Letting People Keep GAC Currency Earned During the Aborted Exhibition is Wrong

2Next

Replies

• They can’t fix this. It’s simply out of their capabilities.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    I personally got the fleet 40 but I didn't get to attack so couldn't get more. I don't really think those few coins are going to make a big difference one way or another. Would I like to have them? Sure, but it's not the end of the world. We did all get first place rewards. While I do think we should have gotten something for the screw up, I think that was more than generous. I mean come on, it's really only been delayed a few days, not like it was cancelled altogether and replaced with double drops. I'm no fan of how often we have gotten screwed over lately but this seems more than fair for compensation.
  • XiXiS
    48 posts Member
    I personally didn’t receive but I don’t mind letting them keep the tokens :smile:
  • Psycosaltine
    481 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    COMPENSATION FOR FLEET ARENA FEATS
    Lastly, we're looking into how to compensate players who completed the Fleet Arena Feat. This will happen separately from the compensation for the cancelled Exhibition and at some point further in the future. We'll update you on our plans around this as soon as we're able.

Thats the only thing i take issue with, its fine they can keep their currency but compensation beyond that?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Lastly, we're looking into how to compensate players who completed the Fleet Arena Feat. This will happen separately from the compensation for the cancelled Exhibition and at some point further in the future. We'll update you on our plans around this as soon as we're able.

Thats the only thing i take issue with, its fine they can keep their currency but compensation beyond that?
    The feat did two things.

Gave tokens and gave championship points.

They kept the tokens, yes, but they lost the championship points. So compensation is something reasonable to consider. Personally, I consider "no" to be a fair answer after consideration, but given that question's gotten this far, my guess is they're going to do a crystal refund on fleet arena refreshes or something.
    Still not a he.
  • 7 out of every 8 players just got rewarded more rewards than they would have earned had GA not been cancelled. Given that it's a pretty large net gain for the vast majority of the players, I think I can deal with missing out on a whopping 40 to 100 GAC currency.
  • Grats to everyone that completed the 15/15 ship battles and kept your GET2. Happy they let you keep it.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Does it not strike you as unfair that thousands didn’t get the chance to earn those resources?
    There is no perfect, "fair" solution to this situation, and the stakes are trivial. Drop it. It's a reasonable resolution to a minor but imperfectly reconcilable issue.
    Yeah, I’m happy with the resolution.

Feel odd being asked to “drop” something when I’ve posted once about it, though.

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Grats to everyone that completed the 15/15 ship battles and kept your GET2. Happy they let you keep it.

Nobody got any GET2
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

The feat did two things.

Gave tokens and gave championship points.

They kept the tokens, yes, but they lost the championship points. So compensation is something reasonable to consider. Personally, I consider "no" to be a fair answer after consideration, but given that question's gotten this far, my guess is they're going to do a crystal refund on fleet arena refreshes or something.

And why should they give a fleet arena refresh refund? Has it not occurred that some would have had to refresh to get to top spot anyway?
  • When a strategy game promotes reckless waste and punishes careful planning it’s a sad day. Anyway, best go and needlessly refresh my fleet arena a few times so I don’t get less rewards again...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Sneekypete wrote: »
    Geez friggin it's like 40 currency, maybe slightly higher for people that got to attack, of all the things going wrong this is just people wanting to complain for attention. Toxic players man pick your battles.
    Sneekypete wrote: »
    Geez friggin it's like 40 currency, maybe slightly higher for people that got to attack, of all the things going wrong this is just people wanting to complain for attention. Toxic players man pick your battles.

This x10000
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    at first I didn't really care, but was leaning towards letting people keep stuff. not their fault gac im/exploded. then I saw that I had some rewards, so I definitely think keeping them is the right thing to do
    Maybe End Game isn't for you