing all the leader abilities to work with a complete team would be flipping awesome. Like how during regular game play when you have the two leader abilities. Perhaps it would be too devastating lol...

I think that may be a little too much. I wouldn't want it to make the complete teams invincible. Then all we'd see in the arena is the 1 most powerful team.
    All I want is to bring balance to the force. Is that so much to ask? Lol.
    A modest speed, health, damage bump for having a complete set would be enough to make them competitive without being unbeatable.
  • If team synergy is too valuable the choice wouldn't be between toons, but rather between teams of the strongest types of characters. And you run into problems where one or two of them is simply stringer than the rest. Compound that with chromium only characters and I shudder to think how off balance this could make the game.

I mean, it could be w perfect implementation, and it would be awesome. Or we could have a horrible overbalanced situation where f2p all make a nightsister team and all the p2p make a super Jedi team, and anyone not in those factions can cry in a corner.