Letting People Keep GAC Currency Earned During the Aborted Exhibition is Wrong

Prev1
Per @CG_Erik

IMPLICATIONS ON CHAMPIONSHIP AND LIFETIME SCORE & GAC CURRENCY
In resetting the Exhibition, we'll be resetting both the accumulated Championship and Lifetime Score. We'll likely also reset it again at the end of the Exhibition Season before we move into prime time.
You will, however, keep your accumulated GAC currency from the last event.

It is completely wrong to allow people to keep GAC currency from the aborted exhibition since the currency is so valuable and not everyone was able to log in and get battles before you ended the event. Please reconsider this "fix."

Replies

• DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Yeah, this is an unforced error piled on top of multiple other unforced errors. Is CG just trolling us now?
  • I didn't get any of the new currency buy why should I want it taken away from those that played a feature of the game and actually earned it? I critiqued cg for many many things but letting players keep resources they earned will never be one of them
  • Does it not strike you as unfair that thousands didn’t get the chance to earn those resources?
  • ObiShenobi
    83 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Most that earned it did so through the fleet feat. Most if not all used Crystals to do so, so its either let them keep the currency or refund the crystals.

I respect CG's call on this one.
    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    ObiShenobi wrote: »
    Most that earned it did so through the fleet feat. Most if not all used Crystals to do so, so its either let them keep the currency or refund the crystals.

Why refund the crystals? They were promised 40 GAC currency, they got it.

Also, I did 15 battles over three days and got it. Zero crystals spent.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The little currency you got wasn't worth having to fight 15 battles in fleet. This meta is the worst.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Hey, stop right there... I was really trying to do my best defeating those defences while completing the quests... It wasn’t easy.

And now my fear is a GA filled with malaks
  • Does it not strike you as unfair that thousands didn’t get the chance to earn those resources?

I didn't get to play, but I hope people keep what they earned. I can only speak for myself though
  • TVF wrote: »

However, some people that could actually fight in the attack phase , mine went straight to review, accumulated 65+ GAC. Whereas I couldn’t earn any. I even saved my best toons to win on Offense. They should compensate people whose game went to review phase to make it equal. Not only is it fair, but the right thing to do.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

However, some people that could actually fight in the attack phase , mine went straight to review, accumulated 65+ GAC. Whereas I couldn’t earn any. I even saved my best toons to win on Offense. They should compensate people whose game went to review phase to make it equal. Not only is it fair, but the right thing to do.

I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about the devs compensating the people who completed the fleet one.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Congrats on having a reset time that worked out when they decided to scrap the event?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Congrats on having a reset time that worked out when they decided to scrap the event?

Believe me, I'm going to wreck the rest of you with my 40 GAC advantage.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Believe me, I'm going to wreck the rest of you with my 40 GAC advantage.

Careful, someone will call you out for being sarcastic.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    C’mon, i’ve got 50 of this new currency. Need 6 to 9 times more to get 2 pieces of finishers... even if they strip me off, that doesn’t change absolutely anything
  • If 40 GAC isn’t worth anything then CG should just be able to reset everyone to 0 with minimal fuss. Unless of course, they promote spending and don’t reward careful planning/f2p
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    If 40 GAC isn’t worth anything then CG should just be able to reset everyone to 0 with minimal fuss. Unless of course, they promote spending and don’t reward careful planning/f2p

Sure! They also should remove 1 credit which they give for canceling GA: it doesn’t change anything anyway :)

• TBH, I'd prefer if they spent less time figuring out compensation and more time making things work the first time around.
  • When currency is involved that can move to Gear13 then those rewards should be made even. In an event that did NOT work, I should have to go without the 30, 40, 50 currency... I didn’t have the CHANCE to earn it.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    It's not a big amount....it's less than half of what is needed to buy the cheapest chunk of gear salvage in the GAC store....it sucks but it's not worth the effort it would take to go in and manually get every player to the same amount. We have the new GAC about to start and the Geo TB in 3 days....I'd rather they not spent any time on something so trivial when there are more important things going on this week that will undoubtedly require a lot of attention from them.
    Post edited by Vos_Landeck on
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Does it not strike you as unfair that thousands didn’t get the chance to earn those resources?
    There is no perfect, "fair" solution to this situation, and the stakes are trivial. Drop it. It's a reasonable resolution to a minor but imperfectly reconcilable issue.
    Still not a he.
  • It's extremely unlikely that the few earned rewards will make a significant difference, I'm with CG on this one.
  • Simple solution, keep the same feats progress. If people have finished some of them, then no more same feats
  • I think it's just fine, especially because of the fleet challenge. People had that done almost instantly. They had to spend crystals to accomplish that. I did not so I did not get anything. They're wiping out the points earned so far, so the only thing anyone has over anyone else, is the few credits they essentially spent crystals for. This is completely fair, and if anything probably a bad value for those who did get them.
  • Geez friggin it's like 40 currency, maybe slightly higher for people that got to attack, of all the things going wrong this is just people wanting to complain for attention. Toxic players man pick your battles.
  • I only needed 1 more fleet battle to complete the feat but then they cancelled it. I know it's just a little bit of currency but I had to work for it only to then not get rewarded.
  • Let's just do a quick math here. Only 1/8 of the people would get first rewards in GA. Then CG came and gave everyone first rewards. So why are you still complaining? 7/8 of the people that wouldn't get first need to be happy about what CG did.

It's more fair to do that than remove the extra currency that people got. Difference would be a lot higher if the exhibition ended normally. Stop crying about what others got and start enjoying what you got.
  • We are getting this people people threw a tantrum over the weekend
  • Prolly the people that blieved that the 1 credit was compensation.