Best Use of Gems

I'm a new player wondering what gems should be spent on. I assumed chromium data cards but I am now wondering if it is better to refresh arena (or other) battles. Ideas?

Replies

• Only refresh Arena attempts if you definitely know the 5 extra attempts will get you into the next reward bracket otherwise it's not worth it. Also the crystal cost for refresh goes up each time, so the first is 50 crystals and the next is 100, I've never refreshed more than once so I don't know if it continues to go up by increments of 50 or if it's double the amount.

If you're just starting out then it depends on whether or not you want to take a chance at unlocking some strong characters using chromium cards. I wouldn't waste crystals just buying 1 card at a time, definitely save up to buy the 8x pack if you can wait.

Otherwise if you're happy with the set of characters you have now and can easily farm their shards and need materials to train skills or level gear then go with an energy refresh. I don't know if energy refresh costs also increase or not right now. I think they did back during soft launch.
  • 1st refresh 50
    2nd 50
    Next three 100
    Next three 200
    Next three 400
    Next three 800

In the beginning the data packs may be best, but at least plan on refreshing energy twice a day at 50 crystals to farm shards and gear.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • All the way up to 800!!?? OK now this is pure greed!
  • I only use them on refreshing battles
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Refresh energy.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    It seems to be a semi-common misuse of the word. Makes me wonder if it's a translation issue.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Pro necro skills though
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Holy guacamole.
  • Only use to refresh energies, all are solid. Usually though use for normal (yellow), since you won't have that high crystal daily income. Tip for all: this game is very heavy on mods, so learn how to farm good ones too aswell.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    5th builder hut
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • refresh cantina energy
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    All the way up to 800!!?? OK now this is pure greed!

Throwback to the days when only refresh costs were the catalyst for these complaints lol

I’m mostly surprised that this thread didn’t include people claiming that the “game was about to implode” due to the crystal refresh costs.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    All the way up to 800!!?? OK now this is pure greed!
    TVF wrote: »
    It seems to be a semi-common misuse of the word. Makes me wonder if it's a translation issue.

. Lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Ok?
  • I just use gems on arena and energy every now and than but once ive saved a few thousand I purchase "long grinding" gear.