Why are assault battles and special events down to 1 day long?

Ct214476
176 posts Member
I don't like this because it means less rewards, and I want all the rewards I can get

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Look at last month's calendar.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Ct214476 wrote: »
    I don't like this because it means less rewards, and I want all the rewards I can get

I think they are running more of them so it equals out.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    They're constantly adding new content that adds more rewards. We're about to get GAC and a new TB on top of all our other increasing vectors for rewards. Plus, even though this month's assault battles are one day apiece, there are twice as many of them as last month.

Don't fall into the tunnel vision trap.
    Still not a he.
  • Ct214476
    176 posts Member
    That makes sense
  • Don’t let them fool you, day to day there isn’t as much to do anymore.

You play for 8 minutes when you get up in the morning and the rest of the day is just logging in to stare at your roster and farm. Maybe you get a raid that night, probably play in the arena, but as far as daily events? We used to be able to play for 16 min .. it’s been cut in half.

That’s why it seems like there’s nothing to do. Oh and “look at last months calendar” means nothing. The practice was put into place TWO months ago. So to be fair, check the calendar from April.
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member
    They probably want to slow the rate of zetas .
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Z2gop wrote: »
    They probably want to slow the rate of zetas .
    Only two of the events give zetas. Wicket and Talzin, 2-4 zetas. The assault battles give omegas past the first clear.

They're modifying challenges to give flat 1, which given the old average is 0.6, is an average of 16 more zetas a month.

Zeta income is going up.
    Still not a he.
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    They're constantly adding new content that adds more rewards. We're about to get GAC and a new TB on top of all our other increasing vectors for rewards. Plus, even though this month's assault battles are one day apiece, there are twice as many of them as last month.

GAC give less reward than the old GA to most players. New TB is not a content for everyone. They are again punishing players who are not yet in the serious end game stage.

This is the most hated change in my guild
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Ladislav wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

GAC give less reward than the old GA to most players. New TB is not a content for everyone. They are again punishing players who are not yet in the serious end game stage.

First, the gac rewards are not final. This is just an exhibition.

Second, the new TB does not take anything away from the old one, so you lose nothing by continuing with Hoth.
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Second, the new TB does not take anything away from the old one, so you lose nothing by continuing with Hoth.

C'mon, at least read what my reaction is for. Yes, new TB does not take anything from the old one. Fully agree. But if this new content with new rewards is the reason why assault battles are reduced from 2 day events to 1 day, then it is taking a lot from many players who are not yet target audience for the new TB. You need to be lvl 75? to get access to Assault Battles. You need to be in 80M guild and have G12 toons to participate in new TB and even at that point you may be still losing out on all shards you would get from additional day of assault battles.

For the GAC, can you please point me to a post where CG describes that rewards for exhibition are intentionally decreased? If there is no such post, your guess about it not being final is as good as my guess about it being worse.

• Ladislav wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

C'mon, at least read what my reaction is for. Yes, new TB does not take anything from the old one. Fully agree. But if this new content with new rewards is the reason why assault battles are reduced from 2 day events to 1 day, then it is taking a lot from many players who are not yet target audience for the new TB. You need to be lvl 75? to get access to Assault Battles. You need to be in 80M guild and have G12 toons to participate in new TB and even at that point you may be still losing out on all shards you would get from additional day of assault battles.

For the GAC, can you please point me to a post where CG describes that rewards for exhibition are intentionally decreased? If there is no such post, your guess about it not being final is as good as my guess about it being worse.

Completely agree. Ground War is only once this month. It used to be two days. My guild is no where near ready to try the new TB and will not be able to get the new currency. Giving fewer rewards is their way of saying give us money. They are not running events more often. They cut them in half. This is absolutely ridiculous.