Rebels Basic Training Event

BAST420
33 posts Member
Can someone please tell me what the point of forcing a group on you that flat out cannot beat the final level, unless you happen to get lucky.
I mean Old Ben and R2?? Like there isn't any other rebels that can be put in there. Old Ben is trash! No matter which way you slice it, and R2 is basically worthless in high level fights, unless it is an AI controlled R2 then he's frickin invincible. Also seems that Han, who is supposed go be a top tier guy can't seem to take a hit without losing more than half his armor. C'mon there isn't even a auto fight option. That's lame!!
I've done tbis battle maybe a dozen times, and get smoked every time, maybe take the Tie pilot and a stormtrooper with me. Cause the emperor seems to be a 1 shot kill guy, and Thrawns second move if it doesn't outright kill you, you maybe have a spec of red left which Vader cleans right up.
Now up until the final battle it was good, gave me a chance to use some toons I normally wouldn't use, but to force a lame group for the end battle is just a shame. A really good and fun event just to get boned at the end with a group that is half dead weight.
Look I get the point of the event, let's everyone know what each of these rebels can do, but final battles should be a player choice roster, especially given the difficulty of the battle.

Ok said my piece.

If anyone has any tips on beating the final battle. I would certainly welcome the help.

Replies

• Couldn't agree more, there's a guy in my guild talking **** saying it was easy and he's obviously lying. One time I got a ton of crits, had all the recommended buffs, and like everyone else only killed tfp and one stormtrooper. I did figure out that you need to uses r2 to stealth everyone other than CLS who the ai refuses to buff so that his specials can't be used properly. I mean **** would they do this..
  • Okay sorry for the double post but I just beat it. Sorry to say but there are 4 equally hard training events, it seemed like the devs were trolling at first but they want you to figure it out.
    You need to inflict buff immunity on one stormtrooper, and stun the other one. Also stun Vader and kill thrawn to avoid being fractured and losing automatically.
  • Ren you were spot on! Finally cleared that sucker! Woot and ty!
  • Ah, that did the trick. Everyone kept telling me that all I needed to do was stun Thrawn, stun EP, and then kill Thrawn and kill EP. Then when pressed, they said you need to ability block the Stormtroopers too. But what they didn't say is that you need to play as defensively as possible. You need to stop the other team from doing anything at all, and about the only one you can let go is Vader and only for one turn. I guess TFP might be able to get away with a turn and not destroy your chances of winning. To do that, you need to stun and ability block as many characters as you can, and you need to do buff immunity on the Stormtroopers in addition as much as possible. But stunning them is great too. Forget about damage until everyone is knocked out, except when you have a character that can't do anything except damage because their defensive moves are on cooldown. But prioritize Leia's stealth, R2's stealth (as long as Ben is alive), and Han's crit moves over doing damage too. Then take out Thrawn, EP, Vader, TFP, Stormtroopers in that order. Once I figured out that strategy, I did it in one attempt.
  • THANK you. Finally managed to do it, though not perfectly (Old Ben became one with the Force, because I didn't really bother to stunlock TFP or the two stormies, I just disabled their abilities).

For the rest, I did as suggested, kept stunning Thrawn, EP, Vader (in that order, at the start), and then killed them in the order of EP, Thrawn, Vader.
  • Yeah, that was the only one that gave me any trouble. Took about 10 attempts to figure out.

Pretty sure they've made it so Ben has to die to showcase that particular part of his ability set.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Why can't I use my rebel team. The default rebels are not very stong, no mods. Very frustrating.
  • Okay sorry for the double post but I just beat it. Sorry to say but there are 4 equally hard training events, it seemed like the devs were trolling at first but they want you to figure it out.
    You need to inflict buff immunity on one stormtrooper, and stun the other one. Also stun Vader and kill thrawn to avoid being fractured and losing automatically.

