Please help me with my squad

Iceninja
65 posts Member
edited June 2019
I need advice on a better squad to do better in the squad arena. Here is my Swgoh.gg so you can help. People said that my squad was the reason I could not beat Balista Shan, so I was wondering if anyone would help me come up with a squad. Here is the link:
swgoh.gg/u/iceninja2005

Replies

• jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Chirrut looks weird in that team. Farm up Sion. He works fine at 3 stars. He'll help clear buffs from opposing teams.

As far as Bastila specifically, you may want to focus on a mirror team of your own or characters that ignore protection. Sith Assassin is good. Sith Trooper is ok. Paired with Savage and you'll be able to knock them out once they hit 50% health. If you live long enough. Another option may be NS. But you'll have to land debuffs for them to be fully effective.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    It is possible to beat Bastila with Palpatine lead without toons like Traya. But there is vast room for improvement on your team.

You should replace Chirrut (obviously) and Maul first (he doesn't do much on that team, despite the G12). Vader should go too.

To break through Bastila's protection, you need a durable tank first, to help your team survive long enough. Sion would be the best option, as jhbuchholz recommended.
    I'd advise you to get Sith Trooper too.

As for the last spot, you'd need someone that can hurt the jedi despite their bonus protection and tenacity. Vader and Maul don't shine at that. I'd personally recommend to save up a zeta for whoever gets this spot, then choose between HK or Bastila Shan Fallen.

HK with his zeta will slow down the other team, as they won't get the bonus TM at the start. It will also stop Yoda from taking back-to-back turns.
    If you choose Fallen Bastila, mod her for potency. Unless the other team is modded for tenacity (most people don't do that on Bastila teams), BSF can hit through that bonus tenacity with the bonus from her unique and Palpatine's lead.

Meanwhile, you should get your Phoenix geared and starred enough to get Thrawn, you'll want to have him on your team, replacing one of the toons from above.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    It is possible to beat Bastila with Palpatine lead without toons like Traya. But there is vast room for improvement on your team.

You should replace Chirrut (obviously) and Maul first (he doesn't do much on that team, despite the G12). Vader should go too.

To break through Bastila's protection, you need a durable tank first, to help your team survive long enough. Sion would be the best option, as jhbuchholz recommended.
    I'd advise you to get Sith Trooper too.

As for the last spot, you'd need someone that can hurt the jedi despite their bonus protection and tenacity. Vader and Maul don't shine at that. I'd personally recommend to save up a zeta for whoever gets this spot, then choose between HK or Bastila Shan Fallen.

HK with his zeta will slow down the other team, as they won't get the bonus TM at the start. It will also stop Yoda from taking back-to-back turns.
    If you choose Fallen Bastila, mod her for potency. Unless the other team is modded for tenacity (most people don't do that on Bastila teams), BSF can hit through that bonus tenacity with the bonus from her unique and Palpatine's lead.

Meanwhile, you should get your Phoenix geared and starred enough to get Thrawn, you'll want to have him on your team, replacing one of the toons from above.

Lots of good advice here. If it were me, my priorities would be sion, bsf, all phoenix, thrawn, sith trooper, then HK. By the time you get all of that done, at least two of those toons and all of phoenix will be close to useless outside of tw/ga.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Chirrut looks weird in that team. Farm up Sion. He works fine at 3 stars. He'll help clear buffs from opposing teams.

As far as Bastila specifically, you may want to focus on a mirror team of your own or characters that ignore protection. Sith Assassin is good. Sith Trooper is ok. Paired with Savage and you'll be able to knock them out once they hit 50% health. If you live long enough. Another option may be NS. But you'll have to land debuffs for them to be fully effective.

Most of the time I have Baze instead of darth vader
  • Iceninja
    65 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Does anyone else think I should replace maul with Bastila Shan fallen, Sion or thrawn [which I have the characters, but I can not beat the level?]
  • Iceninja
    65 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I just unlocked thrawn! My whole team survived until it was just thrawn, and he took out all my units except Hera. She was in the red, but she landed the fatal shot on thrawn, and I won!
    Post edited by Iceninja on
  • Palpatine, Thrawn, BSF, Sion, and Nihilus is the team I’d recommend you build up.
  • Palpatine, Thrawn, BSF, Sion, and Nihilus is the team I’d recommend you build up.

Thanks, I will try it.
  • Iceninja
    65 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I have two squads made of characters I have. Tell me which one you think I should use. [ignore logray]
    m7jse673jg2x.png
    ulul0b3sxzjv.png
  • I am liking the second one because they can disable people easily.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    The second should be better in most areas of the game. And get Sion in for R2 as soon as you can.
    The second should be better in most areas of the game. And get Sion in for R2 as soon as you can.

Okay, I think I will start powering up that one.

Exactly this. Sion will be huge in getting past Bastila-lead team's bonus protection because you can spam his AoE over and over again due to pain not sticking from the tenacity that Bastila's lead grants(if they have zeta).
  • The team that held me at top 50 until DRevan came out was a EP lead, with hot topic bastilla, Sion, Darth Nihi,and either a Vader or Wampa. Wampa is my personal favorite, being a purely physical damage base character destroying tenacity focused toons.
  • Thanks everyone for the help
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    Does anyone else think I should replace maul with Bastila Shan fallen, Sion or thrawn [which I have the characters, but I can not beat the level?]

I am definitely someone who enjoys using Maul, but even with his massive protection adjustment, he still doesn't have a health pool large enough to be viable.

Firstly, your squads don't have a tank, at all. Neither composition actually has a character that can absorb damage. Theoretically if you hit hard enough, this isn't an issue, but you need to be aware that if you don't fix it, daily you will be constantly dropping so far down that you can't make any ground.

Considering your roster I would advise the following format:

Lead: Emperor Palpatine, but grind Darth Revan asap
    Tank: Sion, GK (You can think about using Zaalbar until you get sion)
    Attackers: Bastila Shan (Fallen), GMY
    Support: Nihilus

Full Squad: EP, BSF, GMY, GK, Nihilus
    Goal: Darth Revan, Sion, Nihilus, BSF, HK/EP

Focus on grinding Malak, Sith Empire squad. You're close, and if you make that push, you will have more than enough for GACs.