Thanks a lot dude, I was stuck in that
  • copymaster2017
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    My problem with the rebel training is that what you are supposed to do hardly ever works. I have noticed R2's smoke screen not protect everyone, i have had old bens ability block not last on the storm troopers, ive had it where R2 and hans stuns either don't work like they should or they do not last. What is the point of saying hey learn how to use these characters abilities for the abilities to not work? I have been on this mission since it came out and yet still seeing the same issues which makes no sense. In my opinion they should either make the abilities you have to use actually work or put in an auto button for this. I have read guides, tips, and even watched online videos and followed it verbatim to have completely different outcomes. Its like telling a kid hey learn to ride a bike and you rip off the chain and handle bars and go yeah that looks right. sorry for the rant
  • I still can't manage this. Can anyone share a turn by turn guide maybe please?
  • I watched a turn by turn video and still nothing worked exactly the same way as in the video. Its not about skill but about luck
  • For those still struggling, the key is stunning one stormtrooper and ability block the other. Make sure to use R2 to stealth everyone but Luke. Go after Thrawn and Vadar and leave EP till the end. TIE Pilot will take care of itself.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    @MasterJediBrian Been too long since I did the event but this is a good guide. Also, welcome to the forums. Check out the new players index, full it's full of useful stuff.

Like the link I've posted below, which will take you to the acronyms glossary which should help: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154048/guide-to-the-acronyms-and-terms-of-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-swgoh#latest
  • Thank you guys so much! I've been trying to beat this for months. I did exactly as you said taking out thrown DV and EP, blocking and stunning alternating on the troopers and stealthing as much as possible while leaving tie fighter completely alone. Managed to keep everyone alive as well! Only took about 3 tries to get the pattern down! Thanks again!
  • First post to the forums, and still learning the game.

Using the comments on this thread were extremely helpful, and I won in my first (somewhat strategic) attempt at this after getting wiped several times.

Below are all the steps I took to Victory (apologies for any error or omissions). Of course, your mileage may vary with crits at different times on different toons, and other randomness. Hope it’s helpful.

Have fun!

Abbreviations:

HS = Han Solo
    PL = Princess Leia
    LS = Luke Skywalker
    OWK = Obi-Wan Kenobi
    R2 = R2D2

TH = Thrall
    EP = Emperor Palpatine
    DV = Darth Vader
    SL = Stormtrooper on the Left
    SR = Stormtrooper on the Right
    TFP = TIE Fighter Pilot

1 = Basic Attack
    2 = Special Attack
    3 = Zeta Attack

Toon>Target>Attack
    HS EP 1
    PL EP 1
    LS TH 1
    OWK (n/a) 2
    R2 (n/a) 3
    HS TH 2
    HS (n/a) 3
    LS TH 2
    PL TH
    OWK SR 1
    LS SR 1
    HS THR 1
    R2 (OWK) 2
    PL SR (taunt) 2
    LS TH (anti-taunt) 3
    R2 SR (taunt) 1
    HS SR (taunt) 2
    OWK (n/a) 3
    HS SR (taunt) 1
    PL SR (taunt) 1
    LS SR 2
    R2 SL 1
    PL TH 2+1
    HS TH 1
    OWK TH 1
    LS TH 1
    R2 (n/a) 3
    PL TH 1
    *** OWK Dies ***
    HS (n/a 2
    LS TH 1
    HS SR 2
    HS1 TH
    R2 (PL) 2
    PL TH 1
    *** TH Dies Dies ***
    LS EP 2
    R2 SL 1
    PL (n/a) 2
    HS SR (< 50% turn)
    LS SR 1
    PL EP 1
    R2 EP 1
    HS 3
    LS 3
    LS SR 1
    *** SR Dies ***
    PL SL 1
    R2 (n/a) 3
    HS SL 2
    LS EP 2
    HS EP 1
    PL (n/a) 2
    PL EP 1
    LS EP 1
    R2 (PL) 2
    HS EP 1
    PL EP 1
    R2 SL 1
    LS (n/a) 3
    LS EP 2
    PL EP 2
    *** EP Dies ***
    HS (n/a) 3
    *** TFP Dies ***
    R2 SL 1
    LS SL 1
    HS SL 2
    HS SL 1
    PL DV 1
    LS DV 1
    R2 (n/a) 3
    HS DV 1
    PL (n/a) 2
    PL SL 1
    *** SL Dies ***
    LS (n/a) 3
    R2 (n/a) 3
    R2 (PL) 2
    PL (DV) 1
    HS (n/a) 3
    R2 DV 1
    LS DV 1
    HS DV 2
    HS DV 1
    *** DV Dies ***

Victory!

• EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